PC Tsw2: Main-spessart Bahn Power Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by EchoKilo, Oct 7, 2020.

1. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

I must be doing something wrong. I started the journey mode on MSB, and have similar issue on both the BR 146.2 and BR 766.2 DBpbzfa introductions. I follow the tutorial instructions to set everything up, release the brakes when instructed and then... nothing. Train starts rolling under its own weight, but I can't get any power applied when moving the power lever (placing throttle back to "off" position before reapplying does not help). I was able to complete the BR 146.2 introduction by simply coasting all the way to the final stop, but I am now stuck at the BR 766.2 DBpbzfa introduction in the journey mode with the same issue. I had no problems when driving the BR 146.2 in the preceding journey mode services.

If anyone has any ideas what I should do, I'd be grateful so that I could pass this and continue on with the journey.

<Edit: Added "TSW2" to the thread title>

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I believe it is a bit bugged, try to turn of and on the MCB button and/or the pantograph until you have a blue power bar on the monitor on the left. If there is a small red bar the train has no access to the power source.

Hope this helps!

3. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the blue bar on the left monitor is there, just as it should be once I raise the pantograph and close the MCB as instructed. As it is the loco introduction, all switches are locked out apart from the ones the tutorial wants you to touch.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

5. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that, but it made no difference. You can only press it when the passengers are loading, as at other times the button is locked out and cannot be operated (as is normal with the tutorials).
    Brakes are released without any issue, as the train will start rolling downhill under its own weight. The problem that remains is, that moving the throttle lever will not provide any power to the train.

Please let me ask in another way: is there anyone out there, who has successfully completed the BR 766.2 DBpbzfa introduction as part of the MSB journey mode in TSW2?

Below are some screenshots I took just a moment ago.
    20201008132603_1.jpg 20201008132626_1.jpg 20201008132646_1.jpg 20201008132721_1.jpg

6. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

It looks like the traction lockout is still in place (the red box) if you take the throttle all the way to off once you have released the brakes (it will also show 0 for min setting but it must be off for the traction lock) the box round your number should go white, then you should be able to apply throttle.

I don’t know if this is accurate behaviour but is what I have had to do for this one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I completed all tutorials for MSB. You must be very careful to follow the instructions and not try anything before being told so .. Make sure youre brakes are fully released and keep the throttle in off position. If you try to put the throttle on while the brakes are not yet released, tracting is blocked. In the tutorial it may be that you cannot return to the off position then.

This is the big disadvantage of locking controls to make it easy for you. This works fine, unless something unexpected happens ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

I completed the tutorials in journey as well, so it should be possible. Like GuitarMan said, the red box indicates that you are locked out of applying power. Either some brake is still on, or the power lever was not off before pushpin it forwards.
    German locos lock the power lever if it is above 0 and brake force is applied. You need to "reset" it by reducing it to 0 or off and then applying power again.
    It really should work...

• Like Like x 2
  9. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Thank you everyone for your help!
    I was able to get the power applied finally. The trick was that it was necessary to pull the throttle lever towards off first by holding the "D" key, before moving it forward. Then the traction lock disengaged and everything worked normally. I'll try it again to double check, but it felt like if I moved the throttle forward first, I wasn't able to get the traction lock off anymore, even if moving throttle back to "off" position. I feel quite silly for having had this problem as I don't recall facing this issue when driving in TSW2020....

• Like Like x 2
  10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that, it looks like the throttle is in off position but it isn't.
    After releasing the brakes you should press D first, then accelerate with A and there you go.

11. mclitke

Don't feel silly, the tutorials are not that intuitive and the control lock is not helping either :D

• Like Like x 2