PlayStation Tsw 2 Isle Of Wight

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Sep 10, 2020.

1. BigH

BigH Active Member

2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

4K but the PS4 pro has an upscaled 4K a fake one opposed to the Xbox One

3. BigH

BigH Active Member

Ok, thanks. That doesn´t look too good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Watching a stream last night, and things just look a little meh.

There's a few things that are immediately noticeable:

- The tutorial is missing steps, meaning that new / novice players will struggle.
    - Collecting the ice creams (which you eat) tells you "Ice Cream Added", however you've actually removed Ice Cream
    - AI Drives round with no lights on (internal or external)
    - Tutorial tells you to turn the lights on, but actually wants you to turn the lights off. Doesn't then bother with the tail light.
    - No interior lighting on the tutorial.

Also, the HUD uses letters for the power steps instead of numbers. I wish that this was kept consistent with all the other stock, as it actually looks quite bad trying to squeeze two letters in the box.

Whilst none of these are hugely major, it does somewhat make me feel that not buying it is the right decision, as some of it just seems a bit rushed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Of course it did otherwise people wouldn't buy it haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Woow, that's.... woow. That's not really looking up to scratch. Is it the same on the old, normal PS4? I was always gonna wait for this route to be on sale, but looking at this, the percentage I had in my head before I pull the trigger is going up by a large margin :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LucasLCC

To add a few extra points:

- Service mode doesn't have timetabled stops (i.e you can't be late or early).
    - Due to this, you can't get enough points for anything more than a Bronze medal (as it only awards 250pts, not 500pts).
    - In service mode all formations are A-A, as opposed to being made up from a A and a D car.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Trainmania100

I'm pleased with my purchase so far, nice detail on the stations and units. Rivet have done a good job.

9. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

You’re not being serious, right?!

10. LucasLCC

It's such a minor thing, but at the same time easily identifiable...

• Like Like x 1
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I dunno for the non-PS4 pro but I think it has the same issue

• Like Like x 1
  12. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt Any chance of doing tonight’s or tomorrw’s stream on a normal PS4?

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The route is lovely but the DLC has issues even on a first look. I’ve only done the tutorial (with some odd instructions) and one southbound service selected from the timetable menu, with no stopping times and no medal awarded. The train seems to drive okay but there is little ambient sound in the cab and opening the windows doesn’t increase the level, so it feels eerie inside the cab. I noticed the odd unfinished looking textures of all the cab equipment shown above. I tried to get out of the driver’s door with no success as well.

As for what the route and train give you as an experience, this is exactly the kind of relaxing amble down a little country track in a primitive machine that every train enthusiast should enjoy. It’s not fast and exciting, it doesn’t last for very long, but it is a beautiful experience. A nice feature is that you can walk down the other side of the pier like a real pedestrian would and look over the central divide towards the railway. There’s an odd fuzziness to the sea near the horizon and of course the sun is missing in the sky (That’s Dovetail, not Rivet, and it still isn’t on the roadmap to be fixed??!!??) so there’s an odd look to the seaside but still very beautiful and original. The polaroid cameras are a fun little addition for the jobs/collectibles but I don’t feel like collecting any ice creams because the ice cream stands look better uncollected, as bagging them removes two ice creams, and I’m lactose intolerant anyway so maybe they’ll be easy to avoid.

I’m sure with a few tweaks here and there this is going to be the perfect little route.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I found the train difficult to get to grips with. Often seems when I have stopped it is difficult to get moving again. O think I found how to get going easier again but have not worked out what if anything I am doing wrong when stopping to cause it to become reluctant to move.

15. Lenwigg

I found the train a pain in the backside to drive, often not wanting to move once you have stopped it. If someone very new to the game was to be driving it they would be pulling their hair out wondering what the hell to do.

I think I have worked out what to do to persuade it to move again but made myself to tired sorting that out to work out what, if anything I am doing wrong when stopping in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I didn’t find any problems with that. It works differently to the bakerloo stock as you’ve got a separate brake handle, so you’ve got to remember to release the brake but that’s like a lot of other trains too. I did notice it did a little wheelslip to start with and that might become a problem in the wet but haven’t tried a wet service yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

I can’t remember from the stream, but it sounds like a traction interlock with the brake applied. When it won’t start in this case does it show the power setting in a red box on the hud?

• Like Like x 1
  18. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

I went into it thinking it would be the same as the Bakerloo stock, I followed the tutorial, but when I tried it on my own it wouldn't budge, I eventually got it moving in the end, can't wait for the official live stream tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

You guys can complain about details all you like but I’ve gone and cued up the Thomas the Tank Engine 10 Hour Theme Song Loop and now I’m chortling back and forth from one end of the line to the other like a merry little Sodorhead so perhaps going and having fun in a 483 is more important than cork-sniffing at flaws.

