Hst Cab & Lights Graphics Quality (v5.0)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dunkrez, Oct 17, 2019.

1. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

It'll get its own thread once it's about there, and thanks :) Yep, this thread is definitely for the HST's.

2. dunkrez

Cheer yourself up after a dark 24 hours by treating yourself to the HST cab and lights update pack, a one off freebie, available forever.

Take a look at what a little extra care and work can do for a seriously ageing TS model :)

Forget the WCML South for now, and belt up and down the ECML in a HST set with a decent framerate!

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

4. dunkrez

Whichever you get the best results with :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Just downloaded this pack. Thank you :).

• Like Like x 1
  6. dunkrez

You're welcome mate, enjoy :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pookeyhead

It works well. A big improvement!

Sorry ,but I had to get rid of that "125mph max" thing though. Seeing same thing,in the same writing, in every train, from every operator was bugging me :)

8. dunkrez

I like it, I also like the smiley face on the AP 377 EP instrument panel. Also, the KEEP YOUR FEET OFF in the AP 66 EP and the No Smoking in the Virgin revamped 47. Nice touches, but yes, in an ideal world, such differences would be everywhere, from cab to cab and loco to loco. This is one of the principles I want to put into play with the loco's that RailPunk releases - not sure how this is achievable just yet, but I'm pretty confident that I'll find a way.

Glad you like it though mate, for every person that enjoys it and uses it, it makes those days invested in sorting it out well worth the effort.

I've got all on kitting out and painting up a ballast tamper at the moment as well as a couple of other bits :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Dunkrez...

I have just got the Cornish Mainline, can your improvement pack be applied to the HST used in this DLC???

Cheers

Eric

10. dunkrez

I'm not sure mate, not tried myself. Stands to reason that it should work. Let me know if you need a hand.

11. Pookeyhead

It appears to have automatically been applied here.

20201016082448_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. dunkrez

It took ages to do all those rivets and screws properly. Every single one hand turned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ntypeman

Dunkrez...
    Dunkrez...

that'll be cool if you would... :cool: I've d/loaded the file & am ready to go, just don't wanna mess my files up by doing something stupid...!!! Is it just a case of extracting, copying & pasting files etc???

Eric

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  14. ntypeman

Oh...

I've just read that it's supposed to be used with the AP enhancement pack... I don't have it [the AP enhancement pack]... Will it still work???

Eric

15. Pookeyhead

Nope.

If you really know what you are doing you could manually replace the texture files... but that's a real pain in the arse.

To be honest... if you're serious about TS and like the HST, you really should invest in the AP packs. Go with the MTU pack first, as that contains most of the recent liveries, Followed by Valenta for the classics, and lastly VP185, which was the least used engine.

16. ntypeman

Pookyhead...

Nope... don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to files... Have only just started dabbling with them... If I can just go off topic slightly for a min (I started a thread called "National Power"), I've just downloaded the ARC 59/1 from ATS and I'm baffled looking for a .ap file that I can't find...!!!

Anyway, to be honest I'm a pre privatisation sort of bloke... Don't mind the Foster Yeoman / National Power & ARC stuff though but that's about my limit...

Far & away prefer the Valentas and then the VP185's... MTU's are a bit "fizzy" but put up with them as I have no choice running what I've got...

Eric

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  17. Pookeyhead

I think someone answered you in the other thread. basically...

Install 7zip.

Navigate to the folder the 59 is in... probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class59Pack01 and in there you will see a file ending in .ap... probably "Class59Pack01Assets.ap". Right click it, and select "Extract Here". It will unpack the .AP file.

The AP HST packs make the sound perfect... even the MTU is remarkable in its dullness LOL. The Armstrong Powerhouse Valenta is remarkable though.... Shame there are none left apart from the preserved prototype (which was used by AP to make the recordings). I miss hearing them in real life.

18. dunkrez

Eric, I'll pack it in a patch at some point in the near future and make it compatible with the default model as-is.

It could be done manually, requiring unpacking the ap file firstly. Let me know if you want to do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ntypeman

Thanks so much Dunkrez...

I'd really appreciate it & if you can keep the installation as simple as possible for me I'd be eternally grateful...!!!

Eric

20. ntypeman

Dunkrez...

I'm thinking about getting the AP Valenta pack... Can u tell me if it applies the sounds to ALL my HST's???

Cheers

Eric

21. Pookeyhead

No. Only the ones that should have a Valenta engine.. sorted by livery. So all Inter City variants will be Valenta (except Inter City Swallow which is also in the VP185 pack due to 1990s engine trials while still in IC125 service and 43002 which is also in the MTU pack because it was re-liveried back into IC125 blue and yellow for retirement and preservation). Some early post privatisation liveries are Valenta too, such as Virgin, Great Western (Merlin & F a g packet). Midland Mainline, early FGW (Barbie) and some of the buffered variants.

A list of what's what is in each of the relevant pack's manuals. You can download the manuals before buying from the AP website.

I just learned that you can't type the "F" "A" "G" in here or it turns it into the word LOVE.. I suppose it stops silly homophobes abusing people, which is a good thing, but it also stops you using a well used British slang word for cigarette.. so I disapprove.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. ntypeman

Thanks Pookyhead...

I don't suppose you know if the "speed target display" (the thingy with the red/green LED's - its proper name escapes me right now) is present??? I know for the true backdated experience it shouldn't be there...!!!

