PlayStation I Got All Excited Then I Was Back Down To Earth All Too Soon

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Let’s be honest TSW2 hasn’t been going too well recently. Today’s release of the preserved collection added S-bahn services to SKA and although I went in with some trepidation, on starting a service the BR422 was driving well, no stuttering, no odd sounds, no issues with the power. I got all excited because the stations are well spaced enough on the route to make S-bahn drives the best kind of driving fun. I was thinking “At last something that works well, let’s have some enjoyment.”

Then I met a train coming the other way and a head to head standoff ensued at red signals. I thought it might be a one-off so I tried a different service. I got held up at another red signal while a train in the other direction was waiting at a red signal for no apparent reason. So the whole layer seems to be unplayable. I’m not going to try any more services, the real beta team can do that.

I have reported it on the tech report page but this post is about how disappointed I am. I was brought back down to earth with a bump after what seemed like something new that I could drive and it seemed to work well unlike a lot of things recently, including the other added services on SKA. But no, it’s just as broken as everything else. The new route released today came with a warning that it isn’t right so I haven’t bought that. I haven’t tried much of the preserved collection, fearful of the disappointment I might find.

I’ve turned off the PS4 and I’m going to do a jigsaw puzzle. I shouldn’t have to feel like this. Get this broken mess sorted please.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

What direction were you running. I've ran a couple of services to Düren without issue. Although I'm on Xbox. Maybe I just got lucky with them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you say. It's so frustrating when these things often crop up. It appears from reading the forum, that more and more people are starting to give up hope. I haven't purchased the last two dlc. It's not that I don't want them. But more importantly, waiting to see what problems there are with launch.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Well, be happy you encountered a red signal because alltough I have a green signal the game crashes always doing the Sbahn service on Ska with the RRO trains. And Still no medals on SKA - which is such an obvious bug... I'm also very dissapoited. Playing on PS4 too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

stujoy I'm running RRO and MSB as well on PS4 Pro. Can you remember what service you ran when you had issues - I'd like to try it myself, and see if I have the same problem as you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is on the 0943 and 1143 S19 Hennef(Sieg) services. I gave up after that.

7. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

You’re exactly right, the single line is not signalled properly so trains end up trapping each other.

Whether you do a journey or use scenario editor it’s the same.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

If I have a chance to run some of those services I’ll try to let you know which services worked so you can go in knowing it will work. Maybe some others aware of this can do the same.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I came across the S-bahn issue on SKA whilst taking an ICE for a jaunt on what is now a fairly busy and otherwise exciting line to drive on! I had to go back and check what I was seeing because I thought it was a 4-car 422! Seems like a timetabling and signalling issue, one of these trains shouldn't be entering the single track section. (Not sure what is going on with the blurred coupling but I think it is probably related to the fact I switched to free cam whilst passing this scene at 250kmph so I could get some pics)

90929126-418d-4fec-8612-dd5c5755e01a.jpg dad290d4-49c2-479b-bb5e-52a6939caf8e.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Ok, I'm going to give the 0943 service a go, and see how I get on.

11. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Yep, same problem - stand off on the single line section. If you want a couple that do work, try the 08:03 and 10:40. I've driven those to completion without problems.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 21.58.02.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Same issue on the 11:43 service as well. Interesting that the two I completed without issue were outbound from Koln, but the two that had issues were headed into Koln. Do any of the services into Koln work?

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I only tried the two. I’m not going to specifically test any more because I’ve grown tired of investigating bugs. I’ll just report any services that I come across as I play, and wait for improvements before buying anything new. I’m sure we will see improvements at some point because we have to.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Same issue on the 10:03, also heading towards Koln. If anyone has managed to get an S Bahn timetabled service into Koln, especially those starting from Duren, please post the service details.

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I just tried one going to Köln and had the same issues this thread is dedicated to. Has this been posted in the technical section too? Do we know if DTG is aware of this?

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I saw the same issue that 2 trains stand head to head at the same Track with Red Signals.
    Enough is Enough DTG with all this Bad things, test your game before release it

I have drive the 17:45 ICE from Köln to Aachen and Met this 2 trains on my way.
    I was Xbox One X

What’s going on DTG Protagonist ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, I reported what I encountered and got a reply that it has been seen by DTG.

18. septafan

septafan Active Member

As I approached the train moved ahead possible stealth fix???

19. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...sorry you’re running into these issues. If I could recommend anything to you at this point, I guess it would be to get what enjoyment you can out of TSW2 and its associated routes (incl preserved collection routes)- and ignore, as much as you can anyway, any issues/bugs in these products. This is pretty much what I do in TSW 2020 and related routes at this point- after realizing that DTG apparently has no interest whatsoever in addressing the bulk of the issues that still exist in the 2020 line. And this is also why I haven’t purchased TSW 2 or any of the other add-ons released for it... and likely won’t be purchasing any of their products moving forward until DTG significantly improves the quality in them. I don’t need any more ‘issues’ than what I already have in 2020.

Sadly (and I would bet money on this), what we get from DTG today is what everyone can expect from them moving forward. Until DTG steps up to the plate and really starts cleaning things up in their products, they can count me out. DTG is their own worst enemy... but I doubt they see it that way.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks:)

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thank for the reply. That’s the kind of advice I’d give others to be honest. They have said they are going to improve things but that could be seen as another promise of jam tomorrow. They are not doing anyone, including themselves, any favours by releasing broken content. I’ve never known it to be as bad as it is now.

I tried a service on Peninsular Corridor preserved collection yesterday. I specifically chose the gallery cab car because there are no engine sounds to disappear on that, so I could still get enjoyment out of it. I’ve been playing a lot of TSW2020 again as well when I want to be fairly sure I can complete a service without any problems. If they get TSW2 to work as well as the old TSW then I’ll be happier but I still have that to play on with plenty still to do, despite being on level 630 there.

I’ll keep my eye on things to see if they improve and I still have hope of that at some point TSW2 will deliver what I want. Until then my money stays in my pocket.

• Like Like x 2
  22. sdbradfo

sdbradfo New Member

Can someone help me out with how I get these extra services?

I really enjoy this game but am by no means a train expert, I’m beginning to get very overwhelmed with how much DLC interacts with other parts of the game and I can’t see many resources that explain how.

thank you

23. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

What extra services? Do you mean the preserved collection DLC's that were released on Thursday? If yes and you owned them in 2020 just go onto the playstation store, search TSW2. Then click on it until you get all the add on's up on screen then click purchase or whatever it says to get them. If you already owned them in 2020 they will be free. If not you will have to pay for them. Then click on download and then when you load up TSW2 they will be in there waiting for you to play.

I think I have got this correct and I hope I have explained it correctly. There maybe other ways but this is how I got mine into TSW2 from TSW2020. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

For the discussion here, we're talking about the Rhein Ruhr Osten DLC route, which adds additional services and trains to the standard Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen route that comes with TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1