PlayStation How To Load A Save

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mikkel, Sep 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

TSW2020 on PS4

Halfway through a tutorial scenario I saved my progress. Afterwards I overshot a red light and the scenario aborted. Where is the menu option to load my save?

2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Go to main menu then press Last played or something like that.

Im forgetting stuff in TSW1

3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes I think that is what it is, last played. I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope though because often doing a save will mess the game up. And even more often than that a reloaded save will not help at all for one of various reasons. I do not bother with saves now apart from if something seems broken and won't let me complete it. I find that doing a save then will often sort whatever it is so that I can then complete it. Sounds daft I know but I would not recommend doing a save thinking I will save this and finish it later because nine times out of ten it will not work. And if you do one just incase things go wrong, nine times out of ten things will go wrong and you won't be able to complete it. I am PS4 also

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikkel

Mikkel New Member

"Last played" seems to work, but only if you abort the scenario. If the scenario is ended for you by the game, it simply restarts. I'll take Lenwigg's advice and not use it at all, unless something appears broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I never use it

6. Caldor

Caldor New Member

I'd watch out when using mid route saves. There are 2 that I'm aware of that have issues when reloaded that you won't be able to finish them. Both are in Sand Patch Grade, and perhaps it's because they are "story" missions is why they mess up.

One is Cumberland Charge and the other is Fully Fuelled. In Cumberland Charge if you reload a save game when you reach the last red light your AI conductor calls dispatch to enter the yard and permission is granted but the light never changes from red. Fully Fuelled works the same way. Reach the end and drive the tail engines toward the siding and you'll hit a red light that should be yellow but it never changes. Running either results in failure. Found both of these the hard way.

Now I'm not sure if every route have this issue, or just the scenario ones that have AI interactions within it.