Another New Player Question (about Camera Control)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bones.n.hombre, Sep 19, 2020.

1. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Hi all, really enjoying this sim

I’m playing on Xbox, and I prefer the immersion controls. When playing journey mode on south east trains (Brighton, Eastbourne routes) some (all?) of the journey routes force me to use classic control system

Is there a way to get my ‘camera’ to move on the external view, when using classic/locomotive control system ?
    Even the one named ‘free camera‘ is just stuck in one place.

thanks in advance

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Should be a chase camera in the camera popup when you hold click right stick. Once you've selected the camera type press Y for camera control movement. Press Y again for train controls.

Only tutorials and scenarios on preserved routes will force the classic control scheme on you.

3. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

I prefer the immersion controls as well. Here's what you do. In the main menu before starting any scenaro go to settings and change your controls to classic controls. Then start the scenario. You'll notice that you don't get a pop-up saying that classic controls are required because you're already using them. Next as soon as the game loads pause, go to settings and you can now switch to immersion controls. As long as the game doesn't force you to classic controls at the start of the scenario you can switch back and forth at will.

4. bones.n.hombre

Thanks guys (such a friendly forum, and this is from someone who played EQ)

I will try the ‘Y’ button next time I play. I found the control selection type greyed out, and could not switch to immersion control while playing ‘loose connection’ scenario

5. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

Yes. If you try and start a scenaro with a different control scheme selected than the game wants you to use (I.e if you try and start a bakerloo line scenario with classic controls, or an east coastway scenario with immersion controls) then you'll get a pop-up messaging saying that the other control scheme is required and it will automatically switch your control scheme to the opposite, and it will not let you switch at any point from the pause menu.

So in order to circumvent that, start the scenaro in the control scheme that the game wants you to use. If it's a new route make sure the control scheme is set to immersion before beginning, if it's a preserved route make sure the control scheme is set to classic before beginning. Change it from the main menu BEFORE beginning. Very important. If you start the scenario with the correct control scheme selected then you can pause and switch. If you start with the wrong control scheme selected you will be unable to switch from the pause menu.

6. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

Here i'll demonstrate in this video:

Notice I change to classic before starting the scenario. And then i'm able to change back once i'm loaded into the scenerio.

7. bones.n.hombre

Thank you so much, that really does solve my problem, very much appreciated.