Euro Fishing When Does Spod Drop It's Load?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roqxide, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Roqxide

Roqxide New Member

There seem to be two problems with spod: 1) bounce back as others have already reported, I see 2) on simple casting (ps4) the spod flight is inconsistent, but usually much too far for the strength setting.

In the light of that I was wondering if the spod releases it's load immediately it lands or whether it only releases when you press X to put down the rod. The latter would make it possible to over cast and then drag the spod back into the swim by reeling in the line?

2. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

If the visual cues are worth anything the spod seems to drop its load about 5 seconds after it stops moving when you can see a mist of red bait around it. So I am overcasting and pulling it back assuming that the red mist around my baits is the spod baiting up. The downside of this as I noted elsewhere is that if the swim is tight and you are out about half way then you have to cast up the opposite bank to put enough power into the spod cast to stop it jamping back beyond your baits.

3. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

If you put down the spod rod then it doesn't drop it's load. It resets. ( yet another issue that needs changing ). You need to hold it in your hands for at least 20 seconds or so at target area for it to drop it's load completely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Or you can slow reel if you're dropping between three.

5. Dustin Hutchison

Dustin Hutchison New Member

It took me a while to notice, but I guess I am supposed to wait for the brown bait to stop dispursing, usually about 15-20 seconds of sitting. There really isn't much that I seen on how to use it other than casting it out and reeling it back in the tutorial. I just assume I leave it sit until the bait stops? And YES the thing bouncing back all the time is a PITA

• Like Like x 1
  6. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah you just leave it till the baits stops coming out. If you want to draw fish in you can cast long and slowly reel in creating a line of bait.