Ts Loco Proposal - The Great Northern Pack (london - Peterborough)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by AyrtonS8, Jan 27, 2018.

1. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

The Great Northern Pack

Me, and i'm sure lots of other people too, really like the ECML London Peterborough route and I think it is an iconic route in the TS catalogue. I think it will be nice to see some more content for that route. This is why I am proposing The Great Northern Pack.

This pack would really help update the route but also contain some trains that I think the TS community would appreciate. So this is what I think should be included in the pack;

Class 317 EMU
    This train will be the oldest of the bunch. The Class 317 has a top speed of 100mph and is made up of 4 carriages. They were built by British Rail Engineering Limited between 1981-82 and 1985-87.
    I think the Class 317 should have both the Great Northern Purple livery and Great Northern white livery in the pack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Class 387/1 EMU
    This train is the newest of the bunch. The Class 387/1 has a top speed of 110mph and is made up of 4 carriages. They were built between 2014-15 by Bombardier Transportation. This train is part of the Electrostar series of trains. The previous owners of Great Northerns batch of Class 387/1 trains were Thameslink. Thameslink got rid of the Class 387/1s when they received the Class 700s.
    The Class 387/s in this pack will have the Great Northern white livery.
    [​IMG]

Class 365 EMU
    The Class 365 is already included in the London Peterborough route but this pack will include the Great Northern white livery for that train. The Class 365 has a top speed of 100mph and are made up of 4 carriages. They were built by ABB York between 1994 and 1995.
    [​IMG]

So they are the 3 trains in Great Northern Livery that should be included in The Great Northern Pack. Is there anything else I think could be included?

HST Livery Upgrade
    The HST in the London Peterborough route uses a old unbranded East Coast livery. I think this should be fixed to included
    either or both a new branded East Coast livery and/or the Virgin Trains East Coast livery since Dovetail now have a Virgin Licence. This could be done and released as either a free upgrade to the London Peterborough route or an exclusive bonus content to The Great Northern Pack. By doing this it will help modernise the route and gave more reasons to use the stock already included in the London Peterborough route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So as stated earlier, I think The Great Northern Pack would be a great addition for the ECML London Peterborough route. It would help modernise a TS Classic and Iconic route in the TS catalogue. But what do you think? Will this be a good pack to make for TS? Leave your comments below.

Thanks for reading :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

This would be a lovely idea. Give the ECML South many more years of use into the DTG age from the older RSC era.

3. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

I really like the idea of this pack but I feel like it would contain too much if all the things mentioned were included. Personally I feel like the first step to making the ECML a "hot DLC" that people want to buy would be to make a Virgin Trains East Coast pack with the 91 and HST. Then this pack would be a great addition as we would have some other modern stock. Also do we know if DTG have the Great Northern rights to use their logo?

4. AyrtonS8

I don't think there is a problem that their is too much stock included, theirs only 2 new trains and a couple of liverys for the stock already included in ECML London Peterborough. There are other loco packs with more than 1 train included like the MRCE Dispolok Pack and Western Hydraulics Pack.
    And a Virgin Trains East Coast pack is a good idea.
    No idea if DTG have a Great Northern licence or not.

5. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

I hope if there is one VTEC pack, there should be more trains other the intercity 125 and intercity 225. How about adding the class 800 and 801 in addition to that?

6. AyrtonS8

We have a 801 in TS but it would be nice to add a Virgin East Coast livery to it :)

7. Maxopolitan

Maxopolitan New Member

Hmmm.. The thing is that you can get the Class 387, Class 365, Class 317 GN from Superalbs as a reskin so you don't need to buy it from Train Sim. You can get the virgin reskins from a different supplier. Would be nice to see a Class 700. All these reskins are free.

• Like Like x 1
  8. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

As mentioned above, all of those trains and reskins for free.

Class 317 - Available on UKTS.

Class 387/1 - Superalbs

Class 365 - DPSimulations

HST East Coast - Reskins or Armstrong Powerhouse MTU Enhancement Pack

HST Virgin Trains - Superalbs / BH Reskins

HST LNER - Being released soon

You've got everything, for FREE. Why would you want to have to pay for them?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

If you want a VTEC 225 pack there is one on TSD which is Free

10. AyrtonS8

They all may be available for free from different places but me and probably others too find it difficult to download and get these reskins and other things to work. I tried getting reskins in the past but never managed to get it to work. It is easy to get something off Steam and install. Plus things you get off Steam are safely kept on Steam so you never lose them.

As a scenario creator, I like to keep my requirements to a minimum. I don't want to be saying that you need lots of reskins for the scenario to work. Plus many reskins and freeware stuff require other DLCs for them to work. For example, Superalbs Class 387 reskin requires you to own South London Network.

11. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

If you don't know how to, there's loads of tutorials out on YouTube, such as Alan Thomson's one here:

Not many people will pay for something that you can get for free.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JamesMezza

JamesMezza New Member

When is the official release

13. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Never.

14. JamesMezza

JamesMezza New Member

WHAT!?

15. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Yes, no one said it's coming out, specifically DTG. There's loads of free reskins and trains out there that not enough people would buy this pack to make it a profitable DLC.

16. JamesMezza

JamesMezza New Member

can you get the virgin trains east coast hst without the armstrong powerhouse pack?

17. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member