Eric

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

God bless Americanisation bleeding through to the rest of the world, you'd think they'd also be 'tired' of spelling tyres wrong wouldn't you.. :D

Though we'll always have the last laugh regarding fanny packs, yes mate you do look a complete ---- wearing one. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Pookeyhead

It will be present on later refurbished units (even some post privatised Valentas) but not on older units. For instance, you'll not find it on a BR IC125 (except the restored 43002).

Eg.

This......
    20201024093644_1.jpg

will have this....
    20201024093706_1.jpg

25. Pookeyhead

BTW.. in reality, there are more than the two variants seen in Train Sim, even in the BR days. All manner of modifications and odds and ends were fitted depending upon the train operator.. or even the owners whom they leased it from. Like this for example...

[​IMG]
    Or this...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  26. dunkrez

Eventually I'll get around to modelling a plethora of cab variants.

How are you getting on with the Valenta pack Eric?

27. ntypeman

Dunkrez...

I've purchased the Valenta pack but now can't get on the laptop as the other half & my little boy have decided they want to play Fortnite...!!! :|

Eric

28. dunkrez

Nightmare! And it's half term.

29. ntypeman

I've managed to download & install it at least...!!!

What would you advise as to my next step... Your HST pack???

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  30. dunkrez

Yep, you should be good to go, if you are running it on a laptop, probably install the 1080p pack.

The pack can be found here: https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=hst-cab-enhancement-pack-hd-1080p-ultrahd-4k-v4-0

Just noticed it's sitting at 1237 downloads, not too shabby :) Hope you enjoy it Eric. Some high definition ballast tamper action to follow shortly! My missus is ready for the end of the tamper - I've pretty much been nocturnal for the past fortnight, but the effort is really starting to show. The prototype looked like a UKTS freebie, however, it is now well on its way to looking like a proper bit of kit - featuring full ballast tamping kit, additional bogies, connecting hoses and associated paraphernalia. I'm not able to give it branding aside from its 1980's livery, but I have made the texture maps so easy to modify for the creative types out there (all laid out very sensibly and easy to edit).

Anyways, I'm rambling so I'll leave you to get on and enjoy some HST action :) If you need a hand with the install, give me a shout, the instructions are in the pack and they make for sensible reading.

31. ntypeman

Cheers Dunkrez...

I'll let you know how I get on...

Nowt wrong with the "British Rail" in black and the red "arrows of indecision"...!!! :D

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  32. dunkrez

The HST Cab Enhancement Pack has now surpassed 1300+ downloads :) I told myself at the time of release that I'd be pleased if just 20 people found some use of it.

It was definitely worth the time invested, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Pookeyhead

It breathes life into an old model. With your cab textures, the AP packs and Major Wales's stuff, it's a great train to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  34. dunkrez

More to follow for the HST :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. Pookeyhead

Can't wait! Crack on... after the 104 of course ;)

• Like Like x 1
  36. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

dunkrez I said I'd get this once I'd got the AP HST Enhancement, and the first thing I did was add your light texture to the NR variants, looks much better, is there anything I need to add/alter in the cab or is everything generic across all the cab variants?

P.S. if you want my edited NR hst_pw_fgw_1.TgPcDx texture files then I can dropbox them to you later.

• Like Like x 1
  37. dunkrez

There's two cab types, modern and classic. Only thing we're missing at the moment is an MTU cab :) think there may be a new one on the way.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ntypeman

Dunkrez...

I've just bought the York - Peterborough modern add on... Will your update automatically upgrade my latest purchase???

Eric

39. dunkrez

I'm not sure Eric, you'll have to check it out and report back here. When sorting the cab, I only built with the Kuju/AP sets in mind.

40. ntypeman

I'll have a look in the morning & report back... I'm off to bed now (YAWN)!!!

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  41. ntypeman

Dunkrez...

I think your patch has automatically updated, heres a screenshot I grabbed this morning whilst playing York - Peterborough (although the scenario was between Grantham & Donny).
    Screenshot_York - Peterborough Modern (Complete)_52.90736--0.64424_08-19-40.jpg
    Enjoyed the run this morning however I found it frustrating at the fact there didn't seem to be any advance warnings of speed reductions (I'd expect an AWS warning prior to a speed limit reduction) so as a consequence blasted through the speed limits and ended up with a negative score!!! Never mind, stopped bang on the button at Donny though!!!

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  42. dunkrez

That looks about right :)

Good news too, I have an authentic tamper horn recording, finally.

• Like Like x 1
  43. dunkrez

• Like Like x 1
  44. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

45. dunkrez

It's been confirmed to work without the AP packs, see a few posts above.

46. inversnecky

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  47. dunkrez

48. inversnecky

Are they in a folder in that’s easily findable?

49. inversnecky

50. Pookeyhead

There is a HST in London to Peterborough, yes.. in unbranded East Coast livery I think. You almost certainly also have the DTG European Asset Pack, which has the "standard" HST, and other variants too. Duncan's mod will be applied to all of them.Look through your loco menu... I'm sure you'll find more than the East Coast one from London - Peterborough.

The folders for all of them, will be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulator\RailVehicles\Diesel\HST"

All my variants are in there.. all 67 of them LOL. If memery serves, they all use a common folder for textures, which I think is actually called "default" which is inside the above listed location. I'm sure Duncan will confirm this before long.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1