Tsw 2 Pc Performance

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by treid09, Nov 2, 2020.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello!

I have a question for everyone who has been playing TSW 2 for a while. I am considering getting it, but I would like to know if the performance is better on the CPU. I have Sand Patch Grade on TSW 2020 (got the original CSX Heavy Haul disc), and was told that it was the most performance-heavy route in TSW. Has Sand Patch Grade been optimized in TSW 2 (in other words, will I be able to run it better in TSW 2 versus TSW 2020?) Also, how do other North American routes, like the Peninsula Corridor, or the Canadian National Oakville Subdivision perform compared to Sand Patch Grade?

Thanks for the help! Stay well everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. robski

robski Member

I can confirm that the performance is some what better but it`s heavily system dependent.
    What CPU do you have?

3. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Sand Patch Grade in TSW2 is basically an entirely new route. In developing TSW2 they built SPG from scratch. It has been optimized to run smoother than in TSW2020.

The other TSW2020 routes are exactly as the are in TSW2020. They have not been changed, except for the removal of some existing bugs. There might be plans to upgrade them in the future.

4. treid09

treid09 Guest

An HP laptop with:
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs)
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics

5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks, JG! Sounds great, I'll have to give it a go perhaps.

6. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Your CPU is actually quite capable; it is your (i)GPU that will be the bottleneck in this game. Unless your laptop has some other dGPU that was not specified, I am going to say that you will not have that much of a better experience.

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Yeah, DTG told me that the integrated card was what killed my performance. I don't think that I have any other dGPU, so this might just have to do for now. Thanks!

8. Rage607

Rage607 Member

Hello,
    my wife also has an AMD APU (cpu +gpu). It had just one memory dimm installed, so I installed two. Performance increased quite a bit. AMD apus benefit greatly from dual channel ram.
    Obviously a dedicated gpu would perform way better, but since you are stuck with the laptop, it couldn't harm to check, if you are running dual or single channel ram.

• Like Like x 1
  9. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Performance is much better compared to TSW1, specially if you enable DirectX 12 for Unreal Engine in the steam launch options via -DX12 command line. But it still suffers stuttering each time new scenery is being loaded. Hopefully this is fixed in the future.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello, thanks for the help! How do you check to see if you are running dual or single channel ram?

11. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks for the reply, I do hope they fix that in the future. Cheers!

12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The easiest method in my opinion would be to download a small software called CPU-Z and check its Memory tab. Alternatively you can open up the laptop and count how many sticks of RAM there are (although this is unreliable as sometimes RAM is soldered to the motherboard).

• Like Like x 1
  13. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks, Callum.

14. Rage607

Rage607 Member

I would recommend using cpu-z, too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've found this week TSW2 being rather odd in its behaviour - it's started freezing up for maybe a second every minute or so, even without a game update. My computer did blue screen on Monday so maybe something to do with that? I do suspect a Steam update too.

16. treid09

treid09 Guest

Interesting, we certainly will have to see.

17. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

if you are getting BSOD could and playing games could be some of your pc components is having issues, next time you have a BSOD try to see if it give some sort of code or word phrase, usually it tells you were could be the issue

for starters make sure to update your GPU drivers and get win10 up to date

18. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

All Windows 10's nice and helpful BSOD said was Driver Power State Failure. It was running extremely slow before and happened when I tried to end task Notepad through the task manager. TSW appears to be the only program that's started behaving differently to before the BSOD. Should point out I wasn't playing any games at the time (I was in a university online lecture).
    [​IMG]

19. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

check here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-failure/3a7427d5-8965-47d4-858d-b34601496f65

• Helpful Helpful x 1