Sorry, But This Is Just A Rip Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It beggars belief. Looking at it again now I've had some sleep, it's even worse. No wonder the one and only pendolino scenario is in the fog. I'd want to hide this mess as well. Seriously.... I could have made a better job of Euston myself. You guys do realise that there are doors that are about 3ft tall at the side of the platform, and overhead wires passing straight through concrete? Ramps going nowhere?

Bridge clippping.. everywhere.

Overhead lines missing.

15fps.. if I'm lucky

What the hell is going on at Birmingham New Street? Why do doors to the lifts look like a Salvador Dali painting? What's with the outside of the station? LOL. Seriously, is this come kind of wager? A competition to see how utterly crap you can you can make things, and then get people to pay for it?

Seriously... I'd take a screenshot of my own, but I think Alan Thompson's face says more than I ever could.

324523452345.JPG

What's with the mess at the front of the 390 where the shield was? Why was THAT not in the promotional video? You deliberately hid that detail. Look....

456345634563456.JPG

So is this video retouched in post, or is that not the same model? That alone wouldn't have been a deal breaker, but taken with everything else, it just makes me feel like you literally don't give a crap about me, other than as a resource to extract money from. I feel insulted quite frankly, that you thought I was so undiscerning that I would have been happy to spend £40 on this product. Be honest, and actually come in these forums and tell us you are completely happy with this product... come on... let's be having you. Actually face us, and tell us you're happy with it, and we're just a bunch of over-expectant babies that want the moon on a stick... come on!

Why are the 390 windows totally opaque? I mean.. not dark... just not transparent. Why?

This is a rip off. Seriously, do you think we are stupid? I'm serious.. do you actually think we are stupid, and that you can just make us pay for any old crap, and laugh at us?

There are people with 2080Tis getting less than 20fps.

It's blatantly obvious that you just want to play with your stupid console games and you're just doing all you can to wash your hands of TS. Just have the balls to do it then... just can TS and put it out of it's misery... this is embarrassing. Stop pretending you care about it, and stringing us along. Just kill it and move on to TSW2 where people can finger paint their trains like little kids and get all excited. It's screamingly obvious that's your only concern - TSW2... a console game. Stop messing around... just admit it... we know it's true.

What the hell is going on over there?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Pookeyhead

Damn.. I keep finding things to complain about...

Why are the windows NOT opaque on the promo video?
    45324523452345.JPG

Why can't we have THAT model? Why give us one with no bloody windows? Could it be you're doing everything you can to rescue the terrible FPS? Yeah.. we woodnt notice that... coz wer lik reely dumm

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Shockingly bad. What a disgrace of a product.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

I found the stream last night a total embarrassment and did feel sorry for Sam. He didn't even make it to Birmingham but got to Coventry and then tried different settings to see if the frame rate was any better. It was not. Plus other errors of the game was being brought up on the chat. This DLC does not need a junior doctor but major surgery. I am pleased that i watched the stream as i would not liked to have brought it and then found it in that condition as it would of been a refund application. I hope the development team was watching and hope they address the issues but until then the credit card stays firmly in my wallet. And as for Dovetail Support i have sent them three tickets on various DLC and posted on the forum and no reply to any of them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That stream last night was horrendous. The FPS was so low the majority of the time it was like it was being played on a 10-year old PC - not Sam’s top of the line equipment.

The fact Sam couldn’t say anything else other than its total crap (without actually saying it) spoke volumes. I’m not a TS player (I think development on it should be ended) but it’s apparent DTG has released a significantly sub par product going off that stream and listening to peoples feedback.

My expectations of the new routes in TSW 2
    have been seriously slashed. If DTG dare do the same with those routes as they have with this then there are going to be a lot of angry customers. Myself included.

If they know they are pushing the TS engine to its limit, perhaps they should just put a pillow over its face.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The thing is, the TS engine can handle routes of that length far better than what is experienced with this route. Western Mainlines runs better, and that covers Paddington to Penzance...

The 390 has terrible performance for reasons unknown. The scripting must be inefficient to say the least. And I'm sure that's not helping the situation.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pookeyhead

Refund accepted. Got my £40 back.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pookeyhead

It's not though, that's what is so annoying. It's deliberate lack of care. DTG seem to value the shiny Unreal powered TSW. I get it.. it looks nice. But come on.. it's not a simulator. If I want to put together a consist of a regional railways 37 hauling Mk2a RW liveried stock, and make a scenario set in the early 90s from whatever station I like to whatever station I like... I can't do that in TSW. There's pretty much no 3rd party support, and you end up getting bored with each new release within hours, and not playing it. I've not loaded up TSW for months now.

