Rollbahn Münster - Bremen / Bremen - Hamburg [germany]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Oct 5, 2020.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Although it is already in TS, I would love to see the Rollbahn between Münster and Bremen in TSW 2.

Length:
    Münster to Bremen is about 180 km.
    Bremen to Hamburg: 110 km. Advantage: Since DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck is in planning, those routes could be merged together [I know, this won't be done]

Train Stations:
    Münster Hauptbahnhof
    Osnabrück Hbf
    Bremen Hbf
    Hamburg Harburg
    Hamburg Hbf

Rolling stock:
    IC: At least one IC per hour drives between Hamburg and Münster. Since the DB BR 101 is in planning, I guess the IC-stock will come with it.
    BR 146: With the Dostos the BR 146 drives between Münster and Osnabrück.
    FLIRT 2/ BR 429: Between Münster and Osnabrück

Personally I'd love to see some old rolling stock, especially the n-Wagen with the cab-car. Since they don't drive anywhere anymore, it would be awesome to preserve them here. I guess everybody loves the n-Wagen. They could pulled by the BR 112 (which is in planning), the BR 110, BR 111, BR 141, BR 182, BR 143. You can use whatever you want.
    And of coures there are uncountable freight trains on this route.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Bremen to Hamburg is a definite yes from me. Every summer on my way up to Denmark, I stop off for a few days at Hamburg Harburg to film the freight. It is vast! Nearly every few minutes there are freights. Maschen Yard is about 2-3km away, and docks near Moorsburg are vast too. I would love to replicate standing at the bottom of Platform 1&2 watching the Freight come through. There is so much potential as Maschen is the largest freight yard in Europe. Furthermore, there are also some FlixTrains and international trains that run through Hamburg. Would be a 100% yes from me.

3. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Dostos also run from Hamburg with Metronom services. I would personally like to see the addition of a Class 193 for both Freight and passenger. So this could be the prime example.

4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Actually the old flix Trains drove with the Taurus and we already have one. We just need the passenger cars

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Yes would like to see this route added and with vary of IC trains and freight this would make a great route maybe the distance is a big long but if they added Bremen to Hamburg then come back later then I'm in for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You forgot ICE 3 trains DB BR403 that operate Hamburg-Bremen-Osnabrück-Münster-Dortmund-Köln-Frankfurt Airport-Frankfurt Hbf via Köln-Frankfurt HSR. Exception is line 31 DB BR401 ICE 1 which uses Rhine Railway to Traverse the Köln-Frankfurt Airport https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intercity-Express_lines_in_Germany#31 . Route can merge with Bremen Delmenhorst Oldenburg due to both routes sharing Bremen Hauptbahnhof freight Rbf Bremen Grörpelingen

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1