PlayStation Lots Of Dlc On Sale In The Ps Store

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Maxrom, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

If you're in the market for some new DLC, seems there's a decent sale happening at the moment on the PS Store.... finally!

Having never owned TSW2020 I've just picked up the Collectors Edition, which has given me lots of new routes in the preserved collection for TSW2. Cheap way to do it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Dang it, the only thing I want is still full price. Class 52 Western for 2020. I will resist a bit longer. I was only looking at the store yesterday to see if there was a sale on. The only other DLC I was possibly considering to buy for 2020 in a sale (while TSW2 is still iffy) was Oakville but that’s full price too, so nope.

More savings from not buying train things may soon add up to a new Telecaster to keep in Nashville tuning. Hmmm...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I know that feeling. The only 2020 DLC left for me that I‘m interested in is WSR and I foolishly didn‘t buy it the last time it was on sale.:(

• Like Like x 3
  4. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

To confirm, will buying TSW 2020 DLC now unlock both the TSW 2 and TSW 2020 versions?

5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It will. I've just purchased the original HRR, and it's instantly available for TSW2 as well as for TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

Thanks.

7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

There are three things I still want and, two locos and a map, all three are still full price, typical.

• Like Like x 3
  8. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hey guys, I was thinking of getting a couple of the locos on sale and was wondering which ones add the most playability to the game i.e. interesting services, more use of the map etc.

Any recommendations?
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sdbradfo

sdbradfo New Member

Have also bought the TSW2020 Collectors to get three routes I didn’t own. Shouldn’t I also get Rapid Transit?

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If Rapid Transit is in your version of TSW2020 then you should get it also for TSW2. It was included (but not advertised as being so) in the Digital Deluxe edition on PS4 but don’t know about any other editions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

if its the collectors edition then yes r.t is included,it was the only preserved collection dlc where you had to put your disc in and load up 2020, then enter in game store and download it that way.this was for disc version,so not sure how works with digital version. collectors edtion comes with:R.S.N, L.I.R.R, N.T.P, M.S.B, P.C,R.T, G.W.E, AND N.E.C.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Rapid Transit doesn't appear to be included on the Collectors Edition digital version, or if it is, it's not unlocking the RT route in TSW2...

13. sdbradfo

sdbradfo New Member

See posts above, looks like it has to be activated via TSW2029.

14. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

you might have to submit a ticket to support,and get a code to activate it.

15. Lenwigg

Think it will depend on what routes you have as most if not all the loco DLC's say you need a certain route to take full advantage of the loco.

16. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I had this issue when RT was first available for TSW2. You have to go to the full PS store ( not in game ), find Rapid Transit for TSW2, view it, then there's a second option under £24.99 that says 'Free'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Thanks, that worked perfectly. In the store it shows "Choose version" which gives you the ability to get it for free.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I’d forgotten about having to do that to get it. Thankfully someone else with a better brain did remember.

• Like Like x 1
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

But not West Somerset Railway for some reason..? I really wanted to pick that up too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lamplight

Unfortunately not. I wanted to get it as well.

21. Lenwigg

It is a good route, but not something that can be played a lot, max speed 25 MPH. I enjoy it for the scenery, but you get things like 3.5 miles for arguments sake between stations and twenty plus minutes to do it.

Last night I got to my first stop five minuets or more early. My next I was twelve minuets early. But I did use that time to go on a walkabout looking for collectables.

A lot of uphill one minuet and down the next, not a lot of flat. It is worth having but hang on for when it is in a sale otherwise you might curse it if you don't play on it much.

• Like Like x 4
  22. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Yeah I’d never pay £19.99 for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

I agree, I purchased this route on sale when I first got into TSW earlier in the year. It's probably one of the most mundane routes but at the same time oozes charm - it's definitely one to dip into now and again for a change of pace. I think of it like the vintage car that only comes out of the garage for a Sunday drive!

• Like Like x 5
  24. Lamplight

That‘s exactly the vibes I‘m getting and why I‘d like to get it.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, I bought HRR now. It's quite fun to play. I hope the next sale includes HMA ;)

• Like Like x 1
  26. andy218coupe

andy218coupe New Member

Having never owned TSW2020 I've just picked up the Collectors Edition, which has given me lots of new routes in the preserved collection for TSW2. Cheap way to do it.[/QUOTE]

I have just brought this as well, we should also get gwr and trans pen routes so sounds like a no brainier to me.

• Like Like x 4
  27. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Go for telly mate. I'm thinking About the dot or acoustic.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Whats with all the random discounts on the PlayStation store, I bought Peninsula Corridor 2 weeks ago for 25 quid and now it's half price?!
    Even tees valley is heavily reduced -- do these discounts happen on a schedule or do DTG/PS pull DLC out of a hat and discount it?

The fact that I bought Peninsula corridor 2 weeks ago at full price and discounted the next week is very disappointing and has put me off buying GWE at £25

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I don't think there's any schedule for sales, and if there is, it's certainly not something that they'd share with us. The conclusion I've come to is that eventually, everything will be in a sale, it just boils down to when you want the content. If you're happy to wait, then the chances are you can get something reduced. If you want it now, then you pay full price. I'm not buying HMA anytime soon, but if it goes on half price sale, I'll probably pick it up in the hope that they sort the layers out. But, I have also paid full price for other DLC that I wanted right away, which was then reduced a week later. You make your choices, and pay accordingly I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I bought the original TSW digital edition a couple of years ago which has since been automatically upgraded to TSW2020. Would I still be able to buy the Collector's Edition on sale and would it just merge with my existing content? I have purchased DLC for the version I have so presumably the extra routes would just be added?

Presumably if I later buy TSW2, content from the original game plus the DLC I've bought plus the content from the Collector's Edition would all be available in TSW2?

31. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

As far as I know, if any of your existing routes and locos are now in the preserved collection for TSW2, then you can claim them for free in TSW2 and use them in both games. If you buy the TSW2 version of any preserved collection routes or loco's, then they will NOT be available to TSW2020. From what I've seen in the past with different digital editions of other games, the PS store will actually block you from purchasing anything that's incompatible with an edition you've already bought. So, if you're talking all digital purchases, then if PS store allows you to buy it, I can't see why there would be a problem getting collectors edition now, if you already own another edition, and then claiming the routes and loco's that are now in preserved collection in TSW2 for free. Of course, all the content would need to have been purchased on the same PS4 account that TSW2 is on.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Lenwigg

There is a route that I still want to get that was in the sale a few months ago along with another that I wanted. I got the other and now I going to wait until it is in a sale again as it is not in this one. With the loco's, not quite so bad as only a few pounds difference. So with them it depends how much I like the look of them to decide pay full price or wait for a sale.

I know how you feel though, cheated, as I have had the same in the past with another game or two.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Housty

Housty New Member

Hi guys.
    What would you say the best dlc is in terms of value for money?

34. Housty

Housty New Member

You’re 100% correct

35. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Cries in Xbox!

36. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

East Coastway is good, I recommend it. I doubt the 313 will fail to impress either when it releases.

• Like Like x 2