Let's See What Happens Here.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by rwaday, Jan 21, 2018.

1. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Watching

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

*Watches Back*

*Welcomes rwaday*

*Isn't sure what should happen next but it's getting a little awkward...*

• Like Like x 1
  3. Expat

Expat New Member

Good evening. I just joined the forum and was happy to see the info about your computer. I am thinking of buying a new computer so that I can use TS1028, but wasn't even sure if it would run on Windows 10. The information on Steam just shows windows 7 and XP. I am retired from the US and currently living in Thailand. The language barrier, along with the cultural differences and the obviuous age difference, have made it very difficult for me to get information. I am not quite a Luddite, but I am certainly an old enough fart that I only understand about 10% of the banter I find.
    Thanks for your help. I was hoping to find a place where I could ask questions and get up to speed on the whole simulation genre. I am only interested in trains and it would seem that TS and TSW are the right way to go. Would welcome any comments or suggestions.
    Thanks again
    Frank

• Like Like x 1
  4. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

My system runs TS2018 quite well on Windows 10. One must remember that TS2018 is an old 32 bit game and has a few bugs that have been carried along through the years. The game is optimized differently than modern games so more modern machines sometimes have a hard time running it.Some people will have peculiarities such as game crashes, screen freezing but a good system will get you through it. You have lots of choices in routes and rolling stock. You don't need to buy everything but purchasing a mixed pack to start with will give you a rounded view. As to TSW you definitely will need a higher end machine and a 64 bit version of Windows 10. If you are thinking at all about TSW make your computer purchase based on this game. It will make TS2018 play better. Desktops are recommended, however there are a few playing with high end gaming laptops.
    I would suggest that you go to the Steam forums for each of these games and use the search box for more answers. Caveat, Ignore the hyperbole you see there. Once you wade through the muck you may glean more of the information that you seek. As to TS2018 you might visit a site called Railworks America this is a mature site of builders and scenario creators, some of which create content for TS2018 and has a wealth of knowledge and you will get a lot of good information there, worth lurking and joining. Roger

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Rwday - good to see you over here on these forums - Welcome

6. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Good to be here. Looking to see how these forums are moderated and to see how they stay on point.

7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

n my 60

:) In my 60's so not too far behind and i agree with I hope for better moderation than what is seen in the Steam free-for-all

• Like Like x 1
  8. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Age should not be an issue I will be 70 in March.