Euro Fishing New Update / Glitched Achievements (4th Jan)

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Cruel Vodka, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Cruel Vodka

Cruel Vodka New Member

Another new lake, with a 4th to come!
    Lets hope these ones are not glitched with problems too.

DTG_Stephen.
    Can you confirm if the following issues have been fixed in the latest patch / update? (Xbox)

Achievement Trophy Lover off of the Manor Farm DLC
    This has been unobtainable due to "Big Ghostie" being uncatchable
    There is still no evidence anywhere that "Big Ghostie" has been caught on any platform.

Achievement Podium Finish in the Le Lac d'Or DLC
    After succesfully achieving a bronze finish, Silver finish & Gold finish, the achievement still fails to unlock.
    There is also no evidence anywhere (Xbox) that this achievement is actually obtainable due to a current glitch.
    "This has now been confirmed as being obtainable since new update 4th Jan"

Achievement Ghost Hunter in the Le Lac d'Or DLC
    Of the 3 Boss Ghost Carp available in this lake, It has become apparent that only Capatain will unlock the achievement.I know this because I have caught the other two numourous times.
    Other people have confirmed that the achievement only unlocked once they caught Capatain.

As a keen fisherman, and an Xbox achievement hunter it dissapoints me that I have invested my own money in two DLC's only to learn that my chance of getting 100% completeion in this game & it's DLC's will not happen.

Even after months from release, these problems are still there.
    Instead of keeping the keen forum members updated with a resolution to these problems, you then annouce a release date for your new DLC!

Great news as I love playing this game,
    But extreamly bad news if we are going to have issues with this DLC too.....

Would you buy it based on the experiences of the last ones ?

An update with regards to resloving the above issues would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spankus Munky

Spankus Munky Member

This one is fixed. Just finish 1 of the 2 tournaments and the achievement will pop if you have at least bronze in them from before the patch

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cruel Vodka

Cruel Vodka New Member

Excellent, will do that when I'm from work then :)

4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The Podium Finish does indeed work now. We need to do further work on the Ghost Hunter achievement for Le Lac d'Or to get that to recognise all of the Ghost boss fish.

Big Ghostie is being as elusive as ever. It looks like it is set up correctly and is in the lake but we can't work out why it doesn't want to be caught. We will be looking at it further.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Candles

Candles Member

You forgot to list the Complete the Set achievement from Foundry. As far as I know the three fish are still uncatchable unless it was fixed in today’s patch. I didn’t see it in the patch notes, so unless this falls under the minor fixes, it’s still not patched.

DTG_Stephen Could you confirm if this was or wasn’t fixed by chance? Thanks!

Also, thanks for fixing the tournament achievement. I’m glad we got one fixed before the next DLC.

As far as the new achievements go, I noticed one for catching all boss from Waldsee. I’m hoping all fish are catchable and the achievement unlocks how it’s supposed to. It would really suck if we just got one fixed and a week later we’re back to three unobtainables.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I really hope they fix the current problems like The Big Ghostie before they release anymore DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ignoringfosters

ignoringfosters Active Member

I said that before last dlc but hey were still waiting

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

There was a fix put in place that should help with being able to catch the Foundry Dock boss fish that people have been unable to catch.

9. Candles

Candles Member

Could you please tell us what was fixed regarding these fish? I ask because based on what I just expierenced, nothing has changed. I just reeled in a fish that took 3 hours and 46 minutes to land. That’s 100% unacceptable. What fish is it? Of course it’s Foxy Linear, weighing 61 pounds and some change. And to really kick my teeth in after that, I catch Foxy again a few minutes later and it only took 10 minutes. In the time that I’ve revisited Foundry, I’ve managed to catch all the big fish here (Warrior, Big Scales, Bright Eyes, Foxy, and Long Tails) with no sign of the broken three. The chance of seeing zero of the broken fish while getting each of the five biggest non-broken fish is slim odds. The weights clearly weren’t fixed. And my theory from before stands 100% correct still. Foxy is the biggest fish you can catch in this lake, and will remain that way until the weights of these fish are fixed.

Before all this went downhill, the longest fight I had was 2 hours and 30 minutes. Which was Wrighty. Since then, not a single DLC fish has taken me more than 20 minutes to pull in, yet I go back to Foundry after it was said to be fixed, and find my self taking nearly 4 hours to pull in a fish that is incorrectly sized and (likely) causing the problem we have all been asking to be fixed.

Since a good number of you’re customers are achievement hunters and the majority of us on the forums seem to be, it’s time to do them right. Since it’s clear that these fish will likely never be catchable, not putting it all on you guys, you’ve apparently tried fixing it, but it’s time to fix this for us.

Change the achievement(s).

It’s that simple. Microsoft allows you to adjust achievements, even after they’ve been submitted. Many games, Killer Instinct and Project Spark to name a few have done this. Either take the broken fish out of the equation and adjust the achievement(s) to, “Catch 17 boss fish on Foundry” and “Catch 22 boss fish on Manor” for Big Ghostie, or add an “or” to the achievement. In this scenario it would be something like “Catch all boss fish on Foundry OR Catch 500 fish on Foundry” or maybe something like “Catch all boss fish on Manor OR play for 20 hours on Manor”. Just to name a few examples. Of course this won’t make the fish catchable, but it at least resolves the problem for the achievements being unobtainable.

