Hauptstrecke Munchen-augsburg Coming Soon......

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Amtrak131, Oct 14, 2020.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah... So MSB for RE ekhm
    So... what HRR is for in that constellation?

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As someone who still has the hamster-powered first gen Xbox One I have to agree with the PC Masterrace community here, until that fix you are talking about is developed is not fair for PC users to miss out on that fundamental part of the route. That's a good excuse to wait for a discount or save 30€ the wallet is happy.

Actually I would say to DTG to not waste time developing such fix as it's a dead end stopgap which will have a relatively short life and use, but I get there is people like you that don't deserve to miss out on content. At the same time I hope they will be able to differentiate between Next gen and current gen (as stated in my first post)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

People who do not have HRR MSB RRO ... will somehow survive. The rest. A hard nut to crack. I would buy, but sadness a little. This is your very crucial question. They must somehow press RE there!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

True, luckily I still have some older routes on my wishlist and honestly it's a bit too close to SKA gameplay wise and the fact you can't use the 403 and the 423 anywhere else ruined a lot of the hype for the route anyway, I guess I'll wait until the end of the month to see if they put RRO on sale, if not I might think about getting it at full price. More excited for SE HS to be honest, and judging by how fast they are pumping out routes I feel we'll get in before next year or even around Christmas (like the ECW last year) but I'm not counting on that

• Like Like x 1
  5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Matt already made a long statement here telling us that they are working on making it less demanding on resources. So what exactly is your point?

• Like Like x 1
  6. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

When constrained by memory, could DTG offer a subset of each layer (e.g., 25% of services from A, B, C, and D), in addition to an all-or-nothing approach (player chooses layer A; layers B, C, and D are unavailable).

This might offer the best of both memory-constrained worlds, giving the player the most freedom of choice.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I have to admit to being now totally confused by this situation. Forget about consoles, will or will not PCs get the full monty at release? Surely that's all we PC owners need to know (sorry but consolers can debate their own existential issues in their own forums).

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes. You'll get everything

• Like Like x 2
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

* Chicken *, HMA looks crazy in my opinion and here DTG fell victim to its own success. I'm sorry not everyone is happy. There will be as many services as the Spartans at Thermopylae, so it is possible to fight :D

But what about RE ... hm ...

* nvm * :D PS Besides, it is me who will not sleep until Thursday ... :(

Anyway, why nobody from DTG works at this time on the weekend and has a nice chat with us now. Lazy... :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist here is the original green design what did you make wrong so I have make a photo at Bochum Hbf to fixed this as you promised B90BC241-05B9-480D-9051-52474BC92455.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

That above is a very dangerous argument, because, always like example, if a group of people got a 5.000 dollars PC they could asking for the same. But in this case you, with your 2000 dollars PC will became penalized. And I dont talk in terms of graphics setup (ultra, medium, low), I talk in terms of restricted project, less complex features for all, cause business companies cant develop project-A (very complex features) for high-specs PC, project-B for medium-specs PC and project-C (very basic features, nothing of really new) for low-specs PC. Developers always will choice the project-B for all, with the obvious limitations for A-specs ("good but not so special for my super PC. Honestly I was expected for more advanced and new features!") and C-specs ("with some setup compromise I can play this title. Thank you Mr.developer").
    So, the question could be, who decide for the standard? Customers or producers? I say the seconds, based on how many A-specs, B-specs and C-specs PCs has been sold. The rule will be to cover many possible customers.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All we need is a detailed run-down of exactly what each platform gets at release, and an indication of what functionality the proposed filtering system for additional services is likely to have, ie filtered out by source route or filtered out by service or whatever.

I would expect this information prior to release so that everyone can make informed choices on whether to purchase at release, wait for the additional services filtering method to be confirmed or implemented, or skip buying the route altogether. For now this is the fairest thing we can expect. DTG are being very open with the information we’re getting so far. Just a clear written breakdown of content included needed now.

It can be posted to the website, or the forum, or both.

• Like Like x 4
  15. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

So...a curious question about this whole layer ordeal...

Since consoles will struggle to run all 400+ services in the timetable mode, its been said that they're working on optimizations to help alleviate the memory issues.
    But will this inevitably mean that some services will be cut back? I.e. instead of 400 services on consoles, there will be 300 (assuming you have all layers activated anyways)?
    Or is this not an issue with the number of services, and rather an issue with having too much rolling stock in memory?

