PC 2p11 Class 166 - Is It Just Me....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NoyonB, Dec 30, 2017.

1. NoyonB

NoyonB New Member

I've got to Iver station without problems and on time.
    However.
    When it's time for me to leave there is a red signal ahead of me.
    Looking in the "map" I see that ahead of me, also stopped at a red light is another train,
    Looking further there is a train in the next station, with a green light, but it doesn't move.

So far I've waited for 15 minutes (meaning I'm well behind schedule) but the train in the next station still doesn't move.
    Below are 3 screen shots. The first is my train at Iver, the second is the train ahead of me and the last is the train in the next station with a green light.

Has anyone else come across this?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yeah, sometimes (and quite often) trains in GWE get stuck on the line.
    In your case you can sometimes unstuck them by walking to them, taking over their service, then walking to your first train again and re-taking over your original service. Stuck service usually continues after that, although you'll be off your schedule quite a bit.
    If you have walked to stuck service and can't get in (train makes running sounds and doors are locked), walk around it rubbing your nose on the walls of carriages until you can clip through by sitting in the passenger seat. Then stand up again and walk to the cab.

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I've heard of troubleshooting problems but quite how you came up with this solution boggles the mind! :o

4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

The fact that you can do that isn't reassuring. :/

5. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Sometimes I even manage to board a HST like that as it whizzes past at 125 mph ;)

6. chintzo

chintzo New Member

Anyone seen the film Ghost? It happened there first.

7. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I noticed it is trivial to pull off with HST (as AlexNL mentions) and tried with 166, which is a bit harder, but still has few holes in it.

Also a bit of experience with various game engines and understanding underlying mechanics, which are sometimes tricky enough to assume DTG didn't debug it thoroughly.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017