PlayStation Game Crashed - East Coastway Ps4 While Doing "the Journey"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonkySausages, Oct 22, 2020.

1. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

EDIT: ** This is on Train Sim World 2 **

So whilst trying to complete Step 8 of the Journey on the East Coastway on PS4 (2G41 Seaford to Brighton) I have had the game crash twice in exactly the same place..

As I've approached the 40mph speed limit when heading into Lewes (where the line merges with the line from Eastbourne) about 200 yards away the game has crashed with the playstation error code CE-34878-0

Not sure what causes it, but some details that may cause it:

The weather for this particular service when doing the Journey is heavy rain and fog, I brake quite late for this but still would have been under the limit as you pass the speed restriction. Both occasions I used brake step 3 for a little bit about 200yards from the restriction which caused the wheels to lock/spin due to low adhesion - when this happened, it seemed to cause the game to crash. I haven't tried it yet using a more relaxed method of braking to see if thats what causes it.. but thats my hunch.

Not sure if anyone elase has had this issue, or this error code and what causes it, but any help or a fix may be required!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

That error code can signify a few things. If you have an external drive, I'd suggest moving TSW2 to it (or from the external drive to your internal one) and try to replicate the conditions.

3. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

Just did the same service in the Journey for a 3rd time and made sure where was no low adhesion slipping and the game crashed again in exactly the same place.

4. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

will give it a go and report back in a bit

5. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Other things to try is rebuilding the drive database, downloading the route again, etc. I recently had to do a backup, re-initialisation and reinstall to get rid of a similar problem.

6. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

so moving it from my external HD to system storage didn't cure it, so have deleted TSW2 in its entirety (backing up the save files) and reinstalling it (as i couldn't find how to delete individual add ons). if that doesn't fix it, then I'm stumped. I guess i'll try doing the same service but from Timetable mode instead and see if i get the same issue

7. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

So after a complete reinstall of the game and DLC... still crashes at exactly the same place so I don't know what to do now. Because i'm going for trophies regarding the Journey game mode in the game, East Coastway is now not possible to complete because of this crash

i've sent reports via PSN every time it crashes but this is harsh as of course i can't progress in the Journey now

Any ideas from reps at Dovetail who might be able to help or know whats happening

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I completed the service and tried to replicate your circumstances. No crashes (I had already completed the service so maybe that's a difference).

I would boot into safe mode and rebuild the disk database (it will mess up any folders you've got set up for games on your external drive).
    Short of that, it sounds like a re-initialisation and reinstall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. richard4472

richard4472 New Member

I am getting the same crash at exactly the same point. I have tried running other timetable services on East Coastway and also getting crashes. Tried rebuilding the database and reinstalling TSW2, but this has not fixed the problem. This has only occurred since the last update to v1.10, I wonder whether it could be related.

10. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

When running scenario planner runs out of Eastbourne, my game always crashes at the exact same spot (roughly half way between Hampden Park and Eastbourne).

11. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Ah, managed to recreate the crash. Curious. :(

12. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I know it will take longer to get an answer, but have you reported it to the tech people? If not the sooner you do the better. And in the mean time you might get an answer on here. Best to try all avenues for an answer

• Like Like x 1
  13. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

So i was able to complete the service in Timetable mode - with the weather on sunny and clear without the game crashing, so it's either an issue within the Journey game mode itself, or its an issue with the weather/low adhesion mechanics caused by the heavy rain and heavy fog. Thats all i can assume, I have also posted in the tech support forums so hope it can be addressed

14. WonkySausages

WonkySausages Member

final post on this... So having completed 2C41 in timetable mode, I went back to it in the journey (this time rather than clicking continue journey, I manually selected part 8 from the list) and also drove from the train from the cab view rather than the external front view and was able to complete it without the game crashing... So yeah, what an absolute ballache but i seem to have found a work around for me

• Like Like x 1