PlayStation Charging Passengers A Transportation Fee

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BlkTedRock, Sep 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BlkTedRock

BlkTedRock New Member

Today in real life we have to pay to board trains to get where we going. Will there be a way in the game that we can charge passengers when boarding trains from ever station as in bus simulator?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Passengers on trains normally pay for fares in advance at the station or online. Issuing tickets on board (if allowed) and checking for fare evaders would be the responsibility of the train guard/conductor.

3. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

can be a good feature if dovetail games r up to it just have to check the roadmap news feed for upcoming updates

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

A conductor option I can see working if multiplayer ever happens.

5. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

I know conductor mode will be good but the thing is dovetail games will not put multiplayer which is not good for a simulator game as train Sim world 2 and since ur playing single player all the time u will get lonely and won't have anyone to play train sim world 2 with online

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Operators don't collect fares. Also some networks, like the Bakerloo and London Underground for example use cards (Oyster Card) for people to pay. They pay at the turnstiles while entering the station.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Multiplayer...
    Tickets...

I have a vision :)

8. BlkTedRock

BlkTedRock New Member

I agree there should be ticket booths to purchase tickets on train platforms

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

This is what could make TSW2 an incredible and quite unique simulator; you could have multiplayer, have different roles, be able to charge people money for not holding valid tickets (be them sat in 1st Class with only 3rd Class or just not having a ticket). It would make it an incredible simulator. Just needs to add the list of things that make it realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

My idea of MP is that you can drive with multiple players on one route - instead of the AI. One is fast, the other slow, another has difficulties. You don't get there early yourself because all drivers are mutually dependent.

I never got to know Mastery - it never worked for me. But that's how I imagine a certain number of drivers can be on a route and can influence each other. There are teams that do better than others. There are points for the team and also your own.

And it's a nice idea to know that you won't encounter an AI train, but to know that it is a real player. And it would be even better if somehow it could be shown during the encounter which player you are currently meeting.

But playing conductors, setting points, coupling, etc., I don't see any playable options in TSW. It's as interesting as putting up posters, etc.

11. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Personally I’d rather they focused on polishing and improving the actual driving experience than adding gimmicks like checking tickets.

It would tie up a lot of DTG’s time and resources which would add very little play value for most people.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in a stream that the passenger dynamics will require a total rebuild at some point in time if they want to increase the numbers and/or improve their behavior, so anything like this would be a long way off and be way down the list of things to do like "making sure passengers don't fly" or "making sure passengers leave the train before it goes to the depot" or "making sure there are actually some passengers".

• Like Like x 2
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Checking tickets multiplayer on-line with PayPal combined! :D Urgent!