I Researched The S-bahn Timetable Of München - Augsburg

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DB BR Germany, Oct 16, 2020.

1. DB BR Germany

DB BR Germany Member

Yes I was extremely bored...
    In the first stream of the route from München to Augsburg, Matt said the route uses the exact timetable of the trains from 10th september 2020. So I went to the website of Deutsche Bahn and looked up the timetable of the S-Bahn S3 and S4. I thought it might be interesting for you all as well. So here we go:

S3 (München Hackerbrücke <-> Mammendorf)
    In the night, there are only very few services. The first train at Hackerbrücke leaves at 4:59 towards Mammendorf.
    From then, the S3 runs every 20 minutes. Between 6:30 and 8:30 and between 14:15 and 19:00 the S3 runs every 10 minutes. Those are approximate times. Not every train runs up to Mammendorf, some terminate at Maisach.

S4 (München Hackerbrücke <-> München Pasing)
    The S4 runs every 20 minutes. In the night (from midnight to approx. 5 am) the trains run every 40 minutes.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

So that would mean a train every 10-20 minutes if I'm correct

3. DB BR Germany

DB BR Germany Member

Yes but I think sometimes even more frequent because during the time when the S 3 runs every 10 minutes, the S4 still runs in addition between the S 3 services.
    So the part between Hackerbrücke and Pasing will be very busy.

4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I know there's currently a layering timetable issue on some consoles but DTG could add more S-Bahn lines like S1, S2, S6, S8 in the future. But that might be a bit overkill, but awesome though.
    S6 and S8 would all terminate at Pasing on HMA.
    S1 and S2 would terminate at Laim on HMA.
    Here is an image of the Munich S-Bahn network: 2560px-Netzplan_S-Bahn_München.svg.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Would love to see it in the future if/when the team figures out a way to reduce the memory consumption of services in timetable mode.