Rivet Class 483 Walkaround Teaser.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Valdez, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

Did anybody notice this in the Rivet video? 2C87153C-3628-4BAA-A109-C63DA8FBBF75.jpeg

W
    ould be nice if there was something behind this, all the other adverts are quite relevant to TSW. Also, as the steam railway is nearby, but separate, to the Island Line it would be a good tech demo for a route “extension” or merge. Such a merge would really help with the Swiss RhB routes too. Probably just wishful thinking though!

• Like Like x 6
  2. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, I can’t help but wonder if it’s a hint

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I doubt it's a hint, just a typical advertisement poster I would venture.
    Interesting video, the seemingly tranquil IoW seems to be quite the crime hub by the sound of it! ;)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I just think it’s an ad relevant to that route. I’m not reading anything more into that.

5. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Uncertain at first, I actually paused the video, because I thought that sound might have been from outside!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah it is kinda weird of them to include it. I mean I could understand it as simple realistic decoration, but all the other adverts are TSW specific inside the train - so if it's not a TSW hint, then it really sticks out of place.

Well whatever it is, we can hope. An extension/route merge with the steam train later on would be really awesome to see, though I personally don't care much about the steam route, I only drove the LU stock in TS as well.

As for the walkaround, it was kinda nice, though everything feels way too clean and empty. I suppose the stock itself could also use some more weathering (unless they are going for a past time setting, considering the livery), but this depot building seems way too empty and clean to me. Obviously I don't know how the real one looks like, but seems like quite a weird maintanance shed without any tools and such. Also the lighting looks horrible inside. Why is the ceiling so bright?

I mean it really doesn't matter that much, but it worth pointing out, after all it's the only place we see in the video. But the scenery sounds are nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The route seems to be set not long after the trains were introduced, so they're probably clean because of that.

Hopefully because of the time it's set we can get the Standard Stock as DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a real advert for a real railway, included in a place where lots of real potential customers will see it (that’s us by the way).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah that's exactly what I'm hoping as well, that they went for this livery (and hopefully time period alongside with it) to be able to make a separate add-on for the Standard Stock as well.

10. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

The original TS route came with both the Island Line AND the old tourist Steam railway.

11. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Or so we can use the livery editor?! ;)

12. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that when they walked on the depot floor and stairs, that it sounded like grass?

• Like Like x 5
  13. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I feel like it is a teaser for what’s to come. Especially since they have an Ad on that train hinting towards the Arosa Line.

14. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

That would be cool--I know London Transport Museum has a preserved 4-car unit of Standard Stock, but would they be able to run it to get sounds?

15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Would be great if you can get the livery editor so far that it makes tube train look like a steam engine ...

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised that once TSW does support steam locomotives (which considering the demand, should hopefully just be a matter of time), the Isle of Wight steam railway should be a relatively small project for Rivet Games to dabble into creating a steam train themselves.

(Just like Rivet Games used the relatively small Isle of Wight electric railway as a first project for route building, to get the hang of stuff, before committing to a larger project)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We’ve been told by DTG that the current UE4 engine doesn’t support steam locomotives, so I really don’t think steam locomotives will be simulated in the game. Happy to be proven wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

TSW2 FAQ (so before TSW2 release) mentioned that it'd need another engine update to properly support steam engines. This kinda hints to a TSW3 in future. I also remember they once said the Class 09 in the West Somerset Railway uses some features they could also use for steam locomotives.

Considering the demand for steam trains, I can't imagine DTG not doing whatever they can to allow steam locomotives in future. Probably will take its time though. And with the complexity of simulating and operating steam trains, they might want to experiment with less complicated trains first. I think the Class 101 is a good example of this, with it's braking system and gear systems, which needs to be realistic, but also understandable for the less experience players.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, or they could have been wearing shoes made of grass. It doesn’t sound right at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Regarding the grass sound noise, I assume this is the default ‘surface sound’ so it looks like they haven’t specified that area as to what sound to use.

This happens in other DLCs too.

21. Doomotron

From videos I've watched I think they sound a lot like the 483s, so hopefully they'll be able to modify the sounds of the 483 for the 485s.

22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the "real " IoW railway is currently undergoing some major upgrades. I wonder if these might be added in some future "patch "?

23. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

FYI, there was an interesting discussion (at 50m 25s) about route changes, how the MSB tunnel construction was happening while DTG was building that route, and Matt mentioning that “because [routes] snapshot a moment in time, they almost immediately become a historical record of sorts...”

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As they are changing the track layout and copying that in a patch later would break what has been released first time round, then I’d say that’s a no. The route will stay as is, frozen in time.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Doomotron

The route is set almost 30 years ago, I doubt DTG would add 30 years of changes in a patch.

26. ZeenozPlays

Rivet* not DTG

27. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I got to say i actually saw part of the steam railway line and i remember Rivet saying they weren't going to add it in so how come its there?

28. ZeenozPlays

Scenery.

29. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I thought it might be that, i see Matt P got his face on the train