Hauptstrecke Munchen-augsburg Coming Soon......

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak131, Oct 14, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think they have resolved anything. Much more likely is that certain layers won’t be included in the console versions on release while they figure out a solution.

2. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I reckon they could had released it couple of days ago but held off because Isle of Wight coming out so pushed it back a week.

3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Until we say otherwise - what I said on the stream still stands - Console's will not have the extra layers at launch, PC will. The PC is running stable with the extra layers, where as the console's aren't.

The team have been working hard to try and trim down memory requirements to allow the extra layers to slot in, and some progress has been made there BUT - again, until stated clearly otherwise, they're not part of the initial release.

Service count without the other layers is around 300 (there's a LOT of sbahn traffic), with them is around 427.

As I said on the stream, we are also exploring other tech solutions to allow substitution to work more flexibly with some customisation screens to deselect things you don't want to appear - but that's not finished yet and won't be for a little while, so in roadmap terms consider that "in production".

Substitution and layering however are not the same thing, while they are closely related, substitution is what gets you the 182 and 155 in place of freight trains - but only if the layer itself is active.

This is important and has been a majority focus for some of us most of this week, so we are not taking it lightly. Good progress has been made but we're not over the finish line and at this point I don't want to guarantee we'll get to the finish line - but we're pushing as hard as we can.

Hope that helps clarify.

Matt.

• Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 8
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I hope with the next generation consoles we will can colmate or reduce this hardware gap, at least about TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Not bad. During the stream, I thought I could hear ~ 150. I play PC myself but am so passionate about HMA that I wish everyone was relatively happy :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yes the 150 or so was a wild stab in the dark - since then I've been more actively testing Munich using no additional layers so I saw how many services there were :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Have pre ordered and looking forward to running this busy route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I'm going to hold back - nothing really agaisnt the route, it looks very nice, but I'd rather wait until RRO gets preserved.

9. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I do understand, BUT is isnt fair to give one set of people one thing and others another, All I want for Layering Is the DoStos, Maybe see what is most popular and get that in first, cos now I am not going to be getting it. Thanks. anyway TrainSim-Matt any estiamte for the screen slection for layering??

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I want to buy RRO for '2020 (just for the license) on Monster Sale! :)

11. Clumsy Pacer

RRO is a very nice route IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  12. anders.johansson1992

anders.johansson1992 New Member

Great addition, would love to see the Ice1 as a addon later on!

13. Sharon E

A little assistance, what route is RRO?

14. Clumsy Pacer

Rhine Ruhr Osten (Hagen - Wuppertal)

• Like Like x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Rhein Ruhr Osten Rhein-Ruhr Osten

16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't remember exactly, but Matt talked about it on the HMA stream. Certainly intermodal & mixed frights (RRO, MSB) - but I don't know what passenger services (HRR).
    PS Plus some coal maybe - BR 155 DLC :) ~ I'm not sure. Maybe just as a replacement for 185.2 (185.5?).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sharon E

Thank you for the information on the routes to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Romuald91

Romuald91 New Member

I'd like to know if anyone could tell me more about diapers? What does it mean as a change from the PC? Will there be fewer trains or details that aren’t identical on PC? How do you print hours of train on the signs or other? Or am I totally next to the plate..?

20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

21. Romuald91

Romuald91 New Member

22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Every route has a basic number of services/trains (in timetable).
    Layers are additional services operated by trains from other DLCs but on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  23. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I luvs this explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Romuald91

Romuald91 New Member

So on console we will only have the trains of the dlc munchen and no other train of other routes rolling on this route? (Console)

25. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

this is exactly the problem with TSW. YES IT IS - we can run it, we should have it. We shouldnt have to sacrifice for the slowest machine, you'll get it IF they make it work, but we shouldnt lose it until then.

You're basically doing the whole "why should they be allowed to play the game at 144 FPS if I can only have 30, you should hard lock the frame rate to 30 because its fair" cry me a river, why should they be fair when theyre making a game for 3 VERY different machines.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, you should have access to DLC from any route you own, but the problem with some consoles is that if you put too many trains in the system they run out of memory, so DTG are scaling EVERYONE back until they can find a solution on consoles, then everyone else will be able to get all layers but the current thinking is that console players will be able to choose which layers to turn off, as required, thus avoiding the memory bomb

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, just read back on what Matt says... PC will get all at launch, consoles won't due to those memory issues

28. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

No. We will have only a restricted number of additional services from the preserved colluction routes.
    Example: PC 300 addictional services, Console 150-200.
    But probably they will reduce the gap in the next future or with the nextgen consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Pretty sure it's 300 services without any additional layers. PC will be able to use all of them, consoles won't get any for the time being.

30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

31. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Yeha, but on the xbox one x I get 60FPS so, yes. and then, that should be easily handleable.

32. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

TrainSim-Matt Does all of It (427 services) work on next gens. thats my important question, is so then YES. Sam did say you have a next gen kit in DTG land. have you tested it?

33. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

You want them to limit frame rate now too to match yours?

they should not be fair, if you cant run them you wont get them, nothing should be cut for you for "fairness" if you think they should then you are simply an Idiot.

What are you going to ask for next - them to lock the resolution to 900p because people with better machines shouldnt be allowed HD, 1440p and 4K?

• Like Like x 5
  34. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

thats not what I am saying

35. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

DTG Natster Can you please talk to BR125 for insulting behaviour, you did the same to me

36. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

This is problem with TSW right now. The whole idea of "fairness". If I spent 2K on a gaming pc, I expect 2K worth of performance in every game. My frame rate, or in this case number of services, shouldn’t be brought down to the lowest common denominator just because a completely different platform from mine doesn’t have enough power or memory handle it. And I’m not hating on consoles. The same concept applies if you have an Xbox One X. You’d obviously expect better performance compared to the regular Xbox one since you paid more for it. If PC can handle more layers right now then we should get them. I didn’t buy a gaming pc to my performance brought down to console-level performance.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t want any group of players to be advantaged or disadvantaged over another. However, given we are pretty much end of life on PS4 and Xbox, it’s not surprising the gulf between PC and console is causing issues.

The PS4 has 8GB of memory and the PS4 Pro has 8GB of memory with an additional 1GB for background tasks. This is why the PS4 Pro has slightly more memory available in game. The PS5 will have 16GB of memory, which is obviously double, which should increase the amount of stuff on screen at any one time quite considerably. However, whilst 16GB in the PS5 is double that of PS4, there are PC’s on the market with substantially higher RAM. It’s never going to be a completely level playing field. In my opinion, the PS5 should have had much more memory. An increase in price would have been worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

exactley, but nor should someone who cant afford rtx 3080s and i9s be stopped from getting the full expreience. As someone whos birhtday is close to xmas, I wont have all the services for awhile if they run on series x, whereas my freind who has one on preorder can. maybe DTG could do a slot system simmilar to FS19. or even make the trains dissapear sooner as consoles have worse draw distance

39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed it, but what services will console lack? I would guess some of the layers which are more similar to each other will be trimmed down, so there are still DoStos running the whole lenght of the route (but on the ""slow side"") but we'll get less activity in the S-Bahn around Munich, is that correct? And is there any plans for this to change this with the new gen consoles? (Although I guess it'll be faster for DTG to find a solution before dropping Xbone/PS4 support, or do you have the option to differentiate between Series X/PS5 and Xbone/PS4?)

40. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Basically at launch we will have S-Bahn And ICE only cos DTG cant work stuff out. at a later date (roadmap in production terms) we can choose what we want, still not good but

• Like Like x 2
  41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ah, that really sucks, I wasn't going to buy it at day one anyway for reasons I explained in another post but this is just a deal breaker, I don't really enjoy freight and the only way to run the full lenght of the route is using the ICE, did I get that right?

42. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

yes, until DTG get their act together and add the MSB layer ( HRR 425 will also add to that layer)

• Like Like x 1
  43. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

how many dlc will consoles players be able to turn on at the same time?? the maximum??

44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Got it, oh well, I guess RRO has much more value for money then (at least right now), and keeping in mind I'm not getting new rolling stock the value for money of that route is abysmal already. I might even skip Mun-Aug completely, or buy it as soon as it adds services to other routes as well or at a hefty discount

Good to know thanks!

45. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

well depends, lets say its set up as
    MSB - Passenger (approx. 75??)
    MSB - Freight (approx. 27??)
    RRO (aprrox. 25??) Freight ONLY (no 422)
    HRR SUBSTITUTION (Swaps for dostos)
    lets say you could have MSB Passenger and HRR at once, so about 375 services
    (personally thats my go to choice, Screw freight and ya 185.2)

• Like Like x 1
  46. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

TrainSim-Matt Is that the way the team are looking at it. are they spitting it into Passenger and Freight for MSB so we can chop and change? or is it JUST MSB, RRO, HRR
    (if not, PLEASE consider it. It would let people choose their experience for the route)

• Like Like x 1
  47. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

You were that kind of guy that would just take the ball if the other kids won't play by your rules right?
    I would like a complete VR setup but you won't see me telling developers that they can't implement VR in their games because it is too expensive for me to afford one, so no one should be able to use one.
    This game here has certain hardware requirements and either you meet them or not, regardless of when your birthday is.

And even then, games run better with a better console/better pc. It was always like this and will always be. You can meet the minimum requirements but obviously a better machine gets you a better performance. You don't lock performance for all platforms, you enable them to run it. And how well decides how well your machine is equipped.

• Like Like x 9
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Though it's all "cleared up", that's a really good question! :) hmm A REAL GOOD ONE!
    We would have to watch the stream again and listen very carefully.

Another story...
    Flawless victory!

49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I watched the stream and I remember all S-Bahn get up to Mammendorf where they branch off, only Interregio (or whatever it was with the DoStos) goes up to Augsburg.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Thats not my point. my point is, next gen is around the corner, and some people (like myself) cant get it on day 1, there needs to be SOMETHING before release of nextgens

• Like Like x 1