Db Br 363 Available Today!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 5, 2020.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Available today is the DB BR 363, read here for more information.

El07JNrXYAIPG_Y.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Nice, but only 13 timetable services.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

That's pretty little. But it's better than DB 204. Thanks for the information.

4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Are those at least somewhat long with some mainline runs (probably on short stretches to the specific industries)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Fixed the bugged scenario!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

So I'll have to wait for a sale.. :P

7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Nice DLC but buger Cemet Mixer scenario interrupt my first impression.
    Loco has quiet unique control system, act like farming tractor with HST transmision.
    I really like moving lever on brake pipe valve at 363 and Uacns wagon !

8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Quite like it so far though only had time for tutorial. Manual lapping brakes and the throttle system promise to keep things interesting.

Sounds are good, but quiet in the cab with windows closed (but tbf i feel like this is an issue for almost all locos in the game).

Only 13 services for the 363, but am i imagining things, or were some mainline services added for the default RSN freight locos? I had a quick look at the list and saw a few "cement deliveries", which would seem to be new as that wagon came with this dlc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. gergonemes

gergonemes Member

Great loco, but cement mixer scenario bugged on xbox

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I figured out how to turn on PZB. To the left of the handset is a box. Open the box and turn on the fuse. PZB lights up when the main switch is switched on.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I feel like the Scenario Planner as an excuse is even worse for a shunting loco, as there is no way you can create proper shunting scenarios (like the developers can with their tools)

• Like Like x 5
  12. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s me or the 2 services where you have to shunt some dostos carriages are broken ? No objectives at all it’s like we’re stuck

13. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Have to say just like with the DB155, when it comes to locomotives that are unique they have absolutely nailed it. The look of this locomotive mixed with the interesting and unique controls in the cab, along with the ability to uncouple with a switch in the cab this really is a great driving experience. I was driving at about 20mph when I had to put the direct brake into 100%. My wheels locked up and I continued to slide along the rails. This little shunter so far with the 3 scenarios, 13 varied DB363 shunting services and the addition of Cement wagon services to the other locomotives not to mention the ability to use the DB363 in the scenario planner for other routes (although the scenario planner needs a core update to additional train markers . I would say this is a great locomotive dlc and a unique and different experience!

• Like Like x 6
  14. matthewbguilford

I also want to share something I found out when noticing the second man is standing in the cab. If you go over to the left side where the second man seat would be and look at the floor you can “Stand on second mans seat” and this allows you to stand while controlling the locomotive! I hope it helps!

• Like Like x 1
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know I already talked it in another thread on xbox discussion but I wanted to write it here as well.

This loco in my opinion is another huge missed opportunity for more variety, only 13 timetable services on one route? The container siding on RRO immediatly comes to mind... there not any shunter operating there? What about Hagen? I really really hope when we'll get the IC DB101 services, if we get them for HMA you will use a shunter like these to pull the cars away from the loco (now at the end of the line) and doing some of that shunting too.

As usual the scenario designer used as an excuse to justify the lackluster timetable services is there taking a whole paragraph in that article, just to remember you that if you really want, you can have more than 2 weeks worth of gameplay... yay?

Just like HMA, I really would like to get this one but if I have to vote with my wallet, this is a firm no as well, what a shame the loco itself seems really well crafted and really interesting to drive...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was going to reply here earlier but thought I had better watch the stream first. I’ve seen enough of it now to say that this DLC looks great, despite the impression I was getting before watching the stream. The number of services is bigger than the 13 you drive in the actual shunter, with lots of additional services moving the trains involved in the shunting services along to and from other destinations. It adds to the interest on the route in quite a big way due to that. The lack of coal movement into the power station is a bit of a let down but not as much as I would have thought before seeing what actually is included.

I definitely want to get this. I will only get it once I’m a bit more satisfied with the quality of RSN as a whole in TSW2, as I’d like to spend time with it as a package and I want the trains I’d use for those supplemental services to be at least approaching how good they are in TSW2020. This loco is unique in TSW and the model looks great but I don’t want the route it’s on to spoil anything about it.

