PlayStation A Frustrating And Disappointing Week With Tsw 2...

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Oct 21, 2020.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes the name of the thread is the resume of the last week where I suffered a lot with TSW 2, due to several issues.

Let me explain...

First of all I was very exited with TSW 2 with the new features of Scenario Planner and Livery Designer.
    I started to use both some weeks ago. First I made simple repaints and scenarios and everything worked fine.
    But since last week the situation changed...
    These things happened:

> Issue Number 1
    - Originally one of my firsts repaints it was the Procor tank car, but using the default font for the letters.
    Then last week I decide to try to create the real Procor letters in their logo. Furthermore I decided to include other real data on the wagon as the weight numbers, etc
    I first did the black tank. Went to the sim, and it appeared as the other repaints of other frieght cars.
    Then I decided to make it that way, also for the other derivatives of this model. Thus is the white Procor tank, and the dirty versions of them. This took me another day.
    When I finished, I went to the sim and try some time table to see the new cars there... but surprisingly they did not appeared at all! None of them! I tried with other timetables and other locomotives but the same incredible situation. All the rest of my repaints appeared, but none of the tanks. There were lot of tanks, but only the sim default ones!
    I even delete some of the tank I made if the cause was too many of them causing this situation, but same bad result!.
    For some really strange reason the tanks are not being included in TSW2.
    So after all the hard work and this result I gave up about it.

> Issue number 2
    - Then I started to repaint another freight car. I decided to do it with the autorack.
    I wanted to paint it on TTX colors.
    But when doing it, I noticed the logo can not be positioned where it must be.
    This is due to the tool does not allow to paint on the gray metal side!
    So I have no chance but to do it on the left side on the yellow area of the car.
    It is smaller, and looks a bit distorted due to it is a curve area.
    But no other way to do it.

Then I decided to forget about Livery Designer and go for Scenario Planner, where I had some experience.

> Issue number 3

As on previous ones I made, I wanted to do "Out of the rails" Scenario. So I decide to do it on a new route - not used before - Main Spessart Bahn, but running in with a CSX freight!.

First of all, I started with great good news!
    When I defined the player run, specially the train I will drive, surprisingly for me, it allows me to include the freight cars I had made with Livery Designer! Furthermore I noticed the tank cars I mentioned above, it appeared there! Really happy about it. But then the game have access to them!
    So I went to a Sand Patch time table again, and discover the situation did not changed! There these cars do not appear again! Really strange!

Ok, I forget about it and continue with the Scenario.
    As the train I could define it was with 2 GP38, but including a long manifest one, which it was not indicated as "Loaded", I decided to use it, due to this route has a "pass" to climb.
    Other trains were coal cars, with the option of loaded or empty, but when you use it, all were load!
    So I believe on the manifest ones - as you can not see the load - all of them were load too, due no difference notice on the dynamics of the train.
    First I decided to run the train in order to check if it could go over the pass. Slowly - 16 km/h but I did it!
    Ok let's go ahead

Another good news it was in this route there were more stations or places allowed to run more trains.
    So I decided to include more trains in this Scenario. Around 15.
    I started the run, and everything goes right,... but just around 18 km from departing something unexpected and never seen before happened!.... The suddenly image faded to an almost black image, with a message - something related to a "signal", but quickly disappeared, and in the next screen only 2 options - Restart the Scenario, or Main Menu.
    It really surprised me and do not understand what had happening. I was checking the signals I remembered everything was green.

Then I repeated the run, and payed special attention about it.
    It happened again! This time I took a picture of the message.
    Here you have it.

TSW2 - MSB - CSX - ERROR - 1.jpg

It is in Spanish, but the translation is something like: Service Fail, passed over a close signal.

As you can see on the right side of the image the next signal is green and still 201 meters away!.
    There was no other signal at the time the message appeared!
    I checked that again, and no signal at all.

Do you know what is causing this strange situation?

The main issue is I can not go further in the route!
    It happens only around 15 kms from departing point!

Really disappointed about this issue!
    It took me some hours to setup and test the route, for nothing.

> Issue number 4

So, considering what I have mentioned before, I finally decided to just make a regular timetable, in order to avoid problems, and at least complete driving a train on a route.

