Euro Fishing Angler's Log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG_Stephen, Aug 30, 2017.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi all,

We plan to have a look at doing a revamp/overhaul of the Angler's Log in game in the future.

What would you like to see us add or remove from the Angler's Log that you feel would improve it?

2. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

click on a boss that you have caught to reveal date, time, rig, and bait.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Nice idea that man ! ;)

4. Hendore

Hendore New Member

• +1 On showing rig/bait, date/time, weather condition, location on lake for PB of each species.
    • Remove the negative stats (fish/boss fish lost), a lot of the losses where due to earlier game glitches.
    • Browse logbook of friends that play EF.
    • Show a total weight, count and average weight of all fish caught.
    Kind of related to anglers log. It would be nice at any point in game to be able to see the same logbook widget/view for the current session so before packing up I can see what I caught.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

• .. Those are still there and worse than ever. They should fix the game first

6. alexis

alexis New Member

salut! alors vous pouvez mettre le carnivore (perche, esturgeon, brochet) pour mettre les curseurs pour les carnivores, il donnera plus de désir de jouer encore plus aux jeux

7. Yu008qK

Yu008qK New Member

• Customisable (choice by the player) rank title like "Specimen Hunter", "Tench Addict", "Tournament Player"...
    • Make the angler's log public, accessible in multiplayer by other player.
    • Detail the number of Boss catch by species.

8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Some great ideas so far folks! Keep them coming.

9. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

A log of personal best fish by venue and species would be nice. Also a happy snap of the boss fish caught stored in the log would be good. As stated elsewhere the date / time / swim and bait used would be handy for all the catches of boss fish. I would also love a rolling monthly personal best by species and venue to give me something to aim at beating.

Not the main log but a mini log of your catches in a session would be nice. Like fish sim 2s keepnet.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. O.N.F Fox Rage

O.N.F Fox Rage New Member

The problem with this idea is that many pc players will complain that other players have access to this kind of info especially if they used Cheat Engine to enjoy unlimited money from level 2, Personally, I'm not against this suggestion but for me, the priority would be to fix the maximum number of bugs and add a "real" anti-cheat to the game (to fight glitch for example).

On console (PS4 mainly), it is possible to have an underwater view without the apparent water to see the position of the fish and therefore the bosses themselves, which allows to know where they are at a time T I think this glitch is not usable (and still happy that it is not because the number of abuses would be huge I think).
    Priority according to me, so to bug fixes before adding content even if it would do good to the game.

I say this because having bought the game, Season Pass and DLC Foundry Dock (so being in possession of all the current content of the game), I see more or less where are the big problems on Euro Fishing.

A boss who shoots 200 meters of wire, I agree but spend 30 minutes in a fight sometimes lost in advance, already, no thanks for me ... Then the problem of line voltage quite recurring when one has the brake at 0% and that the tension is literally to the maximum, it is the same, it is to correct ... Then the fish that pass in the scenery and that make that your line breaks instantly, it is the same , this is one of the main priorities of the game to be corrected before the rest ...

These are just a small list of bugs that come to mind but are often present and whose players complain much (too much for my taste) and who risk signing the "death sentence" of the game, it clearly has potential.

It still lacks things like the addition of the carnivorous (pike perch, trout for example, the catfish already being part of it and I do not understand why these other species have not been added from the start. European fishing is not limited to whitefish (bream, tench, roach), catfish and carp.

Adding the method feeder or pellet waggler (for exemple) would also be a big plus to the game if we want to talk about adding content, in France, this type of fishing has been developing more and more in recent years thanks to the import of dedicated equipment (rods, reels, etc ...), thanks UK for the import here ^^

We can also talk about adding float tube and kawak which are also more and more practiced in Europe and personally, if you add this kind of content, I might have a hard time letting go :D

Dovetail Games shooting himself in the current direction and could clearly be the biggest rival of Fishing Planet, which is shadowing him despite his current system of micro-payments (even if 10 euros per pack is not but FP developers have clearly understood what they have to do to stay on the market and attract enough players and expand their community when it was released early access at the time.

As long as I think about it, being able to customize its graphic settings more in depth would be a big plus because at the moment, having the choice between 4 settings whose impact on current configurations is unknown is negative. What changes between High and Ultra mode? Between Low and Average? No one has any idea and give us more flexibility (especially useful to youtubers / streamers) would be very beneficial for the future of the game (in my humble opinion: p)

So, I think I've made the rounds of what I had to say and propose for the moment. I await the opinion of Dovetail Games about this and also the community (consoles and pc) and know what people really think about it.

On this, good fishing at all despite the bugs present :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  11. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

A890DDCB-C704-41E5-9ECC-1583B4A0BCA2.png A1A063D9-4A38-4BB9-B929-53A2F8243CE4.png
    I totally agree. At the moment I take a screen shot of the fish, then take a photo of the gear used.
    PS4

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  12. ARLCFC

ARLCFC New Member

Just purchased this game and noted the above comments people have made. A mini log of a session you have completed would be great, almost like a keepnet aspect showing weight etc. In relation to the full log, total weight of fish and an avereage would be good, coupled with your top 5 largest fish for each species on each of the lakes.

13. ignoringfosters

ignoringfosters Active Member

if you do a multiplayer session you can see how many fish caught and weight but i agree single player aspect would be nice

14. ARLCFC

ARLCFC New Member

I tried this today and whilst it is marginally better than Single Player, you still cannot see a record of the fish you have caught, each type of fish, bait used and time caught etc. A list of the fish with type, weight, bait used can be presented with a secondary option of going into the fish and finding out more detailed info. A picture of the fish as you have caught it can also be presented here. I feel that a Keepnet. Would also add to the experience in single and multiplayer. It would be nice to have a lake records section in the Anglers Log for each species too.

15. Kanes_Inferno

Kanes_Inferno New Member

Love these ideas.