The weedy horn... Why can’t DTG do horns? Is it because the general sound level of everything else is mixed too high and that leaves no headroom for something louder like a horn. The dynamic range can’t be so narrow that quieter sounds can’t actually be mixed quieter. Mix everything else a bit lower (people can turn the volume up at home) and that will leave a few more precious decibels free for the horn, which does really have to be louder than the rest of the sound. Trying to squeeze the horn in over the top of an overly loud mix is going to result in a weedy effort like on this loco. Something to think about anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Couldn't watch the stream, can you tell me more about that? I don't understand... the services are 13 as written, how can there be more than that?

I got it, there are more 185.2 services, but I want to drive the 363... even if there are other 185.2 services they don't add to how much enjoyment I'll get from playing the actual loco

• Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s more services for the 185.2 or any other locos you’ve got that can substitute with it. If you’re not going to get much more from those then it doesn’t add anything for you. I got the switcher for Peninsular Corridor partly because it was adding a little extra to the traffic on the route when driving the other trains on what was my favourite route at the time, as well as the services for the loco itself. I think this gives more value than that did really. I wasn’t inspired to get the 204 when that came out even though I liked the look of the actual loco. I think that was more limited than this. And as I said above I’m not getting this until I can get the value from those other services when the trains I’ll use are working better. It’s certainly a fine line when deciding whether something has enough value for you to part with your cash.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Right if I ramble about how this DLC has too few services I at least wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of DTG trickery which somehow increased the number of things to do even if there are only 13 services...

also I know how stupid this is, but as a firm believer of the "vote with your wallet" ethic I won't get this DLC, the low number of services plus the paragraph with the usual excuse of the scenario designer is something I really do not want to see in the future for any other loco, if it weren't for that I would have bought it already.

Same for the HMA... not getting it until I can use the 423 on SKA as a substitution.

The same will be for the 420 if it can only be used on HMA...

• Like Like x 4
  20. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I can understand your attitude as I'm feeling almost the same. The 363 looks fantastic, congratulations to the modelling team for a once again fantastic creation. :) after my tries in 3D and CAD construction tools I recon it would take me two decades to have it looking like that :D

However I won't be buying it at the moment as well. The engine would fit perfectly to every other german route as it's likely to be found in any station with a siding so I would have ideas for maybe 500+ services over all...
    But if the scenario planner tool gets to a point some day where shunting services can be realized and more areas of each route can be adressed (hopefully with individual paths like in MSTS) this will find the way on my console (most likely Series X then :D) immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I have to say the 363 DLC is very, very good indeed. I had a blast with it last night on PS4. The loco looks great and sounds great. The detail in the cab and the feel of driving it are fantastic. A very unique loco and driving experience and is well work the full price.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I took a ride in br363 yesterday and I must say it's just amazing. Definitely one of the most unique and difficult driving experiences in TSW and it's lots of fun. Both the sounds and the model are very well done and the physics seem fine, but I'm no expert so i can't really say.

13 services + 3 scenarios are more than enough for me, as they are definitely diverse and interesting enough that I can replay the same ones over and over, not to mention the additional 185 services.

It also add lots of value to the route itself by filling up the yards and making them feel much more alive for train just passing through.

So, IMO it's one of the best loco dlc and worth the price.

• Like Like x 9
  23. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I bought this locomotive yesterday during the update. This morning the DLC is installed. But I can't see the loco anywhere.
    I did a file check and no problem.
    Help....

24. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Do you have RSN first ?

25. Jeannot41

Yes! I have all the DLC.
    I just unchecked the DLC on Steam.
    A priori, he charges it to me.

26. Jeannot41

It's good, he installed it for me.
    Thank you

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is just awesome. No need to say more, you can read my review on steam.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned above, just be aware one of the included scenarios, the cement one, is broken.

29. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Brilliant loco, enjoyed it more than expected, it is nice to have some break and throttle mechanics that are different from the usual ones.
    Now waiting for a quick fix for the cement scenario.
    Honestly though it is beyond me how that has not been found when testing. Did they make last minute changes that were not tested?

30. matthewbguilford

Considering we have had shunter dlc that only came with 4 services before I’ll gladly take 13 varied shunting services. Although 13 may not sound like a lot compared to are usual service count. These are more involved then your typical service.

