Train Sim World 2 Coming Soon - The Db Br 363

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

If the 363 always comes with this little detail, it may actually convince me to buy it. No matter how small it is, it's still something Dutch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.... that's some impressive investigating. Well done!

I checked their website and you can actually RENT one!!! :D
    Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 20.28.26.png
    There are still 4 available:
    Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 20.28.43.png

I have already tried to contact them, unfortunately, I don't qualify as a customer. Jammer :(: ;)
    Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 20.30.56.png

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

So you have your own rails in your backyard? :D I'm curious about the price to be honest, lol. I know a TRAXX locomotive costs you about €5 million, or if you rent it about €50.000 per month. Believe me, a 363 won't be cheap even though it's smaller :) Still it would be so cool to rent one of these locos, lol. Have a nice little drive in it haha. But that might only happen if you own a company that actually need a shunter ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

I'm also curious, can't find the rate though.
    I wish I wish, I'll dream about renting&driving the 363 on my own rails in my backyard tonight hahaha ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Nice but does not count for me as a Dutch engine, unless it drives at Dutch track. I didn't know these engines ever have been used in the Netherlands.

6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Of course it doesn't really count as Dutch, but it might be the Dutchest* thing we'll ever see in TSW...

*probably not a real word, but who cares :P

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So with this in mind should I consider the container cars for 185.5 the Czechest thing in game?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, there isn't anything Czechier* at the moment.

*probably not a real word, but lets just carry on inventing new words

• Like Like x 1
  9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Wow, I’m really impressed with the detail in this locomotive and I really love how it seems to be balanced on 3 wheels. This is going to be a great addition! I remember exploring RSN a long time ago and finding areas for loading/unloading and wondering if we would ever get a chance to use them. I guess that chance is soon!!

• Like Like x 7
  10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It's interesting considering how the old routes were to be abandoned in the original TSW2 plan (no patches, DLCs). And then there's this many things to add to them/benefit from them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm yes

12. matthewbguilford

Well I think the original plan was to bring new dlc and updates to the preserved collection on TSW2. We just won’t see any updates or dlc to TSW. Which I am actually very happy about. The preserved collection is great on TSW2 and I’m glad they have decided to put all of their efforts into TSW2.

13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No, originally they said there will be no new content for the preserved collection routes. They were to be left as they were. But once the decision changed, you could see many DLCs for them and extensive use in new routes (german routes especially).

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 6
  15. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

No word about Uaces wagon in DLC description means that they will not be available or it will be part of free update of RSN?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

I don't whink they are free, they'll probably be included in the DLC. It has been said that neither the wagons nor the loco add services to other routes, but I sincerely hope it adds some extra services (hauled by 185/155/182/143) that bring the cars to the nearest yard to be picked up by the 363.
    Example:
    - 185 drives the wagons Finnentrop -> Cement works siding
    - 185 is detached from the wagons
    - 185 drives loco only to Hagen/Boele or turns back to Hohenlimburg/Letmathe
    - 363 picks up the wagons and brings them to the cement works

• Like Like x 10
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The wagons are not specified in the feature list. If they are included, I would appreciate them to be mentioned, otherwise they should not be visible in the images. Also it would be nice if the number of timetable services are specified and it would be awesome to have this engine available in some other routes as well in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TS_trainspotter

Unfortunately they said it's not bringing any new service on other existing routes, but at least I hope it brings some new trains on RSN, with electrical locos as mentioned above

19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes thats what I would be looking for too. Maybe 2 rakes in the sidings. Empties left by the mainline loco, and loaded ones prepared and left for a return journey.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TS_trainspotter

Yep, that's what I hope to see and drive. Also, do not forget Elversingen power station, which I sincerely hope has some services dedicated to it (like 185 Finnentrop-Werdohl and 363 Werdohl-Elversingen) for the BR 155 DLC owners, would be the first case of a 2-DLC-collaboration

• Like Like x 4
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This question.

22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This would possibly set up a dangerous precedent. "Here's a loco DLC for a normal price, but to get all of it you need this other loco DLC." You'd end up getting content, that's only content with the whole list of DLCs. Now german routes have something like that but stand on their own as well (HMA has 325 services at start).

23. TS_trainspotter

You're right, but I was thinking about it in another way:
    - if you own 363 and 155, you have cement and coal shunting services
    - if you own 363 only, you have only cement services

NOTE: for everyone reading, this is just a speculation, DTG has not confirmed any of these details yet

• Like Like x 2
  24. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

There are also wood a steel processing industries

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. TS_trainspotter

Oh you're right, at Boele for wood and at Letmathe and Hohenlimburg for steel... hope we're getting some services to these places!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I still think my comment applies to this version as well. You need another DLC to get full use of 363.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I really hope this is how they do it, as opposed to the Rivet / 204 approach of having a load of wagons already there, and more 204s than I care to imagine scattered across the route

28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

German players are like my little brother. Being my parents' favorite, he always got the most and best toys. I bought RSN along with the 155 to bridge the gap until Clinchfield and Cane Creek. It's my only German purchase (don't like super fast passenger runs) so I'm glad DTG is expanding its range and services. Should keep me busy for a while.;);)

29. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Don't forget dtg has a habit in there dlc announcements of not telling you about whats all included all in one announcement But they don't normally show a picture with other new trainscars when they do it,so they ruined the wagon surprise this time.

PS:Wheres this factory on the RSN route,i'm not sure i've ever seen it yet.

30. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh so you want to be surprised now? After you have pained rivet games with daily postings asking for more Screenshots and videos?

• Like Like x 1
  31. TS_trainspotter

It is located between Boele and Hohenlimburg, travelling to Frinnentrop it is on the right

• Like Like x 1
  32. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Those guys can't get a thing right, can they? Really awful developers

33. SHINO BAZ

Theres a huge difference between how dtg and rivet games operate.
    1. Dovetail games relaeses news about there new dlc,with normally less then a month togo.(Unfortunately it's released some what flawed normally)
    2.Rivet games releases news about there new dlc,way way way to early leading to what can be a extra long wait.(Because of this and the quality is about the same but slighty less flawed)

Where talking about dtg here and not rivets games,so before you start commenting know what your talking about.

34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The roadmap disagrees with that. We know exactly what will come, although if you didn't follow the forum closely there are going to be some german surprises. I can't wait for SE HS and Class 313 even if don't have any teasers yet...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  35. SHINO BAZ

Yes,this is true but the roadmap is a new thing before it was introduced to tsw2 the old way was like i stated,but as good as the roadmap might be,remember anything on it can be changed at anytime so you should not get to excited until whatever your excited by is released.

36. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's not how it works mate, because although now DTG can get away with saying to everything "if it's not on the roadmap it's not happening" it works the other way around too, if it's on the roadmap IT IS happening particularly the closer you get to "next arrival" once a project is "in production" is mostly likely already in development and won't change much, and if it did change much the backlash from the community would be huge.

Remember, the roadmap exist to avoid the "broken promises" from TSW1 which DTG still can't leave behind as people still talk about how they said multiplayer etc... so they will take A LOT of care making sure to avoid that.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  37. SHINO BAZ

Fine believe what you want,but dovetail games made the game and up to recently made all it's dlc and updates so even though you and me bought this game and it's dlc,dtg still can do what they want when they want,the roadmap is there roadmap.so it's there system to change when and if they need to.It is a improvement true but it's not a guarantee that nothing can change.

• Like Like x 1
  38. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Way too much ado about not much at all -- but you all get a kick out of this, right?

39. SHINO BAZ

Get your credit cards warmed up 11/05/2020 is the big day.Now the db br 204 has a little buddy of it's own.

So just sit right back and you will hear a tail,a tail of a faitful trip that started form this tropic port aboard this tiny ship.Hold it wrong story,but the real story involves another kind of stormy relationship between two different groups.I leave you all to finish this story with whatever gives you satisfaction.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  40. matthewbguilford

I would agree, they stated when the Roadmap was revealed that anything is a scheduled to change even things close to the release section and if something was removed they would give a detailed explanation on why. I do think the chances of stuff that was already in production being canceled is very slim that doesn’t mean it can’t happen and although this may make the community upset, them communicating with us is the best possible outcome in a situation like that.

• Like Like x 1
  41. marko.kleinschmidt14393

marko.kleinschmidt14393 Member

Nope. The harbour part has always been on the other route but just wasn't available yet.

42. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

From my take thats becasue the cab is sound proofed. Just open the windows you'll hear the external sound ok.

Hentis

43. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

No no, if you compare the Tsw2 in cab sounds with the tsw2020 sounds, you hear the difference which is significant. Now it is almost base vibrations only. If you open the window it is actually OK.

• Like Like x 2
  44. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

That’ll be the mixing changes in TSW 2 which affects audio occlusion. It’s affected all preserved content and without ‘special treatment’, preserved content will always sound worse in TSW 2 than it did in TSW 1.

GWE will apparently be to first piece of preserved content to have its audio mixing worked on specifically for TSW 2, so we’ll see if it sounds as it should on Thursday.

• Like Like x 3
  45. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

There must have been a problem with the download, because I downloaded the DB 363 in Red Traffic livery add-on but found this other one (with blue and red stripe variant).

Train Sim World 2® 2020-11-05 11-53-40.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  46. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Dont know what livery that is, but nicely done.

• Like Like x 1
  47. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Wait...has it been released already??

48. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Console

• Like Like x 1
  49. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Aha, ofcourse...yes!

50. Callum B.