PlayStation Munich - Augsburg Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kobebeef, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Hey guys new to tsw2 here and I've got a question regarding this route.
    I read that we will get 325 services on the console versions, but is this the base game route add-on?Or does it require HRR and RRO to get the full compliment of 325 services?
    Cheers.

2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

325 is the base that comes with the route regardless of additional DLC. There are 272 S-bahn services and 53 ICE services.

The full compliment would be 427 services adding in regional services from HRR and RRO, as well as freight services from MSB (I think), but that is not going to be available to console users regardless of what DLC is owned because there are technical issues prohibiting the extra services being included on consoles. It is possible this will change, but for now it is best to make up your mind on the basis of whether you are happy with the 325 services included at launch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Ah I see. Thanks for the quick response Luke!

4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd say 325 is more than reasonable. In a way layers are kind of a bonus, in the sense they are making extra use of content that people may already own. I'm sure if they (dtg) wanted to, they could bring out whole new locos and stock to buy, rather than letting people get more use/value from other routes they may already own.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

325 is realy good in my opinion, I guess it will only miss some diversity by not getting regional services and freight.
    Other than it looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bob12212

Yeah that's probably the only thing. But for now, we can always add them using senario planner. Not quite the same thing I know, but better than nothing :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

What I will miss is freight transport. Definitely DTGs are already working on optimization.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bob12212

Hopefully they'll add substitution to HKA too, the the 155 and 182 for the freight services.

9. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Well, since this thread is about the route from München to Augsburg, I understand that's what you mean with "HKA".
    The official abbreviation for this route is MAG, as we can see at the names of trophies/achievements.
    M and A are quite easy to understand, but I've no idea what the G stands for.

Edit: Now as the names for the trophies are officially visible on PSN, I must admit I'm quite disappointed by the repeatedly used pun with the abbreviation of our German high speed train. That's not funny! I mean, every joke has its half-life, and this one is long gone.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  10. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

If 325 services aren’t enough for me, I need to take a long look at myself.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Bob12212

Probably the most from any base route? If not, then very close.

• Like Like x 1
  12. matthewbguilford

It’s definitely up there, can’t believe it’s coming out tomorrow already! Can’t wait!

13. Bob12212

That week has gone quickly! More preserved content dropping tomorrow too :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bob12212

No, I was referring to HKA I'm aware that the thread is about MAG. Was just a little comment Hoping they add the freight loco substitution to HKA. As it will be there from the off in MAG

15. Slemcer

Hmmm, I was trying to figure out what you meant. Fact is, there's no route with HKA abbreviation, you might have meant SKA then.

16. Bob12212

SKA, yes! Sorry, no idea where I got HKA from:|

17. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I hope RRO comes out for preserved
    Sbahn will definitely lighten up the koln achen route

Happy driving!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bob12212

Yeah apparently it should, and out tomorrow (all being well ;))

19. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Do we Console Players ever get the missing layers for an Regionalexpress or Freightservice. Many Services as well, but simple driving only S-Bahn this is boring. I can't understand while there is no BR 146 or ET 425.

So will we ever get the missing layers, cause I don't find any reason for buy the Addon for the full price.

Yours Player
    Ischollum.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Nothing has been said guaranteeing the layers will be added. Best to assume they won't, and make your buying decision based on that.

21. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

So they will rip us off?
    Although we keep them alive and their Jobs.

I hope for them they will not keep this thinking for the Hamburg Lübeck Addon.
    Or the TSW 2 basic Game Was my last Game.
    I don't spend any money for a Company, who is ripping us off. But the PC Players who likes TS21 even more than TSW2 will get everything.

I hope they change their mind or find a simply solution or I will guarantee the TSW2 will bury in a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

You don't have to buy it, and to be fair, they have been upfront about the limitations with layers on console. It still has a lot of timetabled services regardless, so I think many people (myself included) will be happy with what's on offer, and if they add layers later, then even better.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

I am fair. I've got no problems with TSW2.
    And it is not fair, cause we are customers like the PC Players and we are getting rip off.
    Cause what is the problem to put the BR146 into the Game.
    Who needs a S4 when you are just drive the same part as the S3.
    You know what I am saying.

I hope they will not think the same, when they built Hamburg Lübeck.
    We need Regionalexpress and more satisfaction.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Slemcer

The main problem for console players is, DTG is mainly developing for PC but doesn't consider how to port their code to consoles until it's too late to do any optimisation. This way we console players will always be second class players and will never get the same functionality as PC gamers. It's sad, but that's how things are.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Bob12212

Yep, as you say they have been up front. This allows people to make an informed decision with regards to if this is a deal breaker at launch. Plus, they'll be plenty of console videos on YouTube shortly after launch. So people will be able to get a good idea of route traffic and performance.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Bob12212

I would also add testing to that too. Look at IOW, errors on the console version that were not on PC. It has happened in the past too.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Forget the PC Players they like TS21 more than TSW2.

And every Console was happy to see TSW2 and now they rip us off.
    Dovetail is like Bluesky Interactive for MSTS.
    They even hated their costumer too.
    Don't get me wrong, i like TSW2 but this solution for ripping us off is a shamefull situation for every console player.

