Petition For Series X And S Optimization

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by muham.a.423, Oct 18, 2020.

?
  1. Yes!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Hey!
    I was just wondering if DTG has any plans to optimize Train Sim World 2 for Xbox Series X and S. I think they could really increase the draw distance/shadows on consoles since they have become a lot more powerful. They could also take a lot of advantages from the new RTX that will be implanted on said consoles. Thanks! :D

• Like Like x 4
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I sure hope so, I just want to experience TSW at 60fps!

• Like Like x 3
  3. muham.a.423

Wait!!! How many frames is it at now? I thought it was on 60 frames on ALL consoles.

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

LOL I'm getting 18 on Ruhr Sieg Nord.

Normally is between 20 and 23 with peaks at 30

On the old hamster powered Xbox One

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have no doubt DTG will take advantage of the next gen consoles, whether by making changes in TSW 2 or bringing out a new version at some later date. I think it’s just a matter of when not if. Sam said in the livestream on Friday night that they already have dev kits.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I'm playing TSW on an original Xbox One, and the game runs an average of about 30fps or below.
    Some routes however, are better optimized like Rhein Rhur Osten or West Somerset, so it is possible to get around 50fps, but the game dips from time to time.

Routes like Peninsula Corridor using the MP36 can run way below 25fps, it's really annoying, but it depends what you're doing and what part of the track you're on. :'(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I've never known for any console that it runs at 60 fps

8. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Not even close.

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The latest job vacancy (for executive producer for TSW) states in the description that they develop games for the next generation consoles, so that’s where their sights are set. I’ve been crunching numbers in my head seeing what unnecessary food and clothing purchases I can sacrifice over the next 12 months so I can get a PS5. The roof doesn’t really need fixing, it doesn’t rain every day after all. I don’t really need to heat the house, I can wear my coat while I drive the the trains. The kids don’t really need shoes do they?

*I don’t have any kids, I still am one myself at 50.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d love a PS5 but can’t seem to get my mittens on one.

• Like Like x 3
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'll wait until black friday to see if I can get a small discount if not I'll get it at full price around the Christmas period I think.

Anyway hopefully they'll stop XBOX One support fairly quickly or we should get the "PC-Spec" game for the Series X/PS5

• Like Like x 1
  13. muham.a.423

Wow! No wonder it was laggy or freezing at times. I thought I was playing at 60 FPS and it could get boosted to 120 or 100 FPS. Well, even 60 FPS would be a really nice improvement then. Do you guys know how to see your frames on Xbox. It's connected via HDMI to a TV, not a monitor. Thanks for the answers. :)

14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Plug a Keyboard -> F3 while in game

20201019_084112.png

Those little numbers that will appear there are the FPS which I totally didn't forget to get rid of before taking this screenshot

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  15. muham.a.423

Ok thanks so much! That is very helpful. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Even without developer intervention, TSW 2 will run much, much better on Series X|S. No dedicated "optimization" is even needed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. muham.a.423

True and agreed! However, if they optimize it, it will become even better(shadows, more draw distance, better graphics).

• Like Like x 2
  18. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

[QUOTE = "muham.a.423, message: 195970, membre: 21375"] Vrai et d'accord! Cependant, s'ils l'optimisent, il deviendra encore meilleur (ombres, plus de distance de tirage, meilleurs graphismes). [/ QUOTE]
    EXACTLY !

• Like Like x 1
  19. BigH

BigH Active Member

The Series S has only been designed to hold back Next Gen until Microsoft has some true Next Gen first party games. It can´t even output 4K, let alone all the other restrictions.
    Series X / PS5 is the way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  20. muham.a.423

Mhm! However, even the Series S is more powerful than current xboxs.

21. BigH

BigH Active Member

That´s true, but 4 Tflops compared to 16 Tflops, 512 GB SSD to 1 TB SSD, 10 GB Ram to 16 GB, 1440p max, only digital. That sounds like a "One X Pro" to me and not really Next Gen.
    If Microsoft wants all next-gen games to run on both consoles it means more work for developers, like Phil Spencer recently said in an interview.
    But only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  22. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

New S Series is not properly a next gen console from my point of view, especially for train simulator games.
    16GB of Ram are the actual standard. Xbox S series comes with 10GB. Maybe enough for Microsoft exclusive games like Halo and Gears (titles build on and for Xbox) but not enough for the future of TSW. So, the choice depend on what the customer really want from his own console.
    Looking forward for FiFa and Microsoft exclusives or want to play TSW and similar titles (PC porting titles) decently?
    In the second case X Series is by far the right choice.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  23. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

It was slightly worrying to hear Sam mention on tonight’s stream that TSW2 should be back compatible on the new consoles.

The only thoughts in my mind so far were how the additional RAM and processor speed would benefit us not that we may not be able to run. Fingers crossed its ok!

24. ZeenozPlays

I’m so confused with how future DLC’s will work with it.

25. dreampage

TSW 2 is indeed compatible on Xbox Series X|S and everything (the game, the DLCs etc) works just like they do on Xbox One consoles. No need to worry.

26. dreampage

Future DLC will work just like now. On the Xbox Series X|S you access the same Microsoft Store, you buy the same games and DLC and install and use them the same way you do on Xbox One. Nothing changes.

27. ZeenozPlays

What about the other console I’m not going to name to avoid a war?

28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Only one thing is certain. New DLC will have to be developed for the current consoles, including the lowest spec xbox and PS4. It should all work fine on newer consoles but nothing can change with regards to how DLC is made. It simply has to work for the platforms it is specifically released for. That’s why there’s work going on now to make what’s already been released work properly, and why they jumped in so quickly to patch the bug that allowed content that doesn’t work to be accessed within the game, despite people with more powerful consoles having fewer problems with that content. It was a very quick response for a reason.

(Note - the following is how I see recent events and may not reflect the actual reality)

There’s a QA process to be allowed to release on consoles, and the latest DLC (HMA) clearly failed that process in its full form and had to be trimmed down for release. Any chance of the full version being accessed by players may have been the end of TSW2 being allowed to remain on PS4 or xbox, depending on which one failed them. The content has to work, hence the quickest patch in TSW history to remove access to the full timetable.

29. muham.a.423

Well, this was an Xbox discussion so I just posted it about these next gen consoles. However, regarding your question, the other console can also get upgrades. Hehe

30. dreampage

I'm pretty sure it will work on that the same way as well. :)