PlayStation Tsw2020

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rich.minty, Sep 16, 2020.

1. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Train Sim World 2020

Rhein-Ruhr Osten

Chapter 2 - Freight Driver
    10th Journey - Mixed Freight - Wuppertal Steinbeck > Hagen
    Red signal just after 38.8km post at 39,100 board, does not clear - only way to proceed is to SPAD the signal under PZB upon which, watching the map the signals operate as intended as you clear the next signal

MR185.5 MRCE Timetable
    9:53 Petroleum - Wuppertal Steinbeck Yard > Hagen Freight Yard
    Right at the beginning of this route you are stopped in front of a yellow freight signal (which you would not notice unless you viewed the train from outside), acknowledging this signal does nothing and you are immediately emergency stopped by PZB when approaching the red signal ahead, regardless of not having exceeded 40kmph and slowing down on approach

2. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Okie dokie...
    I have solved the issue with the MR185.5 MRCE Timetable issue of being emergency stopped by PZB approaching the red signal.

The issue was that (and I didn't know this at the time) while under restrictive monitoring and approaching an active 500Hz magnet my speed should have been no more than 25kmph.

This highlights a significant assumption on the part of dovetail games... the assumption that everyone who plays TSW knows how to read signals and signs and understands what action/s should be taken in response to these. Would it not be prudent, as with the brief tutorials for each engine type, to have an in-game signals tutorial with a practical run through to gain a better understanding of said signalling?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. BigH

BigH Active Member

This might help a bit. Matt explaining german signals and PZB

4. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

I watched this when it was streamed. It did help as well as all the other PZB and German signalling videos I have had to watch on youtube to gain a better understanding of the PZB system.

But my point being, this should be something included within the game as an extra group of tutorials covering not only German, but British and American signalling systems and their respective safety systems as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigH

BigH Active Member

I agree about it being in-game and about having a proper manual. If i understood Sam right in his last stream, they are not happy about it and are thinking about a proper solution. We will see.

6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

This is correct a manual is something that's already being looked into.

7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200916-122510_Drive.jpg
    This was all you needed togheter with what mode your PZB was (O - pax; M - cargo w/good braking; U - heavier freights)

Main Spessart Bahn Manual page 22.

Although it was not needed specifically for your issue we need longer and better manuals

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  8. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Thankyou :) I just used that to run an (almost) perfect freight service from Gemunden to Aschaffenburg.

That chart is a great help and is something that would be useful to have displayed somewhere on the hud, or as an interactive manual placed somewhere on the dash in game.

9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I recommend reading all the manuals even for DLCs you don't have they might have info applicable to other similar DLCs as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Good video I don't recall pzb befehl being explained on it. It's not really used much so it feels like it should be explained in a manual.