Wcml South Is A Joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nielsmallant100, Sep 17, 2020.

1. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

The following words are my opinion:
    I know the title sounds harsh, but it needs to be said, it is unfinished and weird.
    Euston looks terrible, the night lighting is really weird, electrostars show multiple destinations on 1 train, electostars also run with pantographs down on AC sections. There is only 1 scenario for the 390, the big sellingpoint of the route, and the 221 comes with 0 scenario's. How can the big show of the 2021 release be such a letdown? Usually DTG routes are pretty good, but this one is just such a shame, I really wanted this to be good, like genuinely. And please don't attack me for this rant, you can always disagree with me, just remember we all have different opinion.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

My fps is terrible can't even get 20 fps on wcmlsouth ,other routes are fine i don't get it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Ahha welcome in the train simulator world !

4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Having seen a number of images, including a wall completely clipping a train, I'll be giving this a miss for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  5. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

updates: The class 66s are invisible, and bridges are sometimes missing until you've passed them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Euston, we have a problem.

• Like Like x 12
  7. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Ah, here we go again!

Lessons learned: Zero.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Yep, even on smaller stations, like Milton keynes I'm struggling to hit double digit FPS. Like there no proper lod/scenery optimization done.

I'm usually around 30 on most routes, in scenery heavy areas (like the London stations on most routes), which I can tolerate considering the nature of DX9. But this... this is really abysmal and I'm starting to regret the deluxe purchase.

9. LucasLCC

Refund and buy on sale is my advice...

• Like Like x 2
  10. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I haven't got it yet... I wanted it, but reading this forum, one word comes to mind... RUSHED...???

Incidentally, how much is the deluxe version??? I haven't found it yet in the store!!!

Eric

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  11. LucasLCC

Deluxe version is £39.99.

More expensive than any of the regional additions last year (which had the same number of routes)

12. maxipolo12

No buy this anymore is my advice

13. maxipolo12

I will ask for refund.
    I can not tolerate this anymore in 2020 and will not loose money for TS anymore.
    The game is just unplayable cause of a catastrophic optimization.

If the problem doesn't come from optimization, it comes from signals, erros, bugs etc.
    Bye.

Attached Files:

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Frame rate is pretty abysmal. I know I only have a GTX980, but everything else... even the much talked about Woodhead in Blue gets me 28fps or so. I'm getting around 14fps @ 2560x1600 res. Barely playable.

15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Watching the stream tonight with the game playing on Sam’s rather decent machine, it looked abysmal. I don’t have a PC so only play TSW 2 on PS4 Pro, but there is no way I would buy that route given the poor performance. This had to have been known to the development team before it was released. It’s so obvious. Which again leads me to suspect DTG is not testing things properly. At this rate, with the number of quality issues, DTG is going to upset a lot of loyal customers. It’s crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This game starts with Integrated graphic for me. I had to change in NVIDIA Control Panel to proper GPU.

help.png

17. Pookeyhead

I don't have an integrated GPU so that's not my problem. It just runs like a bag of arse on WCML South. I am running a GTX980 at 2560x1600 though... I notice other people are saying they have similar frame rates (around 15fps) though.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

However, I would check it in your place in this panel. For me, the 1050M runs without problems.

19. Pookeyhead

Wow.. that GPU is just loafing along.. not even breaking a sweat and only 21fps. CPU usage is misleading, as I don't know how many cores you have and TS isn't really multi-core friendly, so if you have a Ryzen 3950X for example, that figure, while being low, could indicate a maxed out CPU. I'm sure you'll clarify that I hope.

20. car147

car147 New Member

16-20 fps here with a Power Colour RX5700XT 8GB, Christ MSFS2020 ran at high 30's and now high 40's after an update.
    I am not putting up with this crap any longer, 1 test run, refund requested.

21. maxipolo12

3700x @4.3 GHz but game is broken so...

22. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It looked abysmal in the stream!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pookeyhead

Nope... it's listed.

24. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

Alan Thomson is suggesting the fps problem is with some of the stock. He's also commented that the core seems more stable, so maybe a positive out of this.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Performance issues are definitely down to the stock. The script for the 390 is famously terrible, and causes the game to tank performance when it's used. I'm going to be blunt here - this is probably DTG's worst route. Euston is desolate, New Street has a number of weird texture issues where doors appear slanted, scenery overall isn't great, the fourth rail on the Watford lines doesn't even go all the way up, and at one of the bridges in Berkhamsted trains clip through rather badly, plus a whole laundry list of other issues ranging from missing scenery to the odd decision to not use EPS boards but instead differential speed boards on one part of the route, but the other part does have them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not my shots, but seriously, how did someone sign off on this saying it's okay to release

• Like Like x 6
  26. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Refund requested from Steam for the Deluxe bundle. Not paying an extra $20 for an unplayable route at 10-15fps. Could it be anymore obvious at this point that Dovetail simple do not care?

• Like Like x 1
  27. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Who the hell gave this the ok? I always wonder if DTG test there add on's or they test them & they don't fix the bugs like come on man how could you mess this up so bad. I feel bad for the people who can't refund this.

• Like Like x 2
  28. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

With how unfinished and poorly tested the latest two releases (Frankfurt-Koblenz has a huge number of QA issues) from DTG has been, it almost feels like they are deprioritizing/transitioning away from TS20xx for TSW2.

If we just got an editor (not gonna happen if I read Protagonists answer on that question correctly) and some way to edit the physics (so we can fix physics bugs like in TS20XX ourselves) then I would honestly not mind too much since TS20XX is starting to show it's age with how poorly it is performing when you try to make it somewhat modern in terms of graphics. But alas, things were not meant to be.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I did.

30. car147

car147 New Member

One bit of good news. Steam refund was both painless and quick.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Pookeyhead

If you already had it from a separate purchase, then you'll still have it.

32. Nikubus

Nikubus New Member

Ok will check when i'm back from work

Edit: My bad i was confusing it with the Freightliner one

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020