More German Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TSW 2, Oct 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TSW 2

TSW 2 New Member

I think there should be more trains for the high-speed route Cologne-archen, for example the DB Br 425 as Rb 33 and for the game in general the other ice`s the ice 1,2 and 4 would also be very cool and I would also like the Br 642 these one could use for example on the main spesertban (section of the maintalbahn). it would be cool if there were more german trains. don't you think so too

2. isaiahslateter

isaiahslateter Member

Pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  3. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Yes, there are a lot of things that can be done with koln - aachen. Keep in mind that when the RRO dlc will be release we will get the s-bahn service too. However it need intercity service, more freight fornation and shutting operation (and depot recovery) to be perfect. Also a little extention of the route will be really appreciate. I really like this route and if there is a thing that german routes needs (and koln-aachen too) is another kind of stock for regio service and not just the doublewagen dostos. Also ice 1 as a dlc will be a fantastic idea too

• Like Like x 1
  4. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

HRR and RRO very short. Needed remaster route. Duisburg-Dortmund (64km); Düsseldorf-Hagen (61km).
    + new route Köln-Düsseldorf-Duisburg (67km)

• Like Like x 5
  5. delucadomenico2009

This will be a dream. This is because i continue to say that we need the extention of theese routes. Honestly HRR and RRO can be added to the RSN to create a big ruhr route (with the extra part from hagen -bocum)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

Actually, the real world timetable for Cologne-Aachen contains RE 1 (dosto stock), RE 9 (talent 2) and ICE (ICE3M). That's it. There are also S13/S19 and S12 on a major part of the route (up to Düren/Sinfeld/Horrem).

Cologne Hbf is the only stop on the route with IC services. They terminate there or continue via Bonn, Koblenz, etc. For atmosphere, they could add a ton of rolling stock to Cologne Hbf but that could only appear from a portal, stop in Cologne and disappear in a portal.

Furthermore, between Aachen and Stolberg is a nice RB line which could be covered but as its route is largely unavailable, that could be difficult (would make for a nice small extension though). Aachen Hbf also provides some nice additional services but those don't enter the route to Cologne.

More info on the timetable can be found here: https://kursbuch.bahn.de
    There search for any station and you get a list of all timetables applying to that station.

7. delucadomenico2009

Thanks for the info. However that was just an exemple, but if you say that koln is a terminal too with some IC maybe is possible to use the Koln depot for recovery and formation for the IC too. However all that i said was with an extention of the route. Honestly at the state of the game i continue to think that extention ls for some routes are much better than a completely mew route exemple an extention to Dortmund for HRR dlc and fusion for routes where is possible. This can create more things to do and different kind of services (and locos) that you can add and maybe in future makes some new features, for exemple, like an occasional delay for the IA train that can change your plain during your journey

8. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

This would be great, love German routes so far for TSW/TSW2

9. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I'd like to agree but it's not as easy for Dovetailgames from a fairness/commercial point of view. Extensions of Cologne-Aachen or other routes that come with the base game (everyone has them) would be possible. They can be sold as DLC which require base game (all DLCs have this anyway). It becomes more complex for DLC routes.

Phase A: Route Cologne-Trier as extension of Cologne-Aachen, route Cologne-Koblenz (left side of Rhine) as extension of Cologne-Aachen (easy)
    Phase B: Phase A plus route Trier-Koblenz

Phase B becomes very tricky. Players could own only Trier-Koblenz, so it has to be standalone. But if they own Cologne-Koblenz or Cologne-Trier, it should be one connected route. At this point the DLC pak file for Trier-Koblenz would have to include a scenery layer in the DLC route Cologne-Koblenz and Cologne-Trier, effectively tripling the size of the pak file. A remedy for this would be a split in DLC options. You could buy the standalone version (one pak file). If you already own Cologne-Trier, only the extension option Trier-Koblenz (one pak file) is visible. This extension option contains the scenery layer for Cologne-Trier and requires Cologne-Trier to be installed. The same goes for Cologne-Koblenz. So you have two extension DLCs and one standalone DLC for one route. What if somebody buys all three routes at once? Then somehow the extension options would have to be picked automatically. That would still leave the question open how to combine such a triangle of routes.

The only option I can think of commercially: Re-Release the combination of routes as a new DLC. If it contains one previously released route and a new route, existing owners of the released route should get a rebate. Afterwards only the merged route should be available for sale. That way, DTG wouldn't have to maintain (in my example) 3 routes separate and any number of merge combinations. That would also be a way to add new features to the existing route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

stop asking so much German train and ask for more countries that we already have enough German content. that other countries also exist and German trains are not the only ones ... for me we do not need more Germany at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  11. johnjohn190690

I would personally would love more routes outside of Germany but to completely stop asking for German content is not a great statement. This topic is about German content if you want to see content not about German stuff. Then create a topic about other countries you want to see replicated in TSW2 .

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I think the best thing to do right now for DTG would be to continue with the German routes and locos for now considering DTG have the licenses. Make the most of what you can do whilst the licenses are present, then slowest start to introduce other countries, like they are doing with the LGV in France, and then you are still providing to a large group of people, whilst introducing a newer crowd.
    I personally am happy with TSW2 at the moment. The content list is decent, enough mix of freight and passenger for me to be interested.
    Of corse this is all my personal opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

I believe when all german routes have been released that have been planned DTG may give it a rest for at least 6 - 12 months as i would like DTG to focus more on UK,France,Netherlands,Spain etc. To be honest i am getting fed up with others wanting nearly the whole of germany on TSW when there is other countries that can be explored.

• Like Like x 1
  14. johnjohn190690

I agree with you

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The more German routes the merrier. I never thought I’d be saying that, but they are bloody fun. I’d love to see a lot more German locomotives and multiple units included too. There are far too many to list that I’d like to see and that’s what adds to the interest. A German loco or MU DLC pack would be hugely welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. johnjohn190690

I'm with you on this.

17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Personally, the one I’m really hoping for is Hamburg Hbf to Hannover or Bremen. Mainly because outside Hamburg Harburg is Maschen Yard which is the largest marshalling yard in Europe. Trains go from there to all over Europe and mainly to Hamburg Docks which travels through Hamburg Harburg. There is a freight nearly ever 2 minutes and it is insane! There are so many different locomotives that I have seen going through there over the years and it’s something I missed out on this year due to Covid. So I was hoping that it would be added so I could go and stand at the bottom of Platform 1&2 at Hamburg Harburg and just watch the endless freight running through there.
    That is my dream haha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

[QUOTE = "matjamca, post: 188594, member: 19004"] Cuantas más rutas alemanas, mejor. Nunca pensé que diría eso, pero son muy divertidos. Me encantaría ver muchas más locomotoras alemanas y varias unidades incluidas también. Hay demasiados para enumerar que me gustaría ver y eso es lo que aumenta el interés. Una locomotora alemana o un paquete de contenido descargable MU sería una gran bienvenida. [/ QUOTE]

Maybe what you do not understand is that this is a world train simulator, not only German ... if you like German it is ok but what you cannot expect is that other countries will run out of route just because A couple of people want more German content, since German content is enough to start with. I would not do a German route again in 1 year. I would dedicate myself to other countries that have never been seen, such as Italy or Spain or China and Japan ..... but no more Germany

19. johnjohn190690

Yes Hamburg to Hannover would also be nice and if Hamburg has the bigger freight yard in Europe then I'm all for this being included into TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. johnjohn190690

It's all down to licensing and German content sells very well so as long as German content sells we'll always have German content no need to keep popping up onto these threads with no more Germany start your own thread about non content for Germany.

• Like Like x 3