Br 363

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nberneck99, Nov 5, 2020.

1. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

First off I have to say this might be my favorite German loco. It’s so weird to drive, but super interesting and funky. The horn is the only thing that’s quite disappointing. Otherwise I’d highly recommend the 363. Does anyone know what the fine control valve does?

• Like Like x 2
  2. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea on how to use the brakes? I can get behind the loco brake, but the brake for the whole train when coupled with wagons is a mess for me. Its either 0% or 100%, whereas with 100% the wheels lock up immediately, which makes the brake kinda unusable. Also, do you know where the main switches for the SIFA and PZB are? Really like this loco too, but at the moment I can't really drive it all that well.

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

@colinL
    I don't have the loco by my guess would be that it doesn't have a self-lapped air system. So you move the brake handle to apply, wait for the EQ reservoir to reach the pressure you would like and then move the handle back to hold. If you keep it in apply it will keep decreasing the pressure, thus, in the end applying 100% brakes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. nberneck99

I’ve had a bit of trouble with the brakes releasing when hooked to wagons. Yes it is a lapped braking system so the above is how it works. The safety systems are directly in front of the right side seat underneath the window, but it’s just easier to press control-shift-enter.

5. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

I really like it as well, I'm only disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any scenarios or timetable services still at the power station?

6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Ok, I have found the SIFA switch, but theres no PZB switch there? Also, explain to me how you can smoothly brake with wagons attached? Like I said, the train brake is either 0% applied or 100% applied which results in locking wheels...

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

To brake smothly you need to know that the fill time for max pressure is only 4 seconds. So you need to put the brake handle into lapping position only a very short time and then back to holding position. If you wait to long, you will basically end up in a emergency braking.

When you couple to wagons you need to wait until their reservoirs are filled and brakes are releasing. To give you a hint, you can listen to the compressor sound on the loco. If it ends you can basically start running the train.

PZB switch is on the left side near the windows. A tiny box where you need to open a plasic cover and then there is a switch underneath. Also there is the main PZB valve left side of the middle console (where the second men has his feets), a red handle.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  8. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Thank you Maik. So the Train-Brake works as the Loco brake, where the application is done by a either 0 or 1 switch right? Only shortly pull the lever of the train brake to the max position, then back into neutral to fill it a little bit, right? If thats the case, shouldn't the train brake behave like the loco brake where I have to continue pressing the apply button to actually apply? With the loco brake it jumps back into neutral, whereas the train brake stays in application, which is highly likely the fault as to why it brakes so hard everytime. If it'd jump back into neutral when releasing the key on the keyboard, it'd be much easier to apply smoothly.

9. nberneck99

Thank you! Do you know what the fine control valve is for?

10. Maik Goltz

The fine control valve does not have any function in the game. That is basically a backup control for the the pneumatic engine control system if the joystick does not work for any reason. To activate the fine control you would normaly need to move some valves into a specific position in the engine compartment. Thats all not there in the game. So it is a useles but moving lever.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

I really can't find the PZB switch to turn the system on. I can see the box where it also says PZB90 and so on. I guess I have to open the little hatch there. But it doesn't let me. Do any preconditions have to be met? Like the engine must be off in order to do so?

12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Has anyone here been able to complete „Cement Mixer“? The train that is supposed to drop of cars just doesn‘t move for me.

13. nberneck99

It seems I just ran into that issue...

14. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

How many services does the loco come with?

15. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

A manual would sure help all these ponderances

• Like Like x 2
  16. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

Around 15. (Sorry, don't remember the exact number) It also adds some services to regular freight runs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

the loco seems very interesting and drives totally different. What I didn't like at all though, is that if I were to step out of the cab (partially, only on the step just at the door) There seems to be NO way for me to get back into the cab even though im RIGHT THERE in the door. The only way is to press the emergency break button under the step! That is UNACCEPTABLE. I hope they fix this. Everything else so far I like.

18. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I bought this locomotive yesterday during the update. This morning the DLC is installed. But I can't see the loco anywhere.
    I did a file check and no problem.
    Help....

19. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Do you also own the required route, as mentioned on the product page?

“Please note: Train Sim World® 2: Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen - Finnentrop Route Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.”

20. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It's okay, Steam just installed it for me again

21. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Does it need to be run on the mainline or just at the yards?

22. Lamplight

There is one service to take a Br 363 from Hagen to Boele. Otherwise you can only run it on the mainline via scenario planner.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this loco, sounds are awesome physics excellent, now I have never been one for shunting but I really can get into them with this beauty! Thanks, Maik/DTG. :cool:
    My wife said that it looks real and it's erm cute! :love:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. martschuffing

I like the fact that one needs quite a bit of skill with those brakes, dabbing self lap is key, nice also that you just cant couple up and away you go, you have to wait for the wagons brakes to come off as in real life. :love:

I'd like to see some Silberlings/N-Wagens in-game so we can have some piloting duties for the wee beastie.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  25. montes_1234

Whery good loco. I want to give a positive feedback to keep up a good work.
    But why this loco (I think that is not only) does not have a running sounds. So after cutting throttle you can not hear a boggies. Ok engines are running but again nothing from below can't be heard. But I tested it further. So after turning engines off while moving you again can't hear anything from the running boggies. It's an immersion braking because than there are no sounds at all like the loco is standing.

26. Maik Goltz

The loco definetly has running sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Maaan, time is running out fast when you are switching with this lady. I thought I was playing about half an hour, the game told me that it was 1:23.

• Like Like x 3
  28. montes_1234

After checking it again I must say that indeed it have running sounds. But in my opinion they are to quiet. I think that that sound should be a lot louder (especially inside the cab it can be barely heard) as should be the sound of the horn. It would be much more immersive. But again great work. Congrats.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  29. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

montes_1234 Too quiet in-cab sounds is a big issue on almost every preserved route and it's said it might be fixed in near future since it appeared on the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  30. Maik Goltz

From inside the cab you can't hear barely anything loud from the running sounds outside except louder flanges and the joint clanks until you have opened a door or window. Those locos are old but also a bit insulated (especially the refurbished ones). From what i know and heard the sound represents the volume very well. The main problem might be the overall to loud environment sounds on that older preserved route and the preserved collection trains too. That definitly does not fit well together. But that will change some day i guess.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. martschuffing

Matt said on the stream for this loco that they are not used for Pilot duties.....
    YouTube begs to differ.
    Aachen! An opportunity for a reskin and some pilot scenarios for the Koln Aachen route?

The horn sounds are definitely louder than on the model.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  32. Lamplight

I‘m terribly sorry to go slightly off-topic but could you (or someone else) explain to me what exactly pilot services are?

33. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Bit of a shame this isn't being offered as a "Pack" including the route, as otherwise it is £37 if you don't have RSN already...

Edit: Oh well, it's only money!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  34. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they mean (empty) stock moves between station and sidings or vice versa.

• Like Like x 1
  35. martschuffing

Spot on OldVern.

36. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  37. martschuffing

Yes, I have that already! can you select stock in the scenario editor for the 363 particularly Dosto's? Not sure you can?

38. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

39. nberneck99

I believe it has to do with not having the Engineers/crews spend the time to take the trains to and from the yard. Kind of like a hostler for American freight services because all crews have a limited time frame. So to make sure the road crews have all their time used on the road they have a different crew build the train.

40. Lamplight

Thanks, both of you!

:love: Not quite as beautiful as "Altrot" but extremely well done!

41. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Orientrot? ;-)

42. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

This video is interesting as driver is using the remote control to perform the shunting from outside the cab. Also as train runs a section of the line on the street. We are lucky as the remote control can be simulated by using the 8 key view or placing the 2/3 key views on the rear wagons.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  43. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Looks great.

I had two Lima shunters which looked just liked that, one was painted in BR green and the other BR blue, seeing that screenshot very much reminded me of the latter one! They may have been a model of the 363.

44. Lamplight

That‘s what I‘m always doing:)