Adjusting Driver's (cam) Height?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DROGE, Sep 20, 2020.

1. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

Hi,

In case I've missed it, is it possible to adjust the camera position up and down, when in the cab (eg. driver's view) ?

There are a couple of trains where I feel I am sitting a little too low in the cab - the main one being the BR 425.

Thanks.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Some cabs have adjustable seat height modelled but other than that you are stuck where you were put.

3. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

Thanks Stujoy, would you know which ones have it modelled?

I know the BR 425 in TS has this modelled, and I think has the developer behind it (Maik Goltz).

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The 37 has an adjustable seat and I think one or both of the 45 and 47 have it too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

BR Blue locos Class 31, 37, 40, 45, 47 I think all have it and I’m fairly certain the DB BR 204, 143 and 155 locos do too. Mainly older locomotives. I think most of them are set at their highest by default as well but can’t be sure without checking them all. Just check around the seat for any controls, which mainly has to be done when not sat in the seat. I’ve not checked any of the new stuff in TSW2 myself yet or the BR425, as I’ve only recently bought HRR.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Does the Class 20 have this feature? I do know that the driver's seat can be rotated -- which leads to some odd results when the right or left arrow key is pressed.

7. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

When I first used the BR 155 on tsw2 I noticed that you can adjust the height of the drivers seat. Not sure if this is new but if not I never noticed that you could on TSW2020 with it.

8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

They could do what modders did in the old IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 flight sim. Originally that game also had just one camera position in the cockpit, but they made a mod that allowed you to press a button and then instead of rotating the camera, moving the mouse actually moved the camera position up, down and sideways. It was pretty good to look over the nose of the aircraft if you had to and such.

I think a similar control could work quite well for TSW as well, to move your head around a bit to see better when needed.

9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

bumping this as frankly more camera controls around seat height and field of view would be nice addition to the sim.

• Like Like x 2