Passenger Loading Timer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by heyitspopcorn, Sep 20, 2020.

1. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

As someone who likes to try to keep to schedule and time the doors to interlock just as (or right after) the passenger loading timer finishes, this situation can be frustrating and incredibly annoying--especially when you're trying to make up time when you're running a little late. This is one of those seemingly minor aspects that really break the simulation immersion by going too far into the 'game mechanics' direction. I mean, who are we (or the conductor) waiting for? It's not like there are any passengers on the platforms anyway ;) 20200920160028_1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Perhaps one way to deal with this is to allow door closing when the timer is three quarters through the cycle.
    Just changing the the last quarter to a slightly different colour, so we have the option of a faster departure.
    Would certainly be more realistic.

As it is, I usually close the doors six seconds before departure time so I can “ Grip it n’ rip it” exactly on time.

• Like Like x 8
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I press to close the doors the moment the circle is complete (or 1/2 seconds ahead) and have no time issues because of that, it is usually down to my accelerating and breaking management where I lose time.
    If you arrive early you can close the doors ahead of departure, when it tells you to wait until a certain time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

That's fair, and I usually do depart early if I finish loading before the scheduled departure time. Other times, it's impossible to get back up to schedule: like if you set up the cab, set both destination boards, and do a brake test before leaving the depot on Bakerloo line.

5. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Your timetabled to stop for a minute but the timer alone is a minute, so add in doors open/close on a service that makes 6 or 7 stops and it mounts up. I cheat as the game doesn't penalise you for leaving early so I build in some recovery time where I can so im never late

6. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Interesting problem. Since most scheduled services I'm familiar with in the real world forbid leaving early, I've assumed TSW-2 is the same and have always opened the doors when told to do so by the System and then waited until told to close them. Regardless of the time. If you are late, you can usually make up the time driving anyway.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

yes I have not departed early once, the only thing that I did was closing the doors earlier when I am told to wait until "x" so that I can accelerate immediately when time is up. Some routes have harsh timing though and you really need to be on top of your braking game to not run late...

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Bravo :) Scoring is about the end of loading passengers, which is not a good idea. This should be only a requirement. The key is being on schedule when departing as You said.
    Great idea! These two changes would be perfect for me. Now I'm a little distracted by this artificiality :)

9. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

For me timekeeping is a real problem with PZB, there are sections where you are doing 160 kmph, on approach to an 80kmph section I would slow down quite late, but PZB forces you to brake early and slowly approach the section, ive tried faster approaches and PZB puts the brakes on. Langerwehe is a prime example of this.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  10. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Driving by the rules have no alternatives. So running late is not unusual in reality.