Munich-augsburg Stream Notes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xavpin234, Oct 15, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. YES Day one

56 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. I might wait a bit

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. no

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. what's that

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xavpin234

xavpin234 Member

Alright here is my honest opinion on what i saw in today's stream and what i'd like to see added while this is still under devellopment

points to work on : this section within my text is pretty small and i'm sure everyone will a bit to add to this one but here is my two desires i'd love to see every S-bahn service possible included as long as it circulates within the tracks we see or have access to ,also the Br 442 (Talent 2 ) would be a nice addition to substitution even if memory is a problem since some of us Pc players do have the beafy setup to accomodate this demand

The good and the bad : I have no negative comments from what i saw the routes looks well done and scenry does not feel bad in any way

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I need more footage to be sure if I really want the route.

There needs to be more services, it’s too quiet. It’s fairly busy there IRL.

3. xavpin234

xavpin234 Member

this is where is was thinking about the extra s bahn since only s4 and s3 are included the 442 would also liveliness

4. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

I think if enough of us raise the issue that we as pc players are ok with the services than they will do it. memory issue isn't a problem for me so i don't want to be short changed on the ability to have all the traffic on the route that belongs there.

• Like Like x 4
  5. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Yes I agree with this 427 services is a good amount but if more are available and are not there then that is a disappointing. I have a beefy PC so would be able to handle the demand and also once TGV Marseille Avignon comes that's another service. Only play timetable mode scenario isn't for me atm.

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I definitely will be adding this to my collection when it's released.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

What I saw looks awesome. Bad news for my wallet.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

For me it all depends on how the implement the layering on console. If they implement a decent system (where the user can select what they want), they I'll most likely get it shortly after release. If they botch it, then my wallet will be happy...

9. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

I hope there is more traffic in real life ahah

• Like Like x 2
  10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I feel a bit "meh" about having yet another modern German passenger route. I think I have enough of those in my collection (and that's even without owning all of the current German routes). I feel like this route wouldn't really add anything new. Might pick it up if it's on a hefty discount though, which will probably take a while.

• Like Like x 3
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It looks a decent route but most German ones do. I don't own every German dlc but understand some people thinking it's repetitive. We seem to get loads of German routes and a few UK/US ones. I guess that's down to licencing with DB given how open they seem to be. German rail fans must love TSXX and TSW2.

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think München would definitely benefit from more (even AI or stationary) trains, that place is SUPER busy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

For me it's pretty much the same, I'll wait because there is S-Bahn centric content in:
    - HRR
    - RRO
    - SKA
    - HMA
    - RT

I'm a bit overfed at the moment and naturally wish for more freight ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  14. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I will be getting it, I enjoyed it in TS1 and it looked very good in the stream. I got the impression that it is going to be a busy route especially if you are able to take advantage of the extra layers, I am on PC and have most of the extra items needs for the extra layers, so a day one purchase for me.

They seemed to be trying to come up with a workable solution for consoles as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I think this is one the issues with TSW. There are very few trains outside of what is in the timetable. There is virtually no static consists, like wagon in the sidings. Or trains that operate only on portion of the track. This is blatantly obvious on tracks that join the mainline for a while (like Main-Spessart Bahn). It also makes busy hubs look dead. Like, you arrive into Manchester in Northern Trans-Pennine and there is only one-two trains present outside of your. No static consist, nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd love to, but I'd like to wait until the BR403 and 423 get used on some other line as well, I have already a lot of services to do in the 146 and the Talent on the Koln-Aachen and this route seems similar enough (maybe a little less boring without any 20km gap between two stops...)

If I could use the 423 to run the S-Bahn in SKA then this would be an insta purchase but actually RRO attracts me more specificially for that SKA S-Bahn, in my opinion they really missed out by deciding RRO to be the feeder for SKA instead of this, maybe at the time of developing SKA they didn't know when this would be released? but a part from that I don't see any other reason

That being said LZB on the S-Bahn seems really cool and also ICE with the screen instead of the dials hell yeah.

Also right now I'm not short of new routes, as I've I've bought IoW and HRR last week, maybe when those will get stale I'll think about Mun-Aug.

But at that point I'll hope SE HS will be on the horizon. My most played route in TS20xx. That will be prioritized for sure

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  17. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Appreciate you sharing your initial thoughts based off the stream, I'm also keen to see your opinions after you've had the opportunity to play yourself. I have also made a note of the suggestions mentioned.

• Like Like x 3
  18. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

HI
    i loved this route in ts, i think on TSW2 everything is good for me but ...
    I need the route now !!! :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

My initial thought was that the devs are getting better with every release.
    Graphics looked great.
    Makes me optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The PC players here will probably have some good feedback for you. No mention on the console threads about this route regards wanting feedback from that very large section of the player base, who may not be so positive either now or after release.

21. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hello there,
    since this is the thread to talk about the stream, my two cents:
    First: the route looks pretty lovely and I can't wait to play it on my own.

Second some sugestions: Interesting Matt decided to run ICE 612 (München-Dortmund) in the stream.
    This is actually an ICE 3 served train. Not like many other ingame ICEs which use different rolling stock in real life (ICE1, ICE2, ICE-T,...).
    But somehow you made it a single unit ICE (8 cars) while it should be a double unit train (16 cars) from real life. (Maybe you can have a look at that)
    If you need some data about ICE consists, I highly recommend this page: http://www.grahnert.de/fernbahn/reihung/reih0043.html
    For future ideas: ICE 612 to Dortmund is pretty interesting, since it is one of the ICE 3 trains, that run on a different TSW route too: Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr. Would really be lovely to see that one day.

RE/RB trains on this route are mostly done with BR 440 EMUs and few BR 111 with Dosto in rush hour (but that was in the past IIRC), you decided to use the BR 425 instead and the BR 146 with Dostos (for known reasons). Maybe later train DLCs could help here.

And a question: You showed a manifest freight train heading into Pasing (and Laim freight yard). But as far as I know, the majority of freight trains (especially manifest freight) does run to München Nord Rbf (leaving the map at Olching), do we have some freight going in that direction too, or did you only made runs to Laim?

In addition, if you still have time, the BR 155 DLC could add some coal action between Augsburg and Olching too (coal to München Johanniskirchen power plant) and emptys back of course

And last but not least: Shouldn't the path out of München Hbf be signalled with HP2? (Green/yellow)

Okay, just a few ideas I had while watching the stream

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I was just told which engine sound the br 423 will use and it is actually the one I was hoping for, so that increases my "most likely" to "yes immediately" :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

We do really need a General Discussion for everything not platform-related

• Like Like x 2