Other Problems With Signals/pzb

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cramnor, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

If I understood correctly this is already looked into for HMA, but since I have seen the same issues on other DLCs as well, I just wanted to bring it to your attention again.

When approaching a signal Ks2, the distant signal sometimes is a Ks2 but this is not correct (see last example down below), it has to be a Ks1 (see first example). The PZB is right here and does not trigger a 1000Hz, but the signal is showing the wrong thing unfortunately - i.e. this is not a PZB issue but what the signal shows. A distant signal Ks2 is only used when the main signal is showing Hp0! Please see the illustrations below:
    upload_2020-10-26_16-37-24.png --> upload_2020-10-26_16-37-31.png
    Distant signal | main signal (correct)
    Ks1 | Ks2
    upload_2020-10-26_16-37-57.png --> upload_2020-10-26_16-38-3.png
    Distant signal | main signal (correct)
    Ks2 | Hp0
    upload_2020-10-26_16-38-20.png --> upload_2020-10-26_16-37-31.png
    Distant signal | main signal (not correct!)
    Ks2 | Ks2

• Like Like x 4
  2. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I'd like to extend this with respect to speed limitations. Those are sometimes announced two KS signals in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Did you consider that the train ahead of you might have moved and cleared the block after you passed the distant but before you got to the main?

Which can lead to a more restrictive signal to clear. For example you might encounter single yellow after single yellow after single yellow, etc... in Great Britain because the train ahead of you cleared the block before you got to the next signal.

Look at the minimal do a clip and post it, without a video is impossible to understand exactly what happened so we can't judge whether it's a bug or anything else.

As it stands your (not correct) example is possible if, as I said the main cleared after you passed the signal so now the next main will be red.

IF I understood the problem

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cramnor

This is not happening due to trains ahead of me clearing the track, there are no trains ahead and I don't get a pzb 1000Hz from the distant signal, so it seems to be a visual issue with the signal. One example is the last signals before entering Bochum on HRR with the RE - it's the end of the line, nothing with the signals is changing when approaching, but the let's call it distant signal for the second to last signal on that route is not displaying the right aspect.
    And this is only about the German routes, not the british :)

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ok, got it thanks for the clarification, the british was just an example since it has an easier signalling system, yeah at this point seems like a bug.

6. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

What I noticed about this situation. Often DTG sets up a KS main signal (without distant signal function) to still work as main signal with distant signal function (kinda mirroring the aspect from the next distant signal). Then after a short time you reach the actual distant signal showing what it is supposed to show (just now for a second time, since the main signal did show it early, although it shouldn't)

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

What is that? :D
    UPDATE Oh, that
    yeah, strange, true

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2020
  8. Cramnor

Yes I noticed this as well, a signal without Zs3 is blinking but then the next actual signal does have a Zs3 - so it was working as a distant signal although it shouldn't :) quite some places with that on SKA

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Cramnor

TrainSim-Adam This might help for addressing signal issues. Thanks for looking into it :)

• Like Like x 1