As I haven t used MSB yet for a passenger train, I decided to run a BR146 with Dostos, the full route, stopping all the stations, and using PZB. I started to use this system recently as now on PS4 we have a button for resetting it is activated.

So I started, passed already 4 stations, and in the middle of the last one and next, PZB alerted and immediately the train applies Emergency brakes.

I had no realized why this happened.

As I have saved the game previoiusly, I run it again, and I notiece it was due to on a 3 green lights on one semaphore, there was a small “7” yellow indication of speed reduction. This was positioned on a curve to the right, and as I was going fast, and there is a tree just before, I could not noticed.

Then OK, as I have saved the game, I continue with it again, and when passing that signal I passed PZB alert as now I know what was the cause

But… then I noticed something strange on the screen…

There was no information about Next Stop Station and distance at the top left as usual!
    Please check the picture

TSW2 - MSB - TIMETABLE 3 - NO NEXT STOP DISTANCE.jpg

I checked the configuration section, and them were set as active as expected!
    Due to I was using it before, I got the saved game.

Then clearly it seems on this route - Preserved Collection - , when you saved a game, and then recover it, you miss that information at the top left corner as usual.

I could not believe this happened!

So in resume after 5 days, 4 different big problems with the sim, and I could not complete one full drive of a train during this time.

As I have been very busy lately with my job, may be some of the issues I mentioned ,it were already reported.
    If so, could you be so kind to tell me about it

• Like Like x 1
  2. CTIceman1

CTIceman1 Member

I have been having the same exact problem with my covered hopper and tank car repaints not showing up during any timetable service or free roam for CSX Sand Patch. When I create a scenario and check the box for the repaints to appear, then they appear. The tank cars sometimes appear during default scenarios, but the hopper cars still do not appear. However, I can’t get them to automatically spawn in during service mode or free roam either.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thank you CTIceman for your comments about you experienced the same issue as I mentioned.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

It's not worth bothering with a save game unfortunately. Make sure you have time to complete the service before hand. Saves always seem to break something.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I feel your pain with the frustration and disappointment. Not specifically the same issues you are having but so many things are not working and waiting for improvements is very frustrating at the moment. From what I post on the forum and from threads like this one I hope that DTG can see that players who love the game and like to spend time doing what they enjoy are just not happy with the state of TSW2 as it stands, especially on consoles, and that in my case, spending money on content for TSW2 has ceased until it improves considerably.

Today they have released details of a lovely shunter for RSN which I would dearly love to buy but I have zero confidence that it’s going to work correctly, so I’ll be waiting until I’m confident that it, and the rest of the trains on RSN, are fully operational before I can consider buying it. The same with HMA. I really want that route but even DTG themselves know it just doesn’t work on consoles, so no money for them until it does. The only thing I’m even thinking of buying is the Class 52 for TSW2020, the only UK loco I don’t have. And I’m waiting for a sale to buy that.

Frustration and disappointment are the key words for TSW2 much more that they ever were for TSW2020. Apologies for hijacking your thread to say this but the title of the thread is relevant to so many people at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bob12212

Where are the details for the shunter please? Can't see any social media posts

7. Bob12212

I too am in the same boat as you now. I didn't get new German high speed route. So glad I didn't. Not so much of the missing layers, but more because removing them was supposed to increase performance. From videos and posts I've seen, it still doesn't run well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bob12212

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s good that the preserved collection is still a viable part of our content and that things that were missing in the routes are still being developed, but as you say the routes aren’t up to scratch yet for additions. It is the trains that have more issues than the routes but they all need to work for us to get into using a route again. I play RSN a lot as it’s one of my favourite routes but I’m much more likely to play it in TSW2020 at present.

I’m still hopeful that all the major issues and lots of the little bugs will be sorted out but I’ve a feeling it’s going to be a long process, and I’m not going to buy any more content that’s likely to be very buggy on PS4 to play it on an already buggy route. I will buy it when I’m confident it will work fully. That’s just not likely to happen soon.

11. Bob12212

I think more of the community are being to take this view point. People can only be let down so many times.

It's so frustrating because the routes look visually much nicer in TSW 2. With increased resolution

• Like Like x 1