This is not an anti TSW rant... but even you must see that from a simulation point of view, TSW is light years behind TS in terms of content, and is really not a replacement for it. IF DTG think it is, and if they think TS players will move over to that platform and be satisfied, they're delusional.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Everyone makes mistakes. I think they just made the mistake to publish this one a bit early, really it needed more work doing, but don't forget that 3-6 months ago, when the development was likely being done, everyone would have been working from home, at the peak of the pandemic , so it was probably difficult to get everything coordinated.
    Given another 2- 3 months they could have strengthened the weaknesses and got it right in those problematic areas.

10. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

No beating around the bush here which can only be a good thing. I watched Alan Thomson on Twitch last night and it was a total disgrace. I haven't purchased the route yet as I wanted to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions and it would appear this is a complete shambles and an utter let down. What DTG fail to understand from us (the community) we just wanted this route and all other DLC to be successful and blow us all out of the park. If Just Trains can do it with a limited amount of people. You can do it. This route was clearly rushed and was put out to meet the TS 2021 release deadline. It would have been much better to admit this route wasn't ready for release and you are working on it until it is ready and is at a stage where it WILL blow us all out of the park. Personally with the amount of negative reviews on steam already this has to be rectified ASAP. I would like to see a dedicated Q&A stream on YouTube & Twitch going over all these issues and what you are doing to fix them. The more info we know the better, commination is key!

• Like Like x 3
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The counter to this is that they could've postponed it six months and not told anyone it was coming. Nobody would've known

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pookeyhead

Then a full and frank apology needs to be given. Why release something if they know it is not ready for release? I'll never, ever understand this logic. If what you say is correct, then they should have waited 2 or 3 months and THEN released it. Why release it in the state it is on now? What for? What's the advantage in doing that? All they've achieved is making lots of customers angry, and trashed their reputation, and everyone is getting a refund. If they needed to get some revenue in fast for some reason, it has failed massively, as the refunds they'll need to give have now wiped out any profit they hopes to gain.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

It's all a conspiracy, they've given you a crap route, so you'll all abandon TS2021 and turn to TSW2 which is what DTG want you to do...............:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pookeyhead

I'd rather repeatedly slam my genitals in the kitchen drawer.

• Like Like x 5
  15. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

The worst of all is that they will give you the mythical phrase of "If you don't like it, don't buy the product ..." For my DTG it has practically fallen to the lowest point, go to Xbox and PS which is why you worry about TSW2.

16. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad that I don't have TS.
    Now dear TSW critics, that is truly a bad route. Shocking quality issues (I'm nice). If I was Sam last night... Or Matt...

17. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

It was painful to see the stream actually.
    Thou, it feels as Alan Thompson put it by looking at the coaches F and U. It truly feels like it, that this is the message to those who bought the route.
    Shocking, apalling

• Like Like x 2
  18. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Would be nice to get some feedback from a DTG official on their opinion of their product

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pookeyhead

It would.

20. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

It's not all bad news.

The forum logo finally got updated from TS2019 to TS2021.

• Like Like x 3
  21. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

l believe they're working on a simulation of that: Testicle Slamming World. Of course as released it won't give sufficient virtual pain, so they will resell it as TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Pookeyhead

Do you get a testicle livery configurator that doesn't let you import images, have more than one font, or even type into it? I hope so... I'm in there!

23. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Makes me think of Rimmer doing his thing with the hammer after taking the sexual attraction virus.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

You'll probably manage more per second than this DLC as well

25. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

I don't think you'll need a livery configurator, surely, they'll change colour of their own accord.....:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  26. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The model shown in the promotional photo is clearly different. That alone deserves an explanation, no shield and transparent windows...what is up with that?! The stream was embarrassing to watch last night, although fair play to Sam for pushing through and not sugar coating it. I hope there will be some sort of statement issued about this route and train as it is particularly bad and I am sure this has done some damage that only immediate remedial work or the promise therof will be able to address.

27. sjjones98

sjjones98 New Member

I managed to get a decent framerate using quick drive will 'use player train only' (no AI) ticked (30-40fps) along the whole route. While there are clearly problems with missing OHLE wires and station models (New Street and Euston), it is the stock which causing the FPS issues. Same thing happens now with Trent Valley if the game chooses the newer Pendelino for AI.
    DTG will hopefully fix the worst issues and in my opinion should complete the Northampton loop and offer it for free as a gesture of good will for all the disappointment caused with this release.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Well good news for some of the new TSW2 routes is that they're being developed by Rivet and Just Trains so Dovetail hopefully can't ruin them lol.

29. Pookeyhead

I'm not so sure. People are saying it is the pendolino causing frame rate issues, but I ran it up WCML Over Shap from Preston to Tebay, and frame rates were acceptable all the way. Not stellar, but way higher than the 14fps I got on WCML South. I also did the "player train only" trick and it was still awful.

• Like Like x 1
  30. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The pendo is part of the problem
    The 350 is another part (same as the 450 on PDL)
    The route has it's own issues
    Combined it all adds up