London Underground Route-addons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yannick, Sep 15, 2020.

?
  1. Jubilee Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Metropolitan Line

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Northern Line

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Piccadilly Line

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. District Line

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Circle Line

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  7. Central Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Victoria Line

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  9. Hammersmith&City Line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yannick

Yannick New Member

In my opinion there should be at least two or three Route-Addons for TSW 2 with London Underground because there are a lot of routes with great potential and I think that DTG showed with Bakerloo Line that it can turn out very beautiful. My suggestions for a next Route-Addon is the Jubilee Line because it is very diverse in case of stations. There are very modern ones but also very traditional ones. The route is also 22.5 miles long and has 27 stations (13 underground) which is slightly longer than Bakerloo line.
    All in all I would love to see DTG focus more on London Underground lines because there are plenty more Lines to implement into the game and in game I miss metro lines.

• Like Like x 1
  2. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

The problem with London Underground routes on Train Sim World is ATO (Automatic Train Operation). This works by the driver pressing the 'ATO start' button at each station and the train drives to the next station. All the driver does is operate the doors. The London Underground lines with ATO are Jubilee, Northern, Central and Victoria. The sub-surface lines (District, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines) are being upgraded to have ATO. This means that there are only three lines without ATO (Bakerloo, Piccadilly and Waterloo & City), one of which is already in Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yannick

Yannick New Member

I came to the idea with multiple new lines because of a TS 2020 Route-Addon, where I think they added the metropolitan line with the S8 coming with it and you could drive it “normally”. Of course at that time it didn’t have ATO and as you wrote it will have in a matter of time but maybe there is a way to make it happen so you could drive with ATO but also just disable it and drive yourself. But we are dreaming anyways because in the livestream they said that there are no Route-Addons “London Underground” planned prom just in their minds so we have to pray badly that it will happen. But I think any underground Route would be nice but I would be very happy if it is a London one.