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed to hear that on launch, consoles will not have access to the full-fledged timetable with all the layers activated. If I have to be honest, thats the primary reason for why I even want to purchase this route– for that experience of seeing tons of various traffic throughout the Munich area.
    I think allowing the player to choose what layers are activated would allow for the best solution. Personally, I would much rather have traffic from MSB as opposed to RRO or HRR, just to have access to the Dostos

• Like Like x 2
  16. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

yep i would def leave freight off

• Like Like x 2
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

heretics! :( :| :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

As PC user myself I can provide some insight on this. 16 GB of memory is actually the standard for the majority of gaming PCs. The next step up from that would be 32 GB and not that many if any require that amount. That’s not to say it can’t be beneficial in some games though. More than 32 GB is completely useless for gaming and anyone who buys more than that for gaming clearly has no budget constraints whatsoever. The main factor that differs between PC and console in terms of memory is VRAM. PCs have dedicated VRAM on the graphics cards that is exclusively used for storing graphical and 3D data like assets and texture files. Consoles have an integrated GPU setup so the memory does the combined job that VRAM and RAM do on PCs. This could be why consoles are facing issues on SKA since 8 GB of combined system and graphical memory isn’t much especially if the game is storing high res textures and loading a lot of assets at once.

I understand the your core argument but you're making a bold assumption about the people buying $5000 computers. Those people know they are not getting even close to value for money and don’t expect games to be able to take advantage of it. Right now the best performance per dollar PC lies between $1000 and $2000 give or take. Most games will be able to run and fully take advantage of any PC that lies in this range of cost. Some games may be exceptions, but this is generally speaking. Less than a $1000 on a PC and you start to conflict with console level performance and then value for money heavily favors consoles in sub-$800 PCs (not in all cases). This is due in part because games on consoles are tailored and optimized for that specific hardware and, as you alluded to, PC game developers often have to try and make their games work all the hardware out there and hence can’t optimize for every possible PC configuration. An example that shows your points in action would be processor cores. 6, 8, and even 16 core processors are starting to become affordable and mainstream in the PC space over the last few years. Yet the vast majority of games are still rely heavily on single and two threaded performance.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Flight simulation is one facet of gaming that can make good use of 32GB+ of ram, and memory is no longer the most costly element of a PC build. The choice between console and PC is of course not just based on pure cost; many titles I run are simply not available on console (e.g. TS Classic, MSFS, iRacing, Transport Fever 2) or are a poor experience especially current gen (e.g. TSW). In addition, peripheral support on consoles is very limited, for example my 21:9 monitor would not fare too well! As a simple TV plug and play mainstream gaming experience a console however is very hard to beat.

20. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Didn't they say that this is the most modern one in the stream and is newer than the plug one?

• Like Like x 2
  21. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep I remember that as well hovewer I could not find any photos of that design on the 403, I could only find it in the BR407 so maybe they are currently in the process of applying the new schemes to ""older"" trains

22. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What I post is the current design because I take it yesterday
    The ICE 4 has the livery in this green 87E8BE6A-60A4-4CB7-A188-BCAE2D86F0DF.png

• Like Like x 1
  23. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

Found one, there are other ones too which don't have the plug anymore, it seems very new though.
    https://flic.kr/p/2jQ8cH6

• Like Like x 1
  24. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Dovetail have modelled one they have photographs for.
    Unless of course is another long planned conspiracy to wind up forum members.

• Like Like x 7
  25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep looks like DB is actually in the process of re-painting them

26. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Probably, you know what those Impish folk in Chatham are like!

27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I live about a mile away... "Impish" isn't how many people round here would be described. I'd get banned if I did describe many of them, but impish isn't a word I'd use

• Like Like x 1
  28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Okay lol, I won't try guessing! I drove through there once several years ago but I have little recollection of it! I have an aunt just outside Rochester.

29. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I mean they have the DB license and from what I heard are working together with them, especially in terms of representing the trains. Surely they have sent them the livery for approval and if it were wrong, they would have been told. That it my guess at least.

30. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Mike answered this for Sam on the stream when someone brought it up. The livery with the plug is an older version.

31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In their weekly meeting of how to annoy the players, making the most recent livery was deemed to be of little value. The person who suggested it is having the last laugh because it did annoy someone, at least for a little while.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its not a simply a PC v console issue. We all want TSW2 to progress, longer routes and more stock. The new Xbox and PS5 should give us that opportunity. Certain PCs are already in the next generation With their capabilities. The PS4 has 6gb of ram yet somehow has managed to keep up until this point. Its had a good run. Now its time to move on.

• Like Like x 2
  33. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

And why they don’t make the Green DB Br 422 livery for Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr?
    Can you tell us the reason TrainSim-Matt
    0D660A32-A05B-45FD-A0C1-61531D953F4E.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  34. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's not that simple. DTG have shown that they sometimes don’t even test the routes and trains on consoles. E.x See IOW on PS4. Also, next gen consoles won’t do a thing for TSW until DTG optimize the game to take advantage of them. Who knows, they might have TSW2 next gen optimized soon after the release of these new consoles. However, judging by the fact that it took until TSW2 just to get PS4 Pro and Xbox One X 4K enhancements I wouldn’t get my hopes up too much.

35. globbits73

globbits73 Member

I've not seen it in green before, it looks quite nice. Is it a recent paint job, or just local to that area?

On the last stream, someone asked about different HST liveries, and Sam said that they *might* look into offering livery packs later, but there are many possible options, and isn't likely to be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  36. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Was this livery used when they built HRR?
    Released 24th of March 2020

37. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

This entire issue is unfortunately a deal breaker for me. Was looking forward to this one but without all of the additional layers it‘ll just feal dead and empty to me.
    Being able to choose different layers would perhaps be a passable compromise but would still not completely convince me.
    I do hope you manage to come up with a good solution for this as according to current information I probably won‘t get it in the forseeable future.

38. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yes this Livery is since 2019 used on the DB BR 422 for S1 and S4 Services

• Like Like x 2
  39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Maybe they just felt we needed more variety given that we already have the red BR406 while we have no other 422 variant.

Also every 403 is going to be painted like that, is the same true for the 422?

40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Look at it this way: buying TSW2, we got SKA without MSB layer, without RRO layer, without BR 155 & 182. Then this problem will probably be solved. May it be so :)

41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the ICE at that point was the main feature of the route (for some of TSW2) now it's not anymore...

42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, usually, the route itself is the main course :)
    Let us be of good cheer. I do not care about the DTG financial result (and the end of the year is close) but I sincerely want to believe they will find a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I hope so. But it doesn‘t seem like we‘ll have all the layers at the same time at any point in the future. If they can get them all working simultaneously I‘ll get HMA in a heartbeat but if the best we‘ll get is just some layers we can choose then I‘m just not convinced by it. I may give it a shot, we‘ll see.
    I don‘t want to spread any more negativity than there already is in the forum so I‘ll refrain from further speculation and complaining until we have more information. I just hope they can get it working somehow...

• Like Like x 1
  44. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

it was said a few times and in the stream that will make tsw 2 BC with next gen consoles and at sometimes in the future they will have to make the next gen version.

45. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Having a slightly improved PS4 pro or Xbox X was probably not seen as a big enough upgrade to warrant creating new UI options.
    Being upset at your current console taking another path due to its limits, would be the same as arguing that Konami have left my PS3 behind by not letting me have a PS4 version of PES21

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As my plans to possibly get a PS5 soon after release are looking sketchy at the moment, I will most likely be stuck on a base PS4 for a long time to come, unless it breaks, at which point there might not be much reason to replace it with another, and negotiations with the missus can get back to PS5 as a viable household purchase again. If that means less content in the routes in terms of extra layers being missing despite having the required other DLC, I’d rather have that than future DLC causing the lowest spec consoles to crash all the time. A suitable filtering system would be better of course but might not happen.

If players with lower spec PCs start having trouble with newer routes will they be forced to upgrade sooner or is that just a generally accepted part of using a gaming PC, constantly upgrading? Would a general filtering system for more demanding DLC be a useful or acceptable feature for PC players, alongside the adjustable quality settings. I’m coming round to feeling that if that or just fewer layers has to be the way to get certain routes on console, then so be it, would a PC player accept routes that only a really high spec PC could run in full and accept fewer layers as a solution if their machine wasn’t up to it?

47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I've owned the game forever (since CSXHH). I can play comfortably only recently (new computer and benefits, in my case, from the new UEngine version - better performance). I understand your pain.

PS Previously, I was able to play possibly at night, in fog, after numerous changes to engine.ini.
    I own most routes - some were completely unplayable after I bought them, like Peninsula.
    Somehow I got through this difficult period :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it’s a shame this route doesn’t make use of the underground section - even if just to München Hbf (Tief).

• Like Like x 2
  49. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yes it’s make me Sick Dovetail Games.
    It’s not the same without it :(

50. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

what does the ice3 say at the start?? Sturung. and then is it sleetzborg un enzulizen?