Iow Is Pretty Disappointing...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 4-COR, Oct 15, 2020.

1. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

After 2 months of screenshots, everyone was pretty hyped up for IOW, and then we get this...
    [​IMG]

And we get the reused class 455 sounds yet again...

In real life, the scenery around Brading should look like this.

[​IMG]

In game it looks like this...

[​IMG]

Because there wasn't a release date announced for this for almost 2 months, I was under the impression that this route would be of good quality and wouldn't be rushed. For £20, you'd at least expect this 8.5 mile route to be decent...

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think it's more than decent. For me the in-cab switches look fine, I don't know what's going on in your pic.

• Like Like x 5
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This problem occurs on consoles or maybe even PS4 only
    UPDATE

[PC]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Yes the issue is with consoles by the looks of things,
    I don't know what Matt used on tonight's stream but it looked considerably better. The dial on the guage in the left hand panel at the top, doesn't show a needle for me just a circle but it did on the stream, perhaps there's something fishy going on by Sony or Microsoft to get you to upgrade to a more expensive console

• Like Like x 3
  5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It's the same on xbox as well.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

There seems to be an obsession with trees line side, Just Trains are the biggest culprits.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Or Rivet and/or Dovetail didn't do enough optimization and testing for console.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Can’t speak for the console version, but the PC version is really very nice in my opinion. My only disappointment is the arrival times are missing. However Sam mentioned in the chat for the livestream that they know about it, so hopefully a fix makes it onto the roadmap. It’s a good route for me.

• Like Like x 7
  9. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

To my surprise i rather like the route, the track side scenery is nice and dense, its short and sweet. Looks fine and runs great for me again on PC. But as this is in the PC discussion area so ....

Not seeing any issues like the screenshots.

• Like Like x 4
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Cool switches l £20 on takeaway tomorrow instead then

• Like Like x 1
  11. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

hi all

Or its gulls and butterflies?
    How to light the passenger cars
    thx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2020
  12. diego.Trenesyjuegos

diego.Trenesyjuegos New Member

After 2 months of screenshots, everyone was pretty hyped up for IOW, and then we get this...
    [​IMG]

I don't know what platform you play on. But on pc the truth is that it is quite good. There are some sound problems when opening the window is exactly the same as inside, the camera on the right dash goes crazy sometimes too but graphically it's fine. Hopefully they can fix the problem of schedules and other things. Sorry for my English, 20201015183533_1.jpg 20201015183645_1.jpg 20201015185519_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. tinblue

tinblue Member

You would think Dovetail would start to think "What is it we do wrong exactly to get this constant backlash after everything we release?" But they don't. Do dovetail even respond in these forums? They are quick to shove everyone here during their livestreams claiming they listen to feedback. Isle of White is in a shockingly bad state. 15 minutes in and I identified numerous issues that could have been picked up had I been a tester. Did they even have testers? It's a mess and simply infuriating to keep spending my money on this company's products only to be let down time and again. Will I ever learn?

Some of the things aren't even bugs but just poor efforts on another rushed release to earn a quick buck. The 38 stock is nicely modeled but let down once again by the sound team.

It's been 8 years since the first IoW route for Train Simulator. Are we expected to believe that the artwork and route design here is next gen? I think I should throw in the towel because as was re-iterated in the Geoff Marshall video, they consider this a game (even though sim is in the title) first and foremost. This should warn us to seriously lower our expectations for the future. God I wish there was some serious competition in this genre.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Why are you posting screenshots of LOD issues from the PS4 in the PC forum and using that as "evidence" of the route being crap. The PC version currently doesn't have this problem as far as anyone here has confirmed.

• Like Like x 7
  15. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Except this route wasn't developed by Dovetail Games sooo...?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yep, it's a third party, so all they do is test it/report issues and publish it, for a small fee on each purchase. It's up to the 3rd party dev (in this case, Rivet) to fix issues. I believe DTG's testing on 3rd party stuff only goes as far as seeing if it works and is playable. If so, it can get the green light, even if it has issues such as LOD not loading correctly.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  17. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

You don't want to light up the passenger cars anyway as you lose like 10 fps.

BTW there is a switch in every coach.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Yes and where is the button please
    I have none of the buttons other than the one to open the doors which works on the board in the passenger compartment.
    And yes I want to turn on the lights, losing 10 fps doesn't bother me especially with the pc configuration I have.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trainmania100

It's near the gangway at the end of coach, on guard panel, says cabin lights or passenger lights

20. Trainmania100

Added London underground livery to my 483 :D

Attached Files:

21. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If you are in the driving cab, you can use the right and left arrow keys to cycle along the various control panels. One of the nice things in this train is, that you also will cycle along to panel where you can turn the saloon lights on or off. When you are there, turn a round a bit had have a nice passenger view. This is an awesome detail you may not have noticed.

I do not experience any graphics issues (playing at a PC). I am more or less quite happy with the result, but I definitely would have liked to see some scenario planner paths starting in the depot and the possibility to place some static consists at the heritage railway. Also it is a pity you cannot use the scenario planner with platform 2 at Pier Head.

• Like Like x 4
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Some correct facts would be useful! DTG haven't produced it and if you bothered to look you would see the DTG staff are frequently on here.

I have it and it is not in a shockingly bad state, yes there are some minor niggles but shockingly bad is total hyperbole, a trait often seen here.

Maybe you should send DTG a list of all the bugs you have seen?

• Like Like x 3
  23. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

I would disagree that IoW is disappointing at this stage, on PC anyway. I closely watched the console content which appeared on YouTube after it released, and was not impressed by what I was seeing. I decided not to pick it up on steam while the discount was active in the final hours before the PC release. I have since watched a lot of PC based videos and ended up buying the route at full price. So far I have been very impressed with what I have experienced. I have completed the tutorial and a couple of service mode runs. I haven't noticed a single problem, and when I say problem I mean something that stops the gameplay. I found Rivet's tutorial really good and in depth, so congratulations to them on that. Overall the route is short and sweet, has a nice atmosphere, the rolling stock is lovely as well. I don't think the PC release deserves anywhere near as much of the criticism it has received. It seems like a really decent route for newcomers to the game, a nice simple layout with easy signalling, slow but not boringly slow speeds, and a rickety old EMU to throw around.
    Once steam is added to the game, I think this would be a prefect candidate for Rivet to extend the preserved line and give us a DLC to add a steam loco to it.
    All my opinions of course, everyone is entitled to have a differing opinion.

• Like Like x 7
  24. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I like it.
    It makes a pleasant, relaxed change to some of the more intense routes.
    Some things could be done differently, but I’m happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 7
  25. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Waiting on a date for the patches to drop.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I bought it mainly to support a 3rd party effort but I've found it to be a relaxing half hour after the rigors of more challenging routes. I don't know the real route at all, but I haven't found any bugs that spoil it for me.

• Like Like x 2