PlayStation Hma Tutorials & Early First Impressions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Well, I caved and bought HMA on my PS4 Pro. So far I’ve completed the tutorials and here are my very early first impressions.
    • The route looks amazing.
    • The attention to detail is excellent.
    • The PIS screens on the platforms and the BR 423 are super cool.
    • When doing the 423 tutorial, you have to close the doors using the dashboard buttons or the tutorial doesn’t progress.
    • The 423 accelerates like poop off a shovel. It brakes like poop, but with practice this will not be a problem. This is like real life.
    • When the narrator tells you about the second stop on the 423 tutorial, she says something different to the station name written on the screen.
    • There are some very obvious pop ins, like a huge brown building on the route.
    • The route does stutter and stick in places, but the route is very much playable on PS4 Pro.
    • There is some flickering of textures.
    Once I have played the route more and tackled the scenarios etc, I’ll provide a more detailed impressions post.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Thank you for this, I'm really interested to know how the PS4 Pro performs before I consider buying it. Using SKA as the baseline, it would be good to know whether the stutters and pop ins are comparable, a little worse or much worse. Also, if there's any game breaking problems compared to just cosmetic issues. Are you running this with any additional layers activated, or just the base layer that comes with HMA?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I still haven’t driven the full route yet, but I have driven where the most intense amount of stuff is taking place. Apart from some rather large pop ins, like the building mentioned in my OP, I’m finding the performance of the route to be very good on PS4 Pro. Yes there are judders and shudders, but this route is very impressive. I’m only running the ICE 3 and BR 423 layers.

The 423 sounds beautiful.

In terms of sound, I have no immediate gripes other than the horn on the ICE 3. There still seems to be a delay in being able to repeat it is as in the ICE 3M and when released, it seems to make a weird, additional horn noise - not sure if that is true to life - if it is great. If not, it could do with a bit of fine tuning.

I would probably encourage people on the fence to buy if they have a PS4 Pro. It’s definitely playable. And fun too :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

My poor wallet

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just in case you didn’t know, you can buy PSN wallet codes from CD Keys with a discount. £50 for £42.99. They do other currencies too.

6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the hint. It's most convenient to fill in your region to filter all the available offers. Btw, here's the link.
    In Germany we can get a discount of currently 10%, but that's better than no discount at all. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Definitely. Every little saving eventually mounts up to a big saving overall.

8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I used the CD Keys method as well. If you're in the UK, you can also use Quidco and get additional cashback when buying the wallet codes.