Hauptstrecke München – Augsburg Is Coming 22 October!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Markerson, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Markerson

Markerson Member

Link to tweet confirming this here https://twitter.com/trainsimworld/status/1317148985249980417?s=21

This is coming a little earlier than I expected but I am seriously concerned about the console versions of this route considering the layers conversation on the stream on Wednesday.

I presume a solution has been found but can DTG update us on the fix/solution? Not keen on buying this if it doesn’t work properly with other routes installed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think that's a bit early with all the problems they have, I really hope their is a fix

3. Class395

Class395 Active Member

From what I understand there won't be any additional services from DLCs at launch while the layering tool is being implemented. So we will get the full route with its services (ICE, S3 and S4) and after the layer selection has been implemented the additional services from other DLCs will be added. Still, I'm buying it soon after release, we will finally get a S-Bahn line with LZB and fully functional passenger information screens how cool is that?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Markerson

Markerson Member

Oh it’s cool and I will be buying this route and am looking forward to it. My concern comes from the fact that the whole point we got TSW2 was improvements with the game engine and handling memory requirements.

Now we’re hearing of game breaking memory issues for consoles with the first route add-on for TSW2. I’m already seeing out of memory errors for preserved routes with additional services added due to dlc locos or other routes owned.

I fear that the fix may be to allow us to add/remove layers manually which will just add to the possible errors with bugs and crashes and the only real solution being that no added layers is the only workable option for PS4/XBox.

I will obviously wait for DTG to give us more details on their workaround but fear it’s a next-gen option only for full layers on console.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Thing is, the problems are caused by the sheer amount of different rolling stock being spawned at once. There is a LOT of german DLC, way more then british, also, the german rolling stock can be used on pretty much every route. So I'm not concerned about future british, french and american DLC tbh.

6. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice on the stream on Wednesday just gone. Around the 34min mark, they stand up to show the inside of the train. Once the player is stood up, the audio changes and sounds like the external audio inside the train.

They have done a lot of work on audio occlusion to be fair, it happens in fewer locos than it used to.

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is true, the whole point of tsw2 was improvements from the "new" or basically updated engine. This is concerning that we have these problems. I'll still buy the route as I am interested in it but I have my concerns

8. Markerson

Markerson Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Indeed, better to have the route run at it's base level properly, rather than not well or at all. After all, if you didn't own the other content, then you wouldn't have them on the route anyway. Still sounds like there is plenty to do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

What came to my mind recently, are the actual layers causing the issue or the increased number of trains with them?

I I could imagine it could be first, because the smoothest running DLC (ECW) is also one with the highest number of services which doesn't have any impact in performance. And for the memory it doesn't matter of a 8-car 377 is loaded or a 4-car Dosto + 146... of course Brighton and Munich are not really comparable but I'm sticking to every bit of hope...

If it really is the number of layers causing the issue my suggestion would be to reduce them to one. To include all DLCs there would be several versions of that layer necessary, e.g.:

1) basic
    2) basic + MSB
    3) basic + RRO
    4) basic + HRR
    5) basic + MSB + RRO
    6) basic + MSB + HRR
    7) basic + MSB + RRO + HRR

... and so on. I didn't include RSN and RT because the list would be even longer then but I think you get my point.
    Depending on what DLCs are installed the one fitting layer and its services is loaded automatically.

Just a theory but maybe an idea for a solution...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1