PlayStation Hauptstrecke Munich-augsburg Known Layer Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please could those of you who haven't already explained let me know if you are only using default layers and how your console is performing or if you have them all activated, feel free to post in here or DM me.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite. If the limitations of the console they are specifically releasing a game for are being exceeded by the game then that is not on and they could face more than criticism. TSW2 is a PS4 title and should run well on all PS4 consoles. If they are exceeding the limitations of the console Sony will stop them from selling it. DTG know they are releasing it for PS4 so they should stay within its capabilities. The same applies on xbox.

When PS5 comes out, if they make more DLC for TSW2 that works well only on PS5 but they release it with the PS4 logo then they will get into trouble. If they want to start releasing DLC for PS5 capabilities then they need to release a new PS5 version of TSW. This is why Matt and Sam said they have to fix the issues because if they don’t TSW2 will become a PC only game fairly quickly.

• Like Like x 4
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I think that fixing it is not the best solution. If it's already in and playable as it is, keep it so the players like me can enjoy the extra services too. Mind you, I do not have PS4 Pro and it runs better than on PC.

So please don't take away the option to have all the services in. Listen to community, watch YT videos. They are playable.

4. kennyjamesscott

Hehee, even with upgrades that PC would struggle.
    It is recommended that you upgrade PC every 3 years at least. Consoles should last longer but should be upgraded as well. As my PS4 is two years old, it nears it's end sadly. So in someways, next gen coming out is a blessing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s a good point to be fair.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Sounds similar to the escapades with SKA... literally just coming off of the LZB, it crashed.

7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Only Two Years old??? Wow. Mine has been going for 6 years and still plods along. :o

• Like Like x 2
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Given that TSW2 has been designed for Xbox and PS4, I'd expect it to run fine with no limitations. Likewise, I'd expect any PC that meets the recommended requirements for TSW2 to be able to use all of the content regardless of age. If the current consoles do not meet the requirements for TSW2, then that's an issue for DTG alone as opposed to the end user.

Exactly this. For as long as DTG release content on current generation consoles, then the game should perform to a suitable standard on these consoles.

• Like Like x 5
  9. kennyjamesscott

Mine probably would as well as it is in mint condition.
    On that console I only have four other games. I keep my HD clean deliberately for TSW and I have both installed right now.

10. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Hi Natster,

Running with NO extra layers, performance is still patchy. It's particularly noticeable when running an ICE service from Munich to Augsburg and travelling at 230 kmh.

The game keeps stuttering and freezing, sometimes for as much as 3 seconds, particularly along the line towards the end of the route.

I should highlight that when running a slower speed class 423 service with the extra layers ON, it runs with less issues. It would therefore seem the stuttering is worse, the higher speed you're travelling at.

Console: PS4 (non pro).

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I would be really interested to see some reports from PS4 Pro users with non of the additional layers enabled. There's a lot of people with standard PS4 consoles having issues, but what about Pro users? Sam last night said that it should run better on the Pro models, so does it? Minor stutters and distant pop in I can live with, but issues like those that are being described here for standard PS4 aren't acceptable.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Does the game have to go past Sony and Microsoft for any QA before it's allowed into their stores?

13. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Sony and Microsoft will apply tests, but it's not "QA", it's certification, so it's not really concerned with quality, just that the game does what Sony and Microsoft say it should do, which will be things like working on base and pro versions of the console, interacting with the playstation store properly, showing the correct icons for controls etc.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.