PlayStation Well, How Is Isle Of Wight?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Valdez, Oct 15, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's actually really good, I did the introduction and 2 scenarios, all of them flawless. (Except the bronze medals, but who cares?)

Maybe wait for a fix for the 3d model and then buy it.

The way the timetable is created is brilliant, it allows you to go up and down the route for the whole day if you want, it's a great purchase and great value for money.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

We need one person to put together a long list noting all of the issues people have encountered with the IOW DLC And the platforms that these issues have occurred on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't understand it. Yesterday. HMA. Poetry. Later that night I was watching the Megasim stream. 720p. I thought - probably it's the quality fault on YT. In the morning, in the forum, a fight. How can you do that? DTG? That's how women get seduced (if we use such surprises! or not...? yhyhy :D), but you can't make games this way! :D :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Did someone already say to launch the defrag utility? Or is it just your system? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

Glad you’re having a good experience - if you do this back and forth according to the timetable is it then possible to change the destination boards on each end, or does the sim do it automatically?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

So you mean we need someone to do exactly what QA should have done? And pay DTG/Rivet £20 for the pleasure lmao

• Like Like x 2
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Automatically.

8. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

• Like Like x 6
  9. ZeenozPlays

You read my mind...

• Like Like x 2
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The problems explained do appear to be affecting PS4 users the most, however I can't confirm if this is an exclusive problem yet and I am unfortunately unable to give you a timescale for when you should expect a fix.

I appreciate the sentiment of creating a list of problems with IoW however that's unnecessary as I am correlating your feedback and passing on what you are describing. Although I may not respond to each individual thread I am seeing your thoughts.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m missing one ticket. It’s driving me nuts lol. Can you message me privately to let me know where they all are?

12. ZeenozPlays

That's good to know. We all expect to see better results with this route soon with an update. I like how the 38' Stock looks, but with the current state of this DLC, I don't see it being worth the $25.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I disagree - Sorry I'm bad because I assumed the two consoles versions would be the same but apparently they are not. This is from Xbox.

1 - The sounds are at least comparable to Bakerloo, in my opinion they are much better

2 - It's not as straightforward as a new AC driven electric, it's more similar to the BKL stock you just have to learn how it works and how to drive it.

3 - It works whatever command you use, pressing twice TAB is not a big deal anyway

4 - They don't? They look like every other tree in every other route?

5 - Didn't notice that myself, seems like the route itself has this odd go via system that uses to determine the traffic over the single track section, but nothing interfering with your gameplay.

6- What instruction are missing? it just doesn't guide you through every step, the first time it tells you how to do it and then you have to do it yourself, it felt intuitive enough for me at least. The tutorial was top notch.

7 - No idea

8 - This will probabily get fixed soon, and honestly this and the signalling system which uses the same awful method as the BKL (green light as you close the doors) are the only 2 gripes I have with this route

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Are you sure, such a list will not be useful to you, however? Again, you haven't done yours before you started selling. This time you should apologize. This is too much. With all sympathy. These explanations sound unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You are on PC, which seems unaffected.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am not. I am on XBOX

• Like Like x 1
  17. ZeenozPlays

R
    RIVET! Not DTG.

Plus, Megasim was streaming from a PS4, you can only stream/record up to 720p on a Base PS4/PS4 Pro.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Oh. My bad, it was with you saying tab. It still doesn’t seem to affect Xbox. Most people reporting issues are on PS4 - I mean we didn’t even get the full Trophy list on day one.

19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ok, I see, I just have a keyboard plugged in...

Anyway it could be the PS4 is worse I wouldn't know TBH

20. ZeenozPlays

Please take into account that you are having a different experience, because you are on a DIFFERENT platform. Most of the issues reported are from PS4 Players. Even some PC/XBOX players have had issues (not with the textures though).

• Like Like x 3
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I mean more about admission to sale. Rather, they saw it. It turned out badly. But yes, you are right.
    I know about PS4 and resolution. I was ironic.

• Like Like x 1
  22. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I would have paid more than I did for this DLC at the outset, and the fact that it cost less than most was a bonus! But it's difficult to overlook the design of the cab and outside of the loco when the quality is so poor. Just looking at the throttle, brake, and reverser, with their strange shapes is immersion breaking. I'll be asking for a refund and will consider purchasing at a later date when/if fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

SORRY

24. ZeenozPlays

I doubt you'll be getting one if you're a console player.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Issues aside, I can see that the route could look good. I hope it does soon.

• Like Like x 2
  26. ZeenozPlays

It definitely can.

