Automated Announcements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 12, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have automated announcements in the game. It would add to the realism factor.

I think it should be a thing the player sets up through the Cab display like on the Bakerloo with the Number Pad. Select your destination, and at each station & before the station, the announcement plays. It would make the game feel less deserted and lifeless.

• Like Like x 6
  2. no123

no123 Member

They said that they need to get some licenses, so idk.

3. ZeenozPlays

They would only need the operators licensing. So, TFL for the Bakerloo announcements, they already have the licensing for TFL though which means they just haven’t included it.

4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, that is not how licenses work. Licensing only applies to agreed upon content not to the brand as a whole.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They've really should've thought about announcements a long time ago. I don't get why we still don't have announcements

• Like Like x 1
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I have modded some more realistic announcements for the Bakerloo Line stations. You can download from here.

This enhancement provides different generic announcements to stations on the Bakerloo Line. The voice over is provided by Emma Hignett, who announces for various TfL modes of transport.

Simply place the PAK file in your DLC folder, located at ...steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ZeenozPlays

I’m on PS4

8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have downloaded it and put it in my pc version of tsw2. Although it's a shame consoles can't get it so I would like dtg to have announcements for TSW2 for all platforms because it's not fair pc players can mod it in but console players can't even get announcements

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Moding is not only about TSW when it comes to differences between PC and consoles :)