Xbox Update On Xbox

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Wooki74, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

When a new patch/ update for xbox arrives it has to re install the game its really annoying. Its it just xbox or is it on all platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The bugs this update fixes are much more annoying than the update itself. New roadmap is available if you want to see the changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Thank you i understand that. Ì mean why does it have to re install the game when it does get a patch. Non of my other games do that.

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's not like it's GTA wich takes an entire night to re-install, with my mediocre connection it took about 3 hours for TSW2 and 3 DLC... i think it's acceptable.

Also probabily it's just them deleting everything and making you download the game from scratch with the fixed code in it... I guess they have no other way to do it

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Xbox One does support delta updating but Dovetail do not use or compile the games in a way that supports it. Forza Horizon 4 supports it but is a bigger filesize (some updates are a few hundred megabytes, some just a few gigabytes). However, I have seen smaller, third party games than TSW2 use delta updating. So it's not restricted to first party games.

TSW2 is like 13 GB on Xbox One X. That can be a lot for some connections but overall that filesize, in comparison to big open world games is quite small. There must be a reason why they don't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

This won't always be the case, there was some big fixes in the base game itself

• Like Like x 1