Hello!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Railmaster97, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Railmaster97

Railmaster97 New Member

Hi, my name is Kelton, but I am Railmaster97 on here and Steam.... I am mostly interested in UK steam, early UK diesel, and 1800's American steam. I model in HO/OO scale with the same kinds of trains I just listed. I am a member of a non-profit model train museum near my hometown where I am over all the UK and Thomas models in HO/OO scale and I am also trying to start a set of antique USA layouts to display locos such as John Bull, DeWitt Clinton, Lafayette, and others. Feel free to send me a message!!!!

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi, Railmaster97, welcome to the forums, what's your favourite class of each type your interested in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railmaster97

Railmaster97 New Member

Right now, I am really interested in the LNER J70 steam tram, the Ruston-Hornsby 48DS(diesel shunter), and the "Mississippi". The "Mississippi" is a UK-built steam engine manufactured in 1836, shipped to the US, and worked mostly in Mississippi, even being used by both the Confederate and Union forces during the US Civil War, until ending up in the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and after an auction, is now privately owned. I want to create a working model of it in HO scale to run at the museum I am a member of, because I live in Mississippi, so it only seems right. I would like to see it on TS, but I doubt it due to its very low fame. I can see the J70 and the 48DS being put on TS, I would definitely buy them!