The Idea Of Multiplayer Games Suddenly Comes To Mind

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 59321747, Nov 4, 2020.

1. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Multiple people should not be limited to trains, but should be joined by simulated trucks and simulated airplanes。
    So how much fun it would be, the planes flying overhead and the trucks being driven by players, how much fun it would be to simulate the world。
    I will choose the train to go far away

• Like Like x 1
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I can already picture planes crashing into your trains while you ram your way through a road crossing where a truck decided it would be fun to block the rails

• Like Like x 14
  3. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Basically it would become GTA without guns and pretty much a breeding ground for trolls and anti DTG vendetta squads, thinks I'll pass on that 1........

• Like Like x 10
  4. 59321747

Hatred blinds you

5. krustynuggets

Not hatred, just the full understanding that humans are muppets and devolve into cavefolk as soon as they feel slighted against, the sad fact of reality I'm afraid, if you believe it wouldn't, than sorry you are a fool my friend.

• Like Like x 10
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Personally I am not at all interested in multiplayer, however I could imagine well set up with serious minded people using it, it could be quite rewarding.

It would only take a couple of immature idiots to spoil it for everyone else so I will pass on it.

I imagine at some point it will make an appearance but there are a lot more pressing issues to be resolved before hand.

• Like Like x 4
  7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That´s the reality of multiplayer. I have been playing MMO games for years and thrust me, there´s always one guy that triggers chaos. Unless you have a dedicated group or something live IVAO where people really tries to take things seriously, in most cases public access servers never end well :D

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Run8 does multiplayer well for a couple of reasons - 1) the learning curve of how to operate the simulation is rather high and that keeps the casual players at bay. 2) The public servers are available but not highly utilized and most serious players are on private servers you must join and are pretty well policed and run with a dispatcher that controls the mayhem.

For multiplayer to work well - it will have to be controlled to eliminate the hijinks that some will want to introduce to the detriment of the serious players for the fun of it. Because the probability of this happening on an open access public server - I would avoid multiplayer on such a server like the plague.

• Like Like x 3
  9. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

Easy - just require everyone to use all safety systems if in a public server - problem solved! :P
    But to be honest, I'd prefer DTG to focus on more important stuff than multiplayer, or fix the current issues with the game/DLCs. It still would be neat though.

10. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

multiplayer would be no good for me.

I have tried some MMOs, such as TERA Online, Final Fantasy XIV and even GTA Online. I actually find playing solo more enjoyable. Especially when you're forced to join a team. You either get somebody who doesn't know what to do. Which IMO isn't too bad, as long as they are willing to listen to advice. The other one being the Elite player, who knows everything and anybody who isn't as good gets flamed like a BK Whopper. Also like a BK Whopper you can find yourself being nuked. I have had that.

Also personally I want to let my hair down, and be stupid. Such as in Euro Truck Sim 2 where I go around tight bends as quick as I can, to see if I can keep the lorry upright. or even try to beat level crossings barriers. Afterall when you're doing real driving for life, you really can't do these types of things.

But in answer to Multiplayer, I am not too bothered, as long as there is the option of not being online and part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. krustynuggets

Being able to get your friends in game would be ok, but not trying to offend the player base here, random mofo's in a MMO definitely not for me.

• Like Like x 4
  12. 59321747

Multiplayer is the future, but single-player games are also happening.

13. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Multiplayer is something which doesn't appeal to me but I think we'll see it one day.. There's plenty of arguments about trolling on multiplayer servers which I can foresee, how would DTG get around that? I don't know but I'd stay well away from multiplayer just because it's not "my thing". I really hope DTG make sure the main game is right before they expand into other areas.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Most of the trains I drive there is only one person in the cab, so you are talking about someone in another train? Someone I'd chat with? Hasn't much appeal for me. Sorry. :|

I agree with several others who have said that there are many things that DTG ought to consider a higher priority than multiplayer.

15. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

On Microsoft Flight Sim multiplayer, if you come across misbehaving player traffic, with plenty of space (the whole world!) you can normally fly away from them.

With a train it would be extremely difficult. (you can only go where the rails takes you!)

Would only need one person to stop in the middle of the route and everyone would grind to a halt behind.

For me, difficult to see how multi player could add to the experience on TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes that is my thinking I can't picture how it would work really.

If it had the ability to simulate being a guard and a signaller and other roles then I could see those elements and driving being combined. Unless you just all drive trains up and down a network and see if you can keep time.

17. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Invite-only, or passworded sessions should do the trick.

• Like Like x 6
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Sometimes I get the feeling, some people think, multiplayer will be just as mandatory as in some MMO games. I understand the concerns, but there are probably no such plans :)

19. 59321747

Don't you want the future DTG world to be a multi-faceted interaction?
    You can play different roles in the DTG world, "airplane", "train", "truck", "car"

• Like Like x 1
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm happy with trains, but a mix with something like ETS would be tasty :)

21. 59321747

At present, I hope DTG can put multiplayer games on the schedule as soon as possible

• Like Like x 1
  22. LeadCatcher

While I agree in principle - as with Run8, the logistics of setting up a session - getting everyone you invited in and have dedicated time where all can participate does take away from the “spontaneous” sessions. While not insurmountable, it starts to feel like an obligation to set the time aside to be a member of such sessions.

For those reasons - I am not a participant in multiplayer on Run8, or in my flight simulations and doubtfully would be so in TSW.

I am not against multiplayer for those who would find it enjoyable - but, as most people are, looking out for my own interest would rather see the development time put in to support TrackIR, Raildriver - fix the bugs so far reported and develop more routes to continue with the variety - especially the NE Corridor of the US for Amtrak - more freight routes of all countries. Of course that is me just being selfish I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is not exactly how it works, but it can also be like that. R8 servers can prosper permanently, in a 24-hour cycle. You go in when you want, you do what you want. Once you are alone, other times you are not :)
    For me, it is a minor thing, but a good game should have a multi, I think.

24. LeadCatcher

I wasn’t commenting on how Run8 works - very familiar with the servers and such but was commenting on the invitation only and password protected group session that Protagonist was suggesting.

In Run8 you usually find yourself in a single player environment on a multiplayer server when no one else is logged in . If you want to run with a conductor, then you are back to scheduling time for session times to coincide so both are on at the same time so my comments are still germane. In the few multiplayer sessions I have been on when one had not prearranged to meet others it was like a single player game with a chat window open.

So like I stated - if you like the multiplayer environment fantastic - I hope you get it - but for me, I am happy with single player environments. Could I get more involved in Run8’s multiplayer and joined a closed server and establish consistent sessions in which to log in - sure - but not my cup of tea and so probably will not happen.

25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

:)

The servers in Run8 (the important ones) are absolutely not empty. The issue of time zone and the appropriate server.
    PS I personally also use Train Sims mainly as single-player games, but the multi-option should be implemented.
    We are in the 21st century :) PAX

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2020
  26. krustynuggets

Just a 2 player co-op would be cool could have a secondman in the cab with you, obviously make it realistic to the era and route and think you would have a winner on your hands personally.

EDIT. And for the passenger routes the second player could be the guard on board again realistic to era.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. 59321747

A lot of people worry about what happens when a multiplayer game gets into trouble?

The problem is simple. If the player quits from the server, the AI controls take over and reach the designated location.

If a player has a temporary problem, he must deal with it immediately. Artificial intelligence can be selected to take over the specified location.

After exiting the server, players can gain control through new online logins.

For a period of malicious parking, if there is no choice of artificial intelligence or the co pilot to take over the work. The service directly chooses to kick the player out of the server.

If you have repeatedly violated malicious parking, you can directly block the ID if you do not choose the intelligent system or co-pilot to receive the work

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020