Fishing Sim World Underwater Cam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrkus1702, Nov 4, 2020.

1. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

According to the trailer for the Bass Pro Shops Edition there's an underwater cam.
    Anyway to use it on standard FSW with the Bass pro shops DLC?

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi mrkus1702, the underwater feature only comes with the Bass Pro Shops Edition. This is not something featured in the DLC.

3. mbar8t6

mbar8t6 Member

I’m slightly confused by this pro shops edition, so if you buy dlc for standard fsw you can’t use underwater camera? So effectively pro shops edition is a stand alone game? It comes with 8 venues, are these previous fsw dlc venues? If you buy pro shops edition can you still buy and fish the European carp fishing venues? Are you basically asking people who already own fsw and all dlc to buy the same stuff again just to use underwater camera?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boilie

Boilie New Member

I was thinking the same thing, you don’t get the camera with the dlc you have to rebuy the whole game to get something featured in the dlc trailer. Strange indeed.

5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Wait, there's an underwater cam?!
    Well I may check this out after all!

6. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Does this mean we have to repurchase all the DLC from before if we get the Bass Pro Shop edition?

7. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Morning all, we do not recommend that you purchase the Bass Pro Shops Edition for this one feature. The Bass Pro Shops Edition is a standalone game with its own separate leagues. If you already own Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour then we recommend you purchase the DLC if you want the Bass Pro Shops Equipment. To confirm, the underwater camera does not come in the DLC.

The team has been made aware of the demand behind everyone wanting an underwater camera.

• Like Like x 2
  8. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Could you make it so we can switch between underwater cam, third person cam and first person cam while fighting a fish and or reeling the lure in?

9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hello omniblack0, thank you for letting us know. I can pass this feedback onto the team to consider for future updates.

10. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Well, Just as I was about to give Dovetail some credit for offering the new Bass Pro Shops equipment as dlc for those who already own the game; I read this garbage. Yes, 100% garbage! You flat out leave FSW pro tour all year with no improvements. Release 'The Catch' with all game improvements that were asked for ALOT by the players of FSW. Say your going to work on updating Pro Tour later in the year but, NO! You release a stand alone version of FSW with yet more game features that were asked for in the original game. You make it so you only get the added features if you buy the full Bass Pro Shop Version! This is the worse buisiness practices I've seen from any game company. Seriously, this is worse then micro transactions. I walked away after months of complete neglect from Dovetail towards the entire community of Fishing players & supporters here in the forums, online social media, your own website! You've treated every person who've bought your game as worthless lemmings & pieces of excrement!!! You've turned this franchise into nothing more than a higher priced version of a mobile app/game. Don't improve anything that you've developed just release it again & again as version1,2,3 or under another name! Whoever at Dovetail that's responsible for making the buisiness decisions on the fishing franchise is? Please just quit, don't collect your belongings in your office just leave! I'm done with you Dovetail! I will make sure to tell everyone I know, every chance I get to steer clear from your company & your shoddy games!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. D3VILDOG8541

And yes, I too was fooled into buying the Bass Pro Shops dlc, thinking it sounds great, give Dovetail one more chance?? Epic Fail, Dovetail got my money & I got a dlc that didn't even deliver the equipment it was supposed to. No boats, lures that are broke, best of all I'm even missing lures that I've had all along!!!
    Won't even bother posting in Technical sub forum as there's plenty of reports already. Dovetail you really have outdone yourself!!! BRAVO

12. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

If Dovetail only did something good for the fans once, they would install all the improvements from the Catch in FSW and offer it for free, including the new lakes and preferably with a 4K option like TSW2. That would bring many disgruntled buyers back

13. Boilie

Boilie New Member

I was just thinking about this earlier playing the catch, how it seems like this company cannot at any point spend time improving anything unless they can sell it for some kind of profit. I only got into FSW very minor but have been playing The catch everyday and its still hasnt recieved any kind of improvement after all the problems have been posted and complained about. If the pattern continues guess there is a chance all the updates will be in the next game they put out we will have to buy.

14. D3VILDOG8541

Yeah, that's the tragedy of it. Every single improvement in 'The Catch' was asked for & promised by Dovetail at the time to be implemented into FSW. The bugs in multi-player are still there, they have been since Initial release of FSW. The competition Settings & new lakes, underwater camera were all things asked for by the player base during FSW. I can only believe that dovetail has gone this selfish, money grabbing route of releasing 2 'New Games' with improvements that were asked for by players & promised by Dovetail to be implemented into FSW. Simply because players abandoned the game in droves because of their lies & failure to deliver on their product! The whole new competition system in the Bass Pro Shops dlc was the most requested fix/feature requested for FSW. I mean Career mode doesn't even make sense in the original FSW: Pro Tour. Getting sponsorships is cool but tournament winnings mean absolutely nothing! You can't spend it in game & the stupidest thing of all is you couldn't earn TP in career mode at all? This is a BIG middle finger to every single player who bought FSW, has been with dovetail since Euro Fishing & put any faith in Dovetail as a game company! It's a flipping disgrace! Dovetail you need to fix FSW as was long ago promised. Do you remember? You know when you had an active engagement with your fan base. You had weekly streams about your game, FSW. You were active in the forums??? All that disappeared, something drastic changed & someone decided screw the players, We just need to maximize our profits! And still to this day no official response from anyone at Dovetail as to why these decisions were made! I know a company doesn't 'have to' give explanations to its supporters about these things. Good responsible companies do though! Does anyone at Dovetail have an ounce of respect for those that have supported you through the years, through this Covid disaster, to keep buying your games, dlc's, etc. in hopes you'd eventually turn it around? Actions speak louder than words Dovetail. Your actions are extremely disappointing, disgraceful & disheartening! Seeing a company I really loved, spoke highly of & defended for years has devolved into this, is truly beyond sad!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  15. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi all, first of all thank you for the feedback. The underwater camera feature was something that we were not able to include in the DLC. However, we felt it important to make sure the current players of Fishing Sim World Pro Tour were still able to get access to all the other parts of the equipment without having to purchase a full game again. We have some bugs with the DLC that we are aware of and the team is working through this. This includes any of the points mentioned about the missing boats, engines and lures that players previously had. We appreciate everyone’s patience while the team work on getting this sorted.

In response to comments regarding upgrades to a 4k option like TSW2, the train team at Dovetail stands separate to Fishing. Fishing is a considerably smaller team in comparison to trains, this is why updates take longer and feature requests might not always be fulfilled.

We have had a transition period between community managers, this is likely why things have felt as if they had fallen quiet. I have been going through the forums now helping where I can and passing on all relevant and important feedback to the team. This however does not mean all features and requests can or will be implemented, the team will have to prioritise certain tasks over others. For example, the team has been focusing purely on getting a fix out for the issues around the Bass Pro Shops DLC. Plans are in place to start the streams up again so we can talk directly to the community about our games and answer questions that everyone has been asking. I will of course keep everyone up to date for when we are having this first Q&A stream.

16. saintdeath

saintdeath New Member

Can we also get dynamite with the camera?

Some of us trailer trash mullet wearing poachers....just kidding ....

Cheat at trophy fish

No but seriously....I'd love the camera to come to this version of the game!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2021