I know it’s pretty clear that you guys are trying, but it just isn’t working, and this would at least be a positive solution to make these two achievements possible. In a perfect world, this would be an easy fix and we’d all be able to catch our missing boss fish, but with all the difficulties that must be involved in finding the cause of the problem and nailing a solution that guarantees to fix it, we understand that in the end it may not happen, but would still love to catch our missing fish. Fortunately, changing the achievements for us is an alternate solution in the event that these fish can’t ever be fixed, and at least gives us some hope to unlock every achievement in the game, it’s a win-win for all parties involved. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SPACE ODDITY

In all fairness, the Waldsee lake shouldn't have been released until all other issues in this game had been resolved. On Waldsee I have already experienced bugs like line glitches, the lake not loading with static wind.... I wouldn't be surprised If we find out some Boss fish that are broke. I know line glitching isn't a game breaker, but I can not believe for a moment that it wasn't noticed during designing. I am not saying this is true, but I just get the impression you don't care, apart from my cash. I have owned the lake for less then 2 hours and I am already regretting my purchase.

I love Euro Fishing a lot and have invested 22 days 14 hours on the game.... but with being an achievement hunter, I getting to the point of giving up on the game and looking else where to invest my cash and time.

Manor farm was released 4 months ago, yes 4 months ago! and still the Big Ghostie hasn't been fixed. During the last 4 months there has been 2 new DLC that has been released, this is unacceptable! I know it takes time to fix issues, but I am sure 4 months is more then enough time. If the Big Ghostie cant be fixed, then simply remove the fish from the lake and adjust the achievement requirements to not include the Big Ghostie.

Le Lac d'Or still has the Ghost Hunter Achievement broke. There is 3 Ghost bosses in the lake, but only one of them 'Capitaine' will unlock this achievement. I have caught the other two Ghost Boss 'Shizsaad' & 'Fantomas' multiple times, but I just cant seem to hook 'Capitaine'. This gets me mad as I have invested countless hours chasing a fish for an achievement I have already met the requirements for.

People are still having problems with Foundry Dock. Me personally haven't played the lake in a long time, so I cant comment on those issues.

I am sorry if I am ranting, but I am not going to sit here and watch new lakes being released one after the other and no progress made to fixing Boss fish/Achievements. I really do enjoy this game, and the hunt for boss fish for achievements... but with the broken achievements, any other game I would of bailed out by now. Seriously, sort it out!

• Like Like x 3
  11. SPACE ODDITY

On Waldsee, I have caught these boss fish so far...... Felix, Kolsch, Red and Black Mirror. So why haven't I unlocked the Fist Boss Achievement and Crafty Carper Achievement?

12. SPACE ODDITY

Never mind, they are stuck at 'Done Unlocking'... typical!

13. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

All of that is very true and very valid points. We are having the exact same issues on Waldsee that we have with all other lakes.
    And all bugs that has been present for months are still there. For example , apart from all the boss fish issues , other issues like at Foundry Docks both pegs across the hotel is still bugged so bad that you have stand right next to the rod and look sideways at them before you get the cast option. Looking straight out at the water you can't get the cast option. Also both pegs have heavy glitching when the fish gets close and the fish jumps around until it finally get's netted. It has been this since it's launch back in July. The glitching on these 2 pegs extend even to the new camera as well. It's the only 2 pegs where the rods still sticks through your fish on the catch cam.
    From what I can see is all development time and effort has been going solely into making the DLC lakes , and nothing for bug fixing.
    I was very surprised when they announced Waldsee last week. At the same time I was also very worried as I knew another lake so quickly meant no bug fixing was done and the development time was used for that. Personally I was hoping for bug fixing until March and then the next lake. So I do also feel all the frustration that you feel. I too have spend many hours on the game in both Xbox and PC. I love the game so much that I want to support it and bought it for 2 platforms. All the new lakes is definitely nice and great to have make no mistake , we had way more than a year without any additional content before DLC finally happened. But I do feel that bug fixing must also get a high priority. The bugs is definitely starting to get to us , even the veterans like myself and the gentleman I quoted and many others like us is starting to want to give up. Me myself , I don't want to , I want to play this game , I love this game , I want to support it , I want to see it become something great that it definitely have the potential to become. But at some point patience do gets used up and frustration do start to get the upper hand.

Apart from the bugs , there is still a MAJOR balance problem since the July '17 fish AI update. The fish was made much stronger , plus a lot more big cats has been added to the game via Le Lac and Waldsee. But the game still have not received much stronger gear to deal with those much harder fights. The game needs stronger line for example. It needs it badly and urgently and should have gotten it back in July along with the AI update already. The big cats since then is more annoying than anything else just wasting your play time as the game don't provide you with strong enough equipment to deal with them properly and the result is ridiculous long real time to land them. When I hook one I put my rod down so that it can escape and then I continue to fish again. Annoying , very annoying. And it's the main reason I don't fish places like Le Lac and Bravo much as the big cats there just wastes my time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SPACE ODDITY

I haven't played Foundry Dock since its release week, but I do remember the camera glitch on a couple of Pegs. In my opinion Foundry Dock's was the easiest lake to get all boss fish, it took myself 5 days to get them all. Looking at TrueAchievements, no one has got the catch all boss fish achievement since 21st October 2017.

I swear every update/patch that's gets released breaks something. Just look at the patch that was released a few days ago, in the notes it says 'Water has been improved to now look more realistic when setting the wind to 'Static'..... well now the game wont load a static lake.

15. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Why would it take that long to reel in a fish? I've played this game from day one and never had a fight with a fish even close to a half-hour let alone over an hour.

16. SPACE ODDITY

Certain fish do take a lot of time to reel in, maybe you haven't hooked them yet? I cant see anyone landing MC's & Megladon in under 30 minutes. You also have to remember that not everyone uses the same equipment, I have caught Kolsch using 15lb line, size 8 hook on TNT, it took me 30-40 minutes getting him in. I have caught Kolsch again with 25lb line and landing him in 15 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Maybe it is the line and gear...Megladon was more of getting a hit problem for me than reeling him in. I've just not spent that much time reeling in any catch.

And knowing the way things go....it might have been easy because of a glitch?

18. BrianB

BrianB New Member

I always keep my tension in fights between 40 n 30, and drop it down quick if there's a warning. But haven't spent much time reeling as I do waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SPACE ODDITY

I do the same thing, and I find most non boss fish take me 2-5 minutes max to land. Boss fish normally take me 3-15 minutes on average, but I think I have only had 6 fish in the game where its taken me 25-50 minutes to land.

I cant comment on Foundry Docks, as I haven't played it since the week it was released. I do remember MC's taking along time to get in, I think 45 minutes there about.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Because of the July '17 AI update. Before then it was fun. Megladon took like 15 minutes at the most and never ran further than 150 yards. That update did a few things. Increased fish fight timers ( takes much longer for fish to pass out ) , removed the fish passing out if not close to you ( previously it passed out when timer expired if it was close to you or not ) , decreased line strength ( line tension didn't go into the red so easily ).

Although all of these made fish fights way more realistic than it was before July '17 , they made 2 major mistakes. 1. They went overkill on the big cats fight timers , 2. They should have added much stronger line into the game to compensate for the line weakness we have now and tension that go into red so easily.
    The game now simply don't have the gear to cope with the big cats on the new AI system. That is the fundamental problem. Much stronger line up to 50lb braid for example need to be added to at least be able to cope with the big cats.
    Problem with that on the other hand , with all fish bite on same bait in this game , adding 50lb line will make all the carp you catch too easy again.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BrianB

BrianB New Member

Some really great info here guys! I appreciate the responses. After I wrote my comment I was worried someone would take it the wrong way, as if I was being a jerk!

22. smaugey

smaugey Member

I concur with @SPACE ODDITY that new DLC should have been delayed until previous problems had been resolved, it's technically broken content at the end of the day. I also agree with @Candles that altering the achievement itself would be wiser instead of being so stringent as to catch every boss fish (which is of course not possible in this build).

You could instead opt to do what you have done in your latest DLC and change it to catch X amount of boss fish, providing lee way and allowing people to acquire all the achievements, satisfying the current issue until you can actually fix. I do not like seeing an incomplete game on my list than I have invested over 200 hours in, a decent portion of which was wasted catching non-catch-able fish. Please consider changing the achievements DTG_Stephen.

23. SPACE ODDITY

Jesus Christ, I am currently fighting a fish on Le Lac d'Or. After 2 hours 15 minutes I still haven't got him in, I am starting to think its a glitch or something.

24. SPACE ODDITY

Its been 3 hours, must be a glitch.... going to have to let him snap off soon.

25. BrianB

BrianB New Member

That's insane! No wonder you hate that lake!!!

26. SPACE ODDITY

My stat for Boss fish lost didn't even go up, so it wasn't even a dam boss fish!! That's 3 hours I will never get back, the game has become a joke!

27. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Podium finish at Le Lac D'Or is STILL broken. I just did a SP tournament twice , won both , no achievement.

NOT fixed at all.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  28. SPACE ODDITY

When they said they fixed it, I got achievement for only doing one Tournament to my delight. Maybe it is broken again! I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon, they are to busy adding new species and DLC to get bogged down with the ever adding pile of broken issues. I wouldn't be surprised if Dovetail moved onto something else after the final DLC is released. I have lost all faith in them ever fixing the broken boss fish/Achievements., I doubt I will ever buy a game again that has the Dovetail name. Hopefully I am proven wrong!

29. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

In fact , that tournament is so broken , when it ends it shows the leader board and your place. But when you click continue nothing happens further. The character just stands and stares at the lake and the podium video is not displayed like other lakes. You have to manually exit just to get back to the main menu.

30. SPACE ODDITY

Yeah I had that problem a few times.