• Like Like x 4
  31. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is true. And I believe as soon as it becomes possible to create shunting scenarios, possibly with a consist editor, it will be perfectly fine. I have seen alot of people here that would gladly create their own custom shunting scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  32. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

At 12 GB, this struck me as a very large (and, of course, l-o-n-g) download -- especially given my v-e-r-y p-o-k-e-y ATT connection. When it finally finished, I hastened to drive the tutorial. I can see having to run this several more times, since the startup sequence is complex and the throttle/brake action is unusual, to say the least. This is a magnificent example of a DLC that cries our for a users' manual!!!!! You can count on me as one of those who will start developing activities for this engine when and if a true editor ever becomes available.

• Like Like x 1
  33. LastTrainToClarksville

I'd like to read your review, but haven't been able to find it. Please post a link?

34. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Having played more, this really is a fantastic DLC. More like this please!!!

35. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Correct, Matt said, I believe, do a search in services for 318 which will give you the new ones. I have bought it but have not had time to run anything yet. Based on the positive comments so far, looking forward to it since I really enjoy switching.

36. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  37. Jeannot41

Aside from the complexity of braking, the DLC is superb.

38. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Braking seems fine to me, I would just do two little tweaks to it:
    -have the loco brake "apply" not bounce back to hold, applying loco brakes is somewhat iffy this way, you basically repeatedly tap the loco brake and "fight it" to get the right pressure
    -"apply" on train brake seems a bit too fast, you can't have any finesse with it. TSG said this brake goes into full braking in 4 seconds, but here you start sliding after about 2 seconds.

39. LastTrainToClarksville

Does any forum member know of a site where a driver's manual for this great switcher can be found? Perhaps in English!?

40. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Well, after doing the introduction, this is a fun little loco to drive.

41. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Very fun to drive and when you brake too hard it drifts like deja vu

• Like Like x 1
  42. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where the SIFA light indicator is on the 363?? I can’t find it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. LastTrainToClarksville

One more reason for having a users' manual!

• Like Like x 4
  44. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im very impressed with this little shunter on RSN, in fact i love it. its a shame there isnt more shunting duties with it so im hoping some more will be made for it, id gladly pay for more even if more shunting duties came out as a separate dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  45. LastTrainToClarksville

Here's an undocumented (but then, what isn't, since there's no user manual) cab control for this engine:

20201109103431_1a.jpg
    P.s.: this only works when the respective coupler arm (???) is in lowered position! Also, a similar control is located on the left side of the cab.

46. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I was somehow "documented" very well in the release stream ;) But cool and useful feature indeed, leaving end entering the cab on 363 is not the esiest of all locos aviailable for TSW.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  47. LastTrainToClarksville

Yes, getting in and out can be a bit tricky, but learning how to accomplish such things is, for me, part of the challenge. By the way, I don't make a habit of watching DTG streams, primarily because dear old Ma Bell's version of a fast connection resembles a Galapagos tortoise taking a snooze.

48. LastTrainToClarksville

Here's another operating tip for this wonderful shunter: yesterday, I took on one of the timetable services that involves making up a passenger train. After a couple of maneuvers, the time came to uncouple the last of three coaches, so I walked to the correct spot and found myself looking at this and wondering where to click:

20201109170054_1.jpg
    After failing to find the correct place to tickle, I remembered the possibility of crouching down while on foot by pressing the C key:

20201109170102_1.jpg

It still wasn't easy to locate the precise uncoupling spot, but at least this red circle appeared when I managed to find it.

Why isn't there a manual????? And don't tell me that this operation was covered in some stream or other. I shouldn't have to watch a stream to learn these basic techniques and even if I did, I'd probably forget the trick when using it became necessary. This DLC incorporates quite a few driving and operational techniques not found in other add-ons, making a user's manual that I can have open on my second monitor while driving!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Like every other cars than need to be detached, you need to find the coupler. In this case, the rubber cover is in the way, so you have to crouch and go closer to the actual coupler, turning the flashlight on might help. When you find the coupler (in german trains a chain-shaped metal piece) just click on it and everything's gonna be ok!

50. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is more to say about this wonderful loco. I will update the RSN Route Guide in coming days and cover this as well.

• Like Like x 1