Rivet Games (isle Of Wight) Released Ticket Please.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Sep 25, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Rivet Games(New Route)Isle of Wight Has Arrived"...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Isle of WIGHT not WRIGHT

It’s going to be the next arrival. The next DLC. When they announce the release date we will know when it will come. It won’t be long now and there is no point in having a go at Rivet Games because you are too impatient.

• Like Like x 14
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm impatient too, but you wrote nicely :)

I hope these alleged troubles are not too serious. The expectations are quite high.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

I wasn't intending any meaness toward rivet games it just abit of light humor,but in my defence if your going to premote your work at least wait until you ironed out most of the knicks so as not to be overwhelmed by last minute problems near the finish line.

Note:Rivets Games db br 204 was excellent,so heres hopeing this effort will be as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Where are you hearing of problems? Or are you just thinking there must be problems because it’s been so long since the first announcement?

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I also think, during one of the streams there was a conversation about delicate problems on the Rivet side, maybe something like - they need to polish it :)
    PS But I also like to dream about various things ... Unofficial data!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2020
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

People be like: "gimme Isle of wight now why is it taking so long for 8 miles you show pictures already so why no release date or price yet I need it now"

People when the dlc gets released unpolished: "this sucks it is full of bugs and no details graphics are bad sounds are bad everything is wrong nothing is working why did you not take 2 more weeks to release it!"

• Like Like x 9
  8. SHINO BAZ

If you visit rivet games forum you'll find that even they have expressed things about various unexpected problems causing the route to be slightly behind schedule.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s fair enough then, but if they are having ‘unexpected’ problems, then they can’t really be blamed for it being behind schedule. It would be better for us if the marketing didn’t start until the route was ready but unfortunately that’s not how marketing works. The wait continues...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Always better to have a late release than a product that is not ready for release

• Like Like x 4
  11. SHINO BAZ

Well the one big upside to this slight delay is maybe dove tail games might see what not to do and fully test a route instead of the broken,bugged,messes they always like to rush out.

Heres hopeing rivet games knocks it out of the park with there 1st offical route,there may be a delay but if they get it right players will be happy to pay.

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The first impression is key. They probably also observe the sea of complaints on this forum and have a stage fright :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

They do seem to have upped there social media posting about it so it'll definitely be sooner rather than later barring any unexpected issues. I think the October prediction will be pretty accurate.

14. mclitke

I mean as long as they have not set a release date, you cannot really say they are in delay. In the end it comes down to people being impatient, it will be released when it is done, regardless of how often people ask for the date...

• Like Like x 1
  15. SHINO BAZ

There is one small detail which may account for part of the delay...
    Weeks ago well after RG was well into pre premoting the isle of wight route they decided to have a little chairity auction where the highest bidder would get there likeness on a inside panel of a class483 but the auction winner almost lost there chance because they didn't know they won,and just bearly let RG know this in time.

If your going to do something extra like this,then it should have been planned and had it ready to go long before you start premoting your 1st offical route.

16. mclitke

They already mentioned on their forum that the auction and the process of getting the picture in was not holding up production.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I went to Rivet’s forum and they specifically said, in a reply to you, that the competition has not caused any delay, and further to that it was you that said on their forum that they were having problems with it, not Rivet Games. So you’re basically just making stuff up. Rivet never said there was a delay or any problems, they just said it was their first route for TSW so it would take longer to be finished.

So like the rest of us you’re just going to have to be patient.

• Like Like x 6
  18. SHINO BAZ

Well even if the route not ready for prime time,at the very least a 30/60 second trailer would mean more then just one or two random screen shots a week.Maybe rivets game doesn't think enough people are excited about this route yet.If they want full price for this route they need to show us something that wows us and screen shots alone only go so far.I'm very excited for this route it should and can be great but i have yet to feel fully excited by screen shots alone.Do something to make the wait worth it.

19. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It's a modest DLC for a niche video game that launched 6 weeks ago, you need to get some perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINO BAZ

If the works taking longer then expected then that could be taken as a possible delay.My idea of somethings meaning and yours doesn't make me wrong or you right or me right or you wrong.If just how each person interpret something meaning.

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d much rather wait for Rivet to iron out any last minute kinks and deliver a quality product than to rush it and deliver a subpar product. We all know we’ll be miffed if there are obvious problems, so let them get it right first time.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A trailer will likely come when they’re satisfied the product is ready.

In the meantime, the screenshots they are sharing are very welcome.

Until they announce a release date, they could ultimately decide to scrap everything and start again or even just scrap everything. I admit this is unlikely but they’ve not guaranteed us anything at this point.

23. mclitke

Look. The thing is, why does it matter? Why does it matter when it gets released, why does it matter if they take longer, why do they "have" to put up a trailer or anything at all for that matter?
    It is a DLC that is in development and that is all. You are stirring up dust for no reason because nothing positive will come out of it. They won't change their plans because you decide you want a trailer right now to get you excited for the route.

