PlayStation Lirr- Why Can't We Use Belmont Park In The Scenario Planner?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AgentB721, Oct 4, 2020.

1. AgentB721

AgentB721 New Member

Hi,

I have an obsession with making trains do weird routes they would never normally do. I do this a lot on the PC Train Sim Classic. On Train Sim World 2, I booted up the scenario planner for Long Island Rail Road and thought it would be fun to create a scenario from Long Island City to Belmont (Park) however I realised this is not possible. Not only is there no designated path to Belmont, but it isn't even a marker you can start from. And it got me wondering, why is this and will this be changed in future?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because they've only put in specific paths and consists into the scenario planner rather than it being completely free reign
    If enough people ask for it, maybe

3. AgentB721

AgentB721 New Member

I totally get that, but my point is why isn't there a path? They've completely cut off a station

4. steve08

steve08 Active Member

There is a path but not in scenario planner in
    Timetable mode the following trains stop there are
    10:50 from NY Penn
    11:40 to Jamaica
    12:00 from Jamaica
    12:20 to Jamaica
    18:00 from Jamaica
    18:35 to Jamaica
    18:55 from Jamaica
    19:10 to NY Penn

6 coach formation only

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jay8292

Jay8292 New Member

Thank you for this

6. ericb

ericb Active Member

Here what you do use free roam that will solve your problem quickly

7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

LIRR might be the most underutilized route in TSW. All the tracks with all the branc lines, but barely any traffic in timetable and barely any paths in the scenario editor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ericb

ericb Active Member

Free roam can take away that problem easy. Try free roam you’ll never leave home with out it.

9. spikeyorks

spikeyorks Well-Known Member

If you are interested in making "weird" scenarios then having a "play" with the official editor is the way to go.
    The editor will give you access to every piece of track on a route plus any portals. You can literally start a train anywhere and send it anywhere with the service running in a timetable unique to your scenario. (You can also create your own formations too).
    You can then play your scenario in the editor and it will look exactly the same as it would in-game.
    The only thing you can't do at the moment is share the scenario but that facility is coming soon.
    Matt has made a guide to creating scenarios in the editor. (Link below or see Editor forum). Give it a go.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/making-a-scenario-basics.74665/

Regards, David

10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Would not help much, because the signalling on LIRR is so bad that if you were to make proper busy traffic, it would all just get stuck.

Also, I don't have TSW4, but free roam does not allow you to save your setup and replay it any time, does it? Meaning you would need to start from scratch and re-populate the route every time. I don't feel like spending an our before each run to populate the route. If I am paying for the route, I would expect a proper experience straight out of the box.

11. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that being able to drop scenario maker... scenarios into free roam was being considered, though not for timetable mode of course (though the results of that would be hilarious to see)