27. ZeenozPlays

The number of bugs reported here is insanely bad, it's definitely gonna steer people away from getting this route. Just after Matt & Sam showcased how good the Munich Route looks.

I hope they get these fixes out quickly, Especially the Texture Quality and Timetable stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  28. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hopefully if these things can be fixed and the trophies added at the same time I would probably pick it up

• Like Like x 3
  29. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

What time is this stream and where can I view it please ?

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We’ve been whining a long time and some things seem to be getting worse instead of better :(

• Like Like x 1
  31. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

These comments almost confirm that dtg and rivet have a "release it now, fix it later mentality." I was thinking of waiting for a sale but imma just say I won't be buying it. DTG and rivet need to understand that people are paying for a product and you can't just release a product in a crap way and it's like they just don't care and clearly this route hasn't been tested on console. DTG needs to focus on quality and stop thinking their customers are virtual wallets that will just buy everything. This whole "Release it now, fix it later" mentality needs to end. I hope the arosa line which I plan on getting since I have it in TS2021 isn't crap. Rivet, test your routes

• Like Like x 2
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I sincerely sympathize with all the disappointed. I know how much I am waiting for more German toys. I know how sorry I'll be if the HMA turns out to be broken. I hope not. They'll probably fix it all. But, for me, it's a shock - to sell things like this.

• Like Like x 2
  33. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

So glad I decided not to buy this route. DTG/Rivet love it when people pay to beta test their routes.

• Like Like x 5
  34. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Are Rivet's products generally bad then at launch? I've heard good things about Rivet which was why many people were so excited for this route

• Like Like x 1
  35. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm talking mainly at DTG's routes, I included Rivet as they made this one :)

36. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Their Train Simulator stuff is normally pretty good quality. However the 204 had a number of rather large issues on release, including a bogie being the wrong way around...

37. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Getting to be a frequent occurrence now, the obligatory apology from a DTG staff member on release day!

• Like Like x 6
  38. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Streams always start at 19:00 UTC (20:00 UK Time / 21:00 European time) You can watch on Youtube or Twitch

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would be nice if the stream tonight starts with an acknowledgment that not everyone is happy and that the quality is a disaster in many ways. And to have Matt and (Jaspers?) comments. I don’t want a witch hunt, just some humility.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. TheTipsyRaccoon

Here is my obligatory Cement Circle comment... I’ll always shoehorn it in.

• Like Like x 2
  41. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

A tendency which has seen people banned in the past

42. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It certainly seems that some quality issues have crept into the PS version which is not good and I hope they are addressed fast.

However before we go crazy saying the release is full of bugs and calling for heads to roll, should we see what the general reception is on PC and X-Box too, if it turns out they don't have the same problems then maybe something has happened to the PS4 version, I have no clue how these things work so I may be wide off the mark? It might be worth letting DTG/Rivit look into the problems and seeing what they have to say. Obviously if PC and X-Box are also affected (I will be taking a look later) then clearly something has gone wrong in testing.

• Like Like x 1
  43. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I don't worry about anything anymore because I know I have nothing to do with it and I can't change anything. That's why I drive trains as best I can and I don't care about bugs and other problems. I relax and enjoy in spite of everything and I suggest it to everyone. Take my word for it, it pays off. ;):cool:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. TheTipsyRaccoon

Seems like a good policy, ban instead of fix...

• Like Like x 3
  45. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

I understand what you’re saying, I just don’t play it anymore, which is frustrating as I used to enjoy bits of it. If you play safety systems off, signals on HUD, Grip It, Rip It and grab some screenshots I’m sure it is a fun game!

• Like Like x 1
  46. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

How does bringing in bugs from unrelated posts help get those bugs fixed? It doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  47. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great work with a few minor issues. Just needs DLC to complete it as follows...

Class 03 with wagons
    Class 05
    Class 485 & 486
    IoW Steam Railway
    Perhaps even a future route revamp with new line profiles and Class 484

Also still looking for final Ticket and Camera collectables.

48. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Honestly couldn't tell you exactly where each one is and I didn't make a note of them. Only thing I can suggest is check the pier one at the end. There are two inside the building. Everything else just hug the walls...most will be on those brown notice boards. It's very easy to miss tickets. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  49. TheTipsyRaccoon

I mentioned it here in response to someone saying “we’ve been whining a lot” regarding fixes. It wasn’t mentioned in the hope that they’d finally see my 50,000th mention of it and go “Ugh fine we’ll fix it”, I was saying I whine about it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  50. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

On ps4 at least, the N64 wouldn't have much issues with displaying those textures

• Like Like x 1