Am I excited for the Island line? Absolutely. But you won't see me going through different forums asking the same questions over and over and making stuff up. It will release when it is finished, a trailer will come when it is done and the price point will be communicated as soon as it is settled. Until then, I will just wait patiently and be happy with each screenshot they show us upfront.
    I hope this doesn't come across as mean because I don't intend to be mean.

• Like Like x 4
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't want to play devil's advocate, but I'm going to go crazy as we get closer to these DLC premieres:
    SHINO BAZ, be brave! :D

25. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

There's just no pleasing people, I've been driving this route for the last eight years in train simulator so why the big hype & why have a dig at rivet games.
    Maybe they should release it tomorrow in it's present state & give you something to moan about when you find things that aren't finished.

• Like Like x 2
  26. SHINO BAZ

Well at the very least,we have something to discuss while where waiting for rivets games next big move.dtg must love this because normally this would be a discussion about whatever route they planned next.and we already know how that would turn out.

27. Amax

Amax Active Member

seeing that the tivet games dlc in the next is coming i think it will be released on thursday and they will make the announcement on monday or tuesday

28. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Yes I'm thinking some sort of announcement next week too,

29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am so fed up with all these comments of "wHeN iS iT gOiNg To Be ReLeAsEd".

We will get it as soon as it's ready, I'm starting to think it's your fault for all the bugs we are getting, of course DTG wants to make you happy releasing things as soon as they physically can with 4000 bugs in them.

Then we ask "wHy DoN't ThEy Do TeStInG" but as soon a company might take a week or two maybe to do this testing or to make sure we get a GOOD PRODUCT then everyone starts to cry.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

To be honest, I’m just of the opinion that as long as it is good, let them take their time. I think that they are trying to get the most out of their first route. So I don’t mind when it is released as long as they just take their time and not rush over things.

• Like Like x 3
  31. SHINO BAZ

After all the shenanigans i had to put up with dove tail games i don't have the stomach to go through it all over again with rivet games,so i'm cutting my losses and deleting train sim world 2020/2,it was fun while it lasted,but if the rest of you want to contine to put up with this kind of nonsence all i can say is goodluck.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A bit of an overreaction, but it’s your choice.

• Like Like x 1
  33. mclitke

All because a third party content creator is not doing what you want them to :D

You really need a reality check...

Anyway farewell, at least maybe we won't see you making sarcastic needless posts each day about the IOW release date?

• Like Like x 2
  34. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Needless to say, the people who broadcast their deleting the game and say goodbye the loudest are usually the surest to come back time and time again to repeat the whole process over again. Can't wait!

• Like Like x 3
  35. mclitke

I bet he will return the latest when IOW actually releases :D

• Like Like x 3
  36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t do it. Imagine going to the shop to buy milk but they don’t have any. You wouldn’t come back home and throw out the entire contents of your fridge because of it. That would be very very silly. You haven’t actually had any shenanigans with Rivet, other than those you created yourself on various forums. No release date has ever been stated for IoW so they have not let anyone down. Maybe just not buying any further DLC might be a way to end your frustration but there is no need to delete the stuff you already have. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy driving the trains. Staying off the forums might help keep your frustration in check.

• Like Like x 2
  37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Alternatively, a Colleague could in the form of protest buy the upcoming add-ons to someone else :D
    I'm not suggesting anything!
    This is a joke, not a provocation.

38. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

As much as Dovetail frustrates me, the amount of enjoyment they’ve given me far outweighs it.

I mean, I get to drive trains :)

• Like Like x 2
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Fortunately, you have clarified what it is about :D

40. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Absolutely! :)

41. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

paulmurphy_88 I have removed your post, that was unnecessarily antagonistic, in the future please remain polite, if you are unable to do so it is better to say nothing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Seriously poor Rivet Games can't win. If they release the game quickly it'll get slated for the bugs and lack of detail to their route. But if they wait a bit longer, iron out all the bugs an polish up its game play it gets slated too. You can't please all the people all the time I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  43. SHINO BAZ

Rivet games most likely wants to do more testing which with the current status of tsw2 i don't blame'um on xbox my game freezes on the main menu currently,i really don't how much more of this broken game i can take for the 2nd time.This is not at all funny anymore,could tsw2 have covid19,i thought it only infected living creatures.i'm gonna try a find another game that works,i hope.

44. SHINO BAZ

Rivet games can take all the time they want or need to finish test or whatever there route,i'm on the xbox one version and the list of broken,bugged,errors,freeze ups,glitches,etc give me a headache just reading them,at this point the isle of wight could be free and i'm not sure it be worth it with this laundry list of defects to deal with.

45. mclitke

Well since you uninstalled the games last week you wouldn't really care anyway, right?

46. SHINO BAZ

Since the game freezes up on the main route menu,it hard to use any route.

47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Since you unistalled the game last week it does no longer affect you right?

• Like Like x 1
  48. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

The game does not freeze up on the main route menu, im on xbox one myself and it works perfectly fine

• Like Like x 2
  49. SHINO BAZ

Ok,so it somehow works for you,but there are a few others here who had this problem,besides me.

50. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Well I've not seen any but i notice your on Rivet Games forum asking a lot of questions