Fishing Sim World Wels Catfish

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by brobs95, Oct 4, 2020.

1. brobs95

brobs95 New Member

So I'm attempting to catch all of the named trophy fish in the game and right now I'm stuck on the catfish in Waldsee. I've caught Felix already, however I don't remember what I caught him on. I've seen a lot of people recommend Tiger Nuts but the issue I'm having with that is carp are attracted to those too and that's all I'm catching on them. Is there any bait that will only attract the catfish or is it just kind of pick one and hope for the best?

2. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

i've caught all catfish on the dead baits, bottom peg casting out 18 to 20yds out slightly to the left of where I'm fishing. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. brobs95

brobs95 New Member

Have you noticed if any deadbaits work better than others? I don't seem to get anything on deadbaits on that lake for some reason.

4. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

I find the fish heads work better, also I use a spod mix occasionally

• Like Like x 1
  5. brobs95

brobs95 New Member

I'll give it a go. Do you know if the weather makes any difference? I've been trying to fish during different times of the day and the one time I actually hooked into a cat was in the afternoon surprisingly.

6. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Honestly I can't remember, I haven't played the game for months due to DTG not addressing the issues in the game. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Essential cell works best for wels cats for me.

8. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Yeah, Catfish are like the garbage disposal of the fish world. It's kinda funny cause they are considered a predator fish. Dead baits work good as mentioned. I've caught them on tiger nuts & pop up tiger nuts & boillies. Even double corn has landed me trophy cats. As far as limiting what takes the bait? I suggest playing with the hook size, The bigger hooks tend to keep the smaller nuisance fish away. But, Carp are trash eaters too. Deadbaits usually limit the Carp, so that's why a lot of players will say deadbaits. Use half fish & whole. The types of fish really doesn't matter. Boillies? Essential cell & SCB have been 2 of my best for catfish. I usually do 2 different deadbaits & a boillies or tiger nut when targeting cats. Time of day does matter a bit morning & evening cats are more active. In daytime they tend to keep in deep waters. Early morning/evening is good as well.

• Like Like x 1