• Like Like x 3
  20. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

My findings on Isle of Wight.
    What most people don’t realize is the 483 is so old it has a layer of peach fuzz. When I stand close I can’t see the peach fuzz!!! Ridiculous!
    Hey! Well put, this route looks fantastic and I can’t wIt to get home and drive on it. The people complaining “It says added ice cream but we are taking one away.” Obviously don’t have nothing better to complain about. Personally looks great to me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Can anyone tell me how to turn on the passenger lights. I looked everywhere and can't find it?

22. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

I believe cabin light switches are on a panel inside the vehicle, not in the cab. Shame the tutorial didn’t cover that, is it in the manual maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  23. Lenwigg

Yes it was red. I think I have found out how to get passed it but won't say incase wrong or incase someone else might prefer not to know. The first time was after a few mins by accident. The second probably fifteen or twenty mins or more trying to get it to move but nothing. Then found what I think is how to get past it. I have only been playing a few months but many hours and have worked out other problems a lot quicker.

It was early this morning so maybe tiredness to blame for it not being obvious.

• Like Like x 2
  24. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It’s the square/hexagon shaped button on the wall. Ignore me I am being sarcastic now after seeing matjamca earlier screenshots

• Like Like x 5
  25. Lenwigg

In the carriage by one of the doors where the guard would stand apparently

• Like Like x 1
  26. Trainmania100

Definately some brake issues, stopped in a platform whilst doors open, the train rolls on EP brake settings and Westinghouse hold

I'm suprised when they delayed its release for making things better there are still so many obvious issues ..

• Like Like x 2
  27. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Thanks found it. Still don't get why these things aren't covered in the tutorial.

• Like Like x 1
  28. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

From what I've been seeing here, it seems like this route needs a patch.

29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A big patch. And quickly.

30. ZeenozPlays

Sad to see that Rivet didn't deliver this route without any big bugs. I have a feeling that the graphical issues (Like the buttons looking weird) only applies to the consoles. I really hoped Rivet could do better than DTG, seems like it's the other way around currently. DTG wouldn't' have had the buttons looking like that.

I don't have the route yet, but I was watching some of the streams last night, and here's what I saw. (PS4)

• Doors can be opened while the train is in motion (This might be a real thing on the 38' Stock)
    • Doors Open/Close too quickly
    • Texture Quality of buttons is low
    • Texture Quality of livery on the outside of train is low
    • Passengers on the train while in the depot
    • Some of the collectible state the wrong things ("Placed Ice Cream" even though you took it away)
    • The tutorial is LONG
    • The track sound is a little off (it can pass though)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Trainmania100

Nothing wrong with the length of the tutorial on MY opinion but needs a few more pointers, at Ryde it asked me to shut down the cab and go to the other end...good thing I knew how to shut down the cab lol

32. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Isle of Wight is absolute bad

• Like Like x 2
  33. Lenwigg

I have just tried again and had no problems. However one thing I did different was not to move the reverser into the second forward position. Have not got time now but will try another later using that again to see if I get problems again. If I do will then try to work out why

34. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Blimey yeah the tutorial was as long as a scenario and the funniest thing is that it doesn’t covered all the important things to know

• Like Like x 2
  35. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about opening them but the doors can certainly be closed while the train's moving. The guards usually stand on the edge with their head stuck out when leaving stations!

• Like Like x 1
  36. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

My thoughts to add the the slightly disappointed list.

The drivers seat and be moved up and down while sitting on it :o
    Trophies, there should be more than 4.
    The tutorial I found painful and should have got a bronze at least. Plus the passenger cab light switch location should have been included.

Just started “smallbrook shuttle” and everything was covered in snow. Changed cameras and it’s all gone, no white in sight. Most confused.

Oh and the cab is almost Creepy with next to no noise.

on the plus side it sort of enjoyable (I think)

PS : could someone kindly explain forward2 to me?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  37. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

That's strange, for me the cab's quite loud with track noise and motor sounds.

I forgot to mention earlier, the sky seems to be much better than on other routes, especially around dusk.

38. Lenwigg

And me please

39. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

more power. Turn into forward 2 on the 40 and 45mph sections, you will accelerate way faster.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

[
    • Passengers on the train while in the depot

This has been a long standing issue, not unique to Rivet's route. I believe DGT are aware of it. But probably low low down in their list of fixes

41. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback here, we're looking into what we can do on a fix! We'll get back to you with more infos soon!

Jasper

• Like Like x 7
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

43. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Update**

First we would like to thank everyone for your feedback on the Isle of Wight route.
    We're collating all the reported issues and are working on fixing as many of them as we can - particularly the most commonly reported issues such as the timetable times and PS4 graphical LODing.

The release for this patch will be confirmed via the official channels and updated on the Roadmap

• Like Like x 4
  44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Can’t wait. I was really quite negative about the route, but once the issues are fixed it’ll be more than a welcome addition to my collection.

45. Trainmania100

What does LODing mean lol

46. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Lack Of Detail I reckon

• Like Like x 1
  47. ZeenozPlays

Try again.

48. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member