Update For Mag Is Available

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DB628, Oct 23, 2020.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did Dovetail removed the trick to make all 427 services available or what they fixed so shortly after the release?

2. justplayer020

justplayer020 New Member

Das frage ich mich auch. Wurde mir gesagt, dass dieses Cheat nicht funktioniert

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I expect so. They said it was a priority given that they don't want the route crashing. Updating now. I didn't think this would be so quick. Downloaded the route earlier and have now got to redownload.

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

You couldn't find a worse solution.

427 layers between Augsburg and München on One X at 4K
    1) https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArtmaPJOL1U2iQnQ6NfGgi-vZ4GA
    2) https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArtmaPJOL1U2iQqxRAX8Gu0Kw1xi
    3) https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArtmaPJOL1U2iQvndywaaGD9R34t (here at 1080p)

Now, with 395 layers (MSB+RRO+RT) at 1080p I ran Freight and ICE3 services without crashes and this screen prove it.

dbbr182augsburgmunchen.png.jpg

While we waiting for a TRUE solution please give us the chance to CHOICE if test with full layers or run clean (328 layers of Munchen-Augsburg route only). Give us the chance to unlock or not addictional layers. Your choice it was absolutely inpopolar.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I had all layers active and ran it in HD and still got some crashes not as many as 4k though

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But the crashes still there at Köln to Aachen since Main Spessart Bahn was included, but it had only 110 services to crashed always out of memory

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Do you find a solution too brilliant to be considered by giving the user the possibility to choose? (install only if you want the fix, or do this if you want to use them all)

Honestly, before the patch I was running with 12 different trains (screenshots and videos testify).
    Now I'm only 2. And I much preferred running Augsburg-München Pasing (almost 60km) with a railway similar to the real one (12 different trains, passengers and freight) than running 65km with only 2 trains in a semi-desert route. Because crashes only happen inside Munich. Playing this route like this doesn't make much sense to me.

Also considering that maybe we will wait months before getting them back.
    DB BR 182 has not yet been added to Scenario Planner.

Note: with the solution I tested and explain on this thread you wouldn't have crashes. Because I spent a night to test it (install and remove manually routes = layers)

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/hauptstrecke-munich-augsburg-known-layer-issue.29021/

And that is the layers/addictional services:
    -MAG only = 325
    -MAG + RT + DB182 + MSB = 382 (ICE inside Munchen at 1080p) (freight services 4K)
    -MAG + RT + DB182 + MSB + RRO = 395 (passengers at 1080p, freight at 4K)
    -MAG + RT + DB182 + MSB + RRO + HRR = 427 (from Augsburg to Munchen Pasing at 4K, only freight. Passengers chashed inside Munchen area)

Xbox One X, close all tasks and go offline, to use the max memory on TSW2.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  8. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I would have been interested to try this process with the Series X in two weeks. Sadly we no longer have that chance.. It would have been better to leave thins as they were and add a warning label to say adding more layers is at your own risk.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’ve held off on getting this route since I currently have the one s. But hopefully they’ll consider supporting next-Gen consoles very soon, with all layers for the series x and maybe even the s if it can handle it. One thing is for sure, my frame rate would be a lot better.