• Like Like x 1
  28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The G will be the last letter of the name. Surely it should be HMA though? Every other route has used the first letters of the words in the route name for the three (or two) letter abbreviation that is commonly used and it shouldn’t change. It doesn’t really matter what is used in the trophies, people will want (and will use) something that relates to the actual name of the route. MAG makes less sense. I’ll be calling it HMA after the route name. See NEC, GWE, RT, RSN, MSB, NTP, TVL, LIRR, WSR, PC, RRO, HRR, SKA, SPG etc. for the reason why. There’s no need for the abbreviation to cause confusion or to make it more difficult for people to know what route we are referring to in forum posts.

• Like Like x 1
  29. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It's more the missing variety than the number of services. Would you buy a racing game with only 2 cars included?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I'm not sure why you keep saying they're ripping you off. The price is what it is, and the console layer limitation is well known. If you're cool with that, buy it, if not, then don't (or wait for a sale).

If they told everyone it was coming with all layers, and then after purchase you find out they're missing, then sure, go ahead and feel ripped off. But that's not the case here though with HMA/MAG.

• Like Like x 4
  31. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

How is it a rip-off? It is £24.99 for a route and stock, same as most of them. You know what you are getting, you aren't forced to purchase it.

And as a PC player you certainly don't speak for me, not that I want someone who uses the word rip-off in nearly every post clearly without knowing what it means, speaking on my behalf.

• Like Like x 5
  32. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

I say that, because that's the truth.
    If they don't fix that problem the TSW2 will die, the PC Players don't like the TSW2.
    They only like the TS21. The Console Players like TSW2, everybody was really happy to get this Game.

I have an solution delete the S4 Service which have the same part like the S3 from Hackerbrücke to Pasing. Just add the Regionalexpress.

I can not understand why they put the S4 into the Game instead Regionalexpress.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I find this very inappropriate. The main content for this route is the BR 403 and BR 423. The price is calculated for the route itself and those 2 locos. Everything else is a bonus. It's great that we got the locos and emus from other routes in SKA for example, but the truth is that we are getting the trains that were promised with the routes. I would definitely not call it "ripping off" especially not because they don't want it, but because they try to make the performance better on consoles. If they can actually do it, that's another question, but preserved collection is not official part of this route.

• Like Like x 5
  34. theorganist

Evidence?

I am a PC player and I like both sims equally.

35. Bob12212

That's how I see it, like a bonus if you own preserved content. Other routes come with two locos, but no option on layers, and there is no problem and plenty of content.

• Like Like x 1
  36. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

As a PC player myself, I can say this is far from true. While a lot of PC players play TS21 more than TSW, it’s mostly because that game has more content. TS21 has been around for almost a decade longer than TSW. TS21 has more third party content and hence more variety of trains and routes to play. TSW2 clearly offers better graphics and has greater future potential since it doesn’t have the inherit graphical and engine limitations that TS21 still has to deal with.

• Like Like x 3
  37. matthewbguilford

I’m just going to leave this here.
    Apparently this person figured out a way to unlock all the layer services on Munich. I don’t know exactly what this means so I’ll leave it here for discussion purposes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

Strange, I've only got 414 services, I'm missing the black loco.

39. Bob12212

Wonder if you need to take these steps every time? (Like gwe) or is it now always unlocked

40. flickyhecky

It looks like it's unlocked, the game starts from that 'journey' when you click on the route. I played it for an hour and didn't have any issues with it. (apart from the missing black loco)

• Like Like x 1
  41. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

So I've got 222 Services with 8 Trains on SKA what was still the excuse from DTG for missing layers for us console players munich - Augsburg.
    Ah btw my Playstation doesn't crash my playstation must be a superplaystation

42. flickyhecky

...or a PS4 Pro!

43. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm at work away from home. So how does the new German DLC work?

44. Bob12212

Was it more to do with the amount of services the layers of the new routes offers? Rather than the amount of layers themselves. (Just a guess)

45. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

No my ps4 is not a pro:)

46. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

Well they told us with more Layers the Game will be crash. Seriously I've got no Crash on my Game.

But 30 Euro for an boring Route where you can drive ICE and two S-Bahn. God damn great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. theorganist

Have you got the route then?

48. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Now I’m not saying what you can and can’t buy, but you knew fully well from what DTG have said what came with the route, you yourself have mentioned it numerous times, so you can’t be shocked that when it’s mentioned console players will only get the 403 and 423 (for now) that is exactly what you’ve got?!

And then you still bought it anyway?! I’m sorry but you can’t complain about that.

• Like Like x 5
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Odd that isn’t it. I heard about all the layers thing and didn’t buy it because of that. I would much rather drive regional express services than hundreds of s-bahn services, so until I can I’ve decided the allure of more ICE services can wait. There may well be some people who don’t know that the layers will be missing and they can legitimately complain about it but not people who were already in the know.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Ischollum

Ischollum Member

I don't have that Route but I saw some Stream and I am getting asleep cause that boring Addon without layers for Console.
    Don't forget we keep this